Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Mar 2023, 09:15 (Ref:4148890)   #1876
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A question on all this with Dynamics.
With the deadline for the £10,000 entry deposit being New Year (I'm told) how much is an entry for a car for the year? And when does the balance need to be paid?

And the driver fees. I was told by a Mini driver who looked at the BTCC for this season that they were expected to pay about £25,000 (which would be covered by their sponsors had they the means - which they didn't) But they also said the deadline was mid-March, after which the fees go up by 20%. Is that the case for both teams and driver?

Obviously I wouldn't expect anybody to be daft enough to pay up now if the rises are in effect.
Old 23 Mar 2023, 10:07 (Ref:4148893)   #1877
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
A question on all this with Dynamics.
With the deadline for the £10,000 entry deposit being New Year (I'm told) how much is an entry for a car for the year? And when does the balance need to be paid?

And the driver fees. I was told by a Mini driver who looked at the BTCC for this season that they were expected to pay about £25,000 (which would be covered by their sponsors had they the means - which they didn't) But they also said the deadline was mid-March, after which the fees go up by 20%. Is that the case for both teams and driver?

Obviously I wouldn't expect anybody to be daft enough to pay up now if the rises are in effect.
There are two separate fees.

Entry of the team (which needs to ba accompanied by a TBL) is via 10k deposit. This was in December 21 for the 22 season.

Entry of the driver requires a circa 25k registration fee usually due around March.

AFAIK, there are no further team fees, except for entry to the constructors championship.
Old 23 Mar 2023, 14:32 (Ref:4148922)   #1878
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
There are two separate fees.

Entry of the team (which needs to ba accompanied by a TBL) is via 10k deposit. This was in December 21 for the 22 season.

Entry of the driver requires a circa 25k registration fee usually due around March.

AFAIK, there are no further team fees, except for entry to the constructors championship.
That's interesting. I thought it would have been much more for the team side of things.

Works out about the same per race as TCR (£15k for 15 races.)
Honsetly thought entry fees would be higher in BTCC.
I wonder what the Brit GT registration is?

Thanks for the info.
Old 23 Mar 2023, 15:21 (Ref:4148923)   #1879
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
I wonder what the Brit GT registration is?.
Circa £25k, or £5k per round for race by race entries

BTCC constructors entry is circa £20k per constructor
Old 23 Mar 2023, 15:34 (Ref:4148928)   #1880
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
BTCC constructors entry is circa £20k per constructor
Wow - that's almost doubled from the £10,500 (+vat) for 2022!
Old 23 Mar 2023, 16:14 (Ref:4148930)   #1881
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Wow - that's almost doubled from the £10,500 (+vat) for 2022!
Sorry, that was a typo. I meant circa 10k
Old 23 Mar 2023, 17:00 (Ref:4148935)   #1882
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Sorry, that was a typo. I meant circa 10k
Old 23 Mar 2023, 22:03 (Ref:4148966)   #1883
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure what the other supports are looking like (haven’t seen too much from them over the winter, but then you never really do) but looks like 19 cars so far for F4.
Old 23 Mar 2023, 22:40 (Ref:4148969)   #1884
mphplastering
Rookie

mphplastering should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqJfCRbN...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Whats happening here then
Old 23 Mar 2023, 22:45 (Ref:4148971)   #1885
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphplastering View Post
got his race licence for goodwood next month
that’s why he tagged goodwood
Old 24 Mar 2023, 06:20 (Ref:4148991)   #1886
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a very old photo
Old 24 Mar 2023, 07:14 (Ref:4148994)   #1887
mphplastering
Rookie

