Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Feb 2023, 10:10 (Ref:4142850)   #551
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK an easy one.

Who am I? I was an F1 Championship race winner. I only ever led 3 GP laps in my entire career.
Old 6 Feb 2023, 11:37 (Ref:4142854)   #552
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Olivier Panis?
Old 6 Feb 2023, 12:17 (Ref:4142857)   #553
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter Getting. Maybe he only led 1 lap.
Old 6 Feb 2023, 13:46 (Ref:4142859)   #554
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Peter Getting. Maybe he only led 1 lap.
I think you mean Peter Gethin. If you did you got it right.

He led three laps, all at Monza in his 1971 win.... Laps 52 and 53. Then lap 55, the important one.
Old 6 Feb 2023, 13:56 (Ref:4142860)   #555
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did mean Peter Gethin.
Unfortunately I can't think of a question at the moment.
Old 7 Feb 2023, 14:23 (Ref:4142988)   #556
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What connects the following
Fagioli, Musso, Brooks, Lauda, Prost, de Angelis, D. Hill
Old 7 Feb 2023, 22:52 (Ref:4143047)   #557
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
They all lost a WDC title in the last race of the season?
Meaning they had a mathematical chance until the result of the final race of the year.
Old 8 Feb 2023, 00:33 (Ref:4143057)   #558
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Combined they all share every vowel in the English alphabet.
Old 8 Feb 2023, 08:22 (Ref:4143072)   #559
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
They all lost a WDC title in the last race of the season?
Meaning they had a mathematical chance until the result of the final race of the year.
Musso and de Angelis never was in final round contention
Old 8 Feb 2023, 17:39 (Ref:4143165)   #560
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Combined they all share every vowel in the English alphabet.
Schwa included…
Old 15 Feb 2023, 08:25 (Ref:4143750)   #561
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It looks like this question has everyone beat - any clues to help?
Old 15 Feb 2023, 09:49 (Ref:4143761)   #562
S griffin
Veteran

They've all won a race without doing something.
Old 15 Feb 2023, 10:06 (Ref:4143765)   #563
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Did they win a race when someone who finished ahead of them were disqualified?
Old 15 Feb 2023, 11:02 (Ref:4143774)   #564
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
As steve_r indicated they all won a race without taking the chequered flag first.... either with them having handed their start car to the eventual winner (and thus credited with a joint win) That covers Fagioli, Musso, Brooks, (Fangio for the first two and Moss in the case of Brooks)

The others were all inherited race winners either by dint of those ahead being given time penalties (Lauda) or DSQ in the case of Prost, de Angelis, and Damon Hill
Old 26 Feb 2023, 08:36 (Ref:4144955)   #565
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone got a question?
Old 26 Feb 2023, 08:58 (Ref:4144957)   #566
S griffin
Veteran

What's special about this sequence here:
Jones>Prost>Senna>Schumacher>Button
Old 26 Feb 2023, 10:27 (Ref:4144965)   #567
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
What's special about this sequence here:
Jones>Prost>Senna>Schumacher>Button
I recognise this list.

Jones won Prost's first race (Buenos Aires 1980), Prost won Jones' last (Adelaide 1986).

Prost won Senna's first race (Rio 1984), Senna won Prost's last (Adelaide 1993).

Senna won Schumacher's first race (Spa 1991), Schumacher won Senna's last (Imola 1994).

Schumacher won Button's first race (Melbourne 2000), Button won Schumacher's last (Interlagos 2012).
Old 28 Feb 2023, 10:20 (Ref:4145221)   #568
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Brilliant.
Old 6 Mar 2023, 08:31 (Ref:4145979)   #569
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I recognise this list.

Jones won Prost's first race (Buenos Aires 1980), Prost won Jones' last (Adelaide 1986).

Prost won Senna's first race (Rio 1984), Senna won Prost's last (Adelaide 1993).

Senna won Schumacher's first race (Spa 1991), Schumacher won Senna's last (Imola 1994).

Schumacher won Button's first race (Melbourne 2000), Button won Schumacher's last (Interlagos 2012).
Assuming this was the correct answer, then I think you are up for next question....
Old 6 Mar 2023, 15:31 (Ref:4146073)   #570
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
A list of drivers. What do they represent?

John Watson
Rene Arnoux
Eddie Cheever
Niki Lauda
Keke Rosberg
Stefan Johansson
Ayrton Senna
Nigel Mansell
Jean Alesi
Damon Hill
Old 6 Jul 2023, 15:33 (Ref:4166975)   #571
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bumping this thread back up to the top in hopes of reviving it as I think it has provided a good bit of entertainment and positivity.

Looks like there is an open question from BTCC frog (prior page)!

Richard
Old 10 Jul 2023, 19:22 (Ref:4167804)   #572
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did they all represent the Grand Prix drivers association?
Old 11 Jul 2023, 07:28 (Ref:4167855)   #573
S griffin
Veteran

They are all Prost's team mates
Old 11 Jul 2023, 11:38 (Ref:4167884)   #574
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
I posted in the F1 tv coverage thread, but copied here for the 'quiz' part of the question.

Which current F1 sponsor does this retail space belong to?
Attached Thumbnails
Retail Space.jpg  
Old 11 Jul 2023, 12:22 (Ref:4167890)   #575
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I cheated and figured out the answer, but will let someone figure it out honestly. I did zoom in and see a Mercedes hidden in the background, but I don't think Mercedes is the answer. The real answer is interesting. Especially the path to sponsorship.

Richard