Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 17 Mar 2023, 15:55 (Ref:4147445)   #1
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Petit Le Mans 2023

I know it's early, but since I've now paid for my reserve RV spot and the golf cart rental, I decided to go ahead and start a thread.

Officially it's only 211 days 0 hours and 17 minutes 15 seconds to go!

I hate the waiting. Road Atlanta is my favorite track.

I'll be heading out on Tuesday early and enjoying the quite time of setting up before the circus comes to town. Hot boiled peanuts will begin cooking in the afternoon. Since I'll be in reserved RV near turn 6 I'm going to really get good use of the golf cart rental.
Old 23 Mar 2023, 15:31 (Ref:4148926)   #2
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I always think i have purchased tickets, then go back and look and find out i did not. That is my current status!
Old 23 Mar 2023, 16:30 (Ref:4148934)   #3
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Already have mine for the year and headed to TransAm/SVRA tomorrow morning. 70s and sunny tomorrow, Saturday a bit more iffy in the afternoon. Gotta check out the site and se if I need to grab a bag of clover for post Mitty greening
Old 24 Mar 2023, 12:34 (Ref:4149016)   #4
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just finished paying for the rest of my tickets. Currently have 1 reserved RV at turn 6, 2 4-Day tickets and a golf cart pass. Spoke with Abe and he refunded the $10 service fee because I had to purchase the tickets on two separate occasions due to the regular admission tickets not being available when I purchased the reserved RV ticket. Abe's a really nice guy. Now all I can do is wait... and wait... and wait.
Old 24 Mar 2023, 12:37 (Ref:4149017)   #5
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I always think i have purchased tickets, then go back and look and find out i did not. That is my current status!
The new system can be a bit confusing. Really don't like having to pay a $10 service fee just for the right for them to take my money. Normally I like to spread the cost over time but now, each time you buy a ticket, you have to pay an additional transaction fee.
Old 25 Mar 2023, 14:47 (Ref:4149131)   #6
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Processing costs are out of hand, wife's bakery is up to couple hundred bucks every 60 day cycle for credit cards now. It's a significant portion of the sales number
Old 25 Mar 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4149133)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
My current status is my kid wanting to camp at a race circuit!
Old 25 Mar 2023, 15:22 (Ref:4149135)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Barring any illnesses, weddings or funerals, I'll be there every day but Weds bc nothing happens on Weds anymore....

Bring back Star Mazda or some OW series. Usually the most fun races of the weekend.
Old 25 Mar 2023, 15:32 (Ref:4149137)   #9
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Can't say that any weddings would block me from going. Illnesses would have to be pretty severe. Funerals? I'd have to think about that. Not like they're going anywhere.
Old 26 Mar 2023, 03:22 (Ref:4149188)   #10
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
My current status is my kid wanting to camp at a race circuit!
I am a race fan because my dad took me to camp and see race cars. I can't take my kids to any place within an 8 hour drive because they have to go to school when races are going on. But at the same time, i really enjoy the ability go get away from my family and camp at a race track.
Old 26 Mar 2023, 17:06 (Ref:4149230)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
Can't say that any weddings would block me from going. Illnesses would have to be pretty severe. Funerals? I'd have to think about that. Not like they're going anywhere.
All three have happened to me. Family, one being an infant, all had the stomach bug one year and I had to leave the track to care for them ( the next year was 2009 and I was stuck at the track with a stomach bug). Wife's Uncle passed on a Weds and I was asked to be the pallbearer for a Saturday funeral. Last year, one of my best friends got married in Barcelona the weekend of the race. I chose Barcelona and have no regrets.
Old 26 Mar 2023, 17:08 (Ref:4149232)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I am a race fan because my dad took me to camp and see race cars. I can't take my kids to any place within an 8 hour drive because they have to go to school when races are going on. But at the same time, i really enjoy the ability go get away from my family and camp at a race track.
Correct. My kids have little to no interest. This is dad time!!
Old 27 Mar 2023, 01:16 (Ref:4149308)   #13
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
I spend the week with my wife along with friends I've met at the track and have known for many years now.
Old 27 Mar 2023, 14:11 (Ref:4149376)   #14
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Nothing like meeting up with some dudes you met online in a forum to camp and drink right?
Old 27 Mar 2023, 17:42 (Ref:4149405)   #15
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
All three have happened to me. Family, one being an infant, all had the stomach bug one year and I had to leave the track to care for them ( the next year was 2009 and I was stuck at the track with a stomach bug). Wife's Uncle passed on a Weds and I was asked to be the pallbearer for a Saturday funeral. Last year, one of my best friends got married in Barcelona the weekend of the race. I chose Barcelona and have no regrets.
We have no regrets either, it was an onion feast.
Old 27 Mar 2023, 18:24 (Ref:4149416)   #16
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Nothing like meeting up with some dudes you met online in a forum to camp and drink right?
For years I was a prominent member of a Z-car forum. Still have 3-300ZX Twin Turbos (1990, 90 & 92) and 2-240Zs (1970 and 72) in my coral. One year I invited a bunch of members to the Petit. Most have never been to a road race and never to an endurance race. Let just say that it was an eye-opening event for all who attended. Much eating and drinking involved. Some still attend to this day.

I love sharing Road Atlanta with those willing to come with an open mind and a passion for the sport of sports car racing. It took a couple of years, but I was finally able to get my wife to look forward to the event. Had to buy a motorhome, rent a golf cart and get a reserved RV ticket to get her there, but now she loves it. The France family helped by providing hot water heaters at the bathrooms. Next year I may have to split for the Podium Club tickets.
Old 31 Mar 2023, 19:36 (Ref:4149841)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
We have no regrets either, it was an onion feast.
Missed this nice little jab.

Happy for you and everyone else with bad breath in T4.
Old 1 Apr 2023, 00:35 (Ref:4149856)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And the new oven and decent biscuits this time. Might have to try new things in it
Old 6 Apr 2023, 16:28 (Ref:4150653)   #19
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Still trying to figure out how to get good reliable high-speed internet at the Petit for streaming. I have a 5G phone I can setup as a Wi-Fi hot spot but the data usage may be prohibitive. Can't have enough toys you know.
Old 6 Apr 2023, 18:16 (Ref:4150679)   #20
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
TMobile, well legacy Sprint, unlimited 5G and 80GB hotspot for the win here
Old 12 Apr 2023, 12:28 (Ref:4151213)   #21
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Checked into T-Mobile but, in order to use them, I would have to change my cell phone service to them and then pay for a separate data plan. Still looking for alternative to high-speed internet at the track. I'm currently with Boost Mobile. They have tethered wifi and 5G service at the track but it's about $30/10G, so not such a good deal. Can't gripe about my regular service though. $15/month for unlimited talk and text with 2G data.
Old 18 Apr 2023, 16:44 (Ref:4152121)   #22
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking forward to returning to PLM later this year for first time since 2007 (where did the time go ?).
Old 18 Apr 2023, 17:50 (Ref:4152127)   #23
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Looking forward to returning to PLM later this year for first time since 2007 (where did the time go ?).
Always glad to hear of a Petit lover returning home. Road Atlanta truly is a great track to visit.
Old 22 Apr 2023, 16:35 (Ref:4152501)   #24
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Hoping for weather like this weekend next weekend. Motorcycle weekends there always seem to get beautiful days
Old 22 Apr 2023, 18:13 (Ref:4152509)   #25
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Can't always say the same for the Petit, but any day at the Petit is a good day.