mphplastering should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
got his race licence for goodwood next month
that’s why he tagged goodwood
And tagged hondaracingbtcc
Old 24 Mar 2023, 07:17 (Ref:4148995)   #1888
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Not sure what the other supports are looking like (haven’t seen too much from them over the winter, but then you never really do) but looks like 19 cars so far for F4.
From what I've heard/seen, pretty full grids expected for the Mini Challenge and Mini Challenge Trophy. Porsches have been fairly quiet (as usual), but from the announcements I've seen PCCGB should be fairly strong and Sprint Challenge will have some competitive drivers in it (like Max Coates) - their first group test/media day of the year is next week so we should get a sense of numbers then. 20-22 drivers have been testing in F4 recently so I reckon that will probably be the final grid size. In terms of guest series, the Mini Miglias had a very big field at Silverstone last weekend, and I think the Legends series has had lots of interest.
Old 24 Mar 2023, 07:32 (Ref:4148996)   #1889
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
From what I've heard/seen, pretty full grids expected for the Mini Challenge and Mini Challenge Trophy. Porsches have been fairly quiet (as usual), but from the announcements I've seen PCCGB should be fairly strong and Sprint Challenge will have some competitive drivers in it (like Max Coates) - their first group test/media day of the year is next week so we should get a sense of numbers then. 20-22 drivers have been testing in F4 recently so I reckon that will probably be the final grid size. In terms of guest series, the Mini Miglias had a very big field at Silverstone last weekend, and I think the Legends series has had lots of interest.
Legends are off the scale. From what I've seen I think they're oversubscribed by quite a bit already for the BTCC rounds. Not a surprise really though.
Old 24 Mar 2023, 07:57 (Ref:4148997)   #1890
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphplastering View Post
And tagged hondaracingbtcc
I'm not seeing any tags for btcc.

But, he does say 'Roll on @peterauto & @GoodwoodRRC events I can’t wait, exited [sic] for great events with great people & classic cars'

I'm not sure someone can get a link to BTCC from that?
Old 24 Mar 2023, 08:14 (Ref:4149000)   #1891
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not seeing any tags for btcc.
tagged other accounts as being in the photo, not hashtags in the text
@goodwoodmotorcircuit
@hondaracingbtcc
@btcc
@flash_52
@team_dynamics_motorsport
@alpinestars
etc

I take most of that sort of thing as being from the Team Hard school of social media hashtaggery #gamechanger
Old 24 Mar 2023, 08:43 (Ref:4149007)   #1892
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't think there's any hint of Matt coming back to the BTCC

Anyway, good to see the BMW in it's new livery out testing
Old 25 Mar 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4149120)   #1893
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Purely hypothetical musing on Dynamics, no insider info just a marketing brain switching on.

If they were potentially struggling to pull a deal together for 2023, which wouldn’t be surprising in the current climate, then the best way to attract funding/sponsors would be a big name pairing with a bit of a story to it.

A Neal/Plato combo would tick that box. If it were to be sold as the final season for both… Works for Neal/Dynamics to keep the team on the grid and as a last hurrah for Matt.

Gets Plato around the awkwardness potentially of going back on 2022 being his final season. Who would deny the lure of a big finale to really draw a line under the storyline?

Could it even be enough to fund two of the newest Type Rs to the grid?

Pure hypothesis, but I think if they were actually out 110% we would have something official. From a pure media standpoint announcing such a big loss too close to the season opener would threaten to overshadow any positive news.

Announcing two of the most well-known rivals competing together for one last season would be a hell of a story.

Pure hunch. Watch me get proven wrong…
Old 25 Mar 2023, 13:34 (Ref:4149122)   #1894
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Still a month to go and still no sign of Speedworks/Dynamics plans
Old 25 Mar 2023, 14:02 (Ref:4149127)   #1895
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Still a month to go and still no sign of Speedworks/Dynamics plans
Must mean there both not gonna appear or make any announcements between now and media day….?
Old 25 Mar 2023, 14:32 (Ref:4149129)   #1896
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcas87 View Post
Must mean there both not gonna appear or make any announcements between now and media day….?

Hopefully the latter
Old 25 Mar 2023, 19:25 (Ref:4149172)   #1897
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Hopefully the latter
I think it will likely be the latter in the case of Speedworks. They announced a week-or-so ago that they had new investment and an updated management structure that should allow Christian and Amy Dick to focus on their areas of expertise. They also mentioned BTCC and going for the title. Whether its two or three cars I don't know, but I would say they will be there. Maybe an announcement just before media day?
Old 25 Mar 2023, 19:33 (Ref:4149173)   #1898
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Purely hypothetical musing on Dynamics, no insider info just a marketing brain switching on.

If they were potentially struggling to pull a deal together for 2023, which wouldn’t be surprising in the current climate, then the best way to attract funding/sponsors would be a big name pairing with a bit of a story to it.

A Neal/Plato combo would tick that box. If it were to be sold as the final season for both… Works for Neal/Dynamics to keep the team on the grid and as a last hurrah for Matt.

Gets Plato around the awkwardness potentially of going back on 2022 being his final season. Who would deny the lure of a big finale to really draw a line under the storyline?

Could it even be enough to fund two of the newest Type Rs to the grid?

Pure hypothesis, but I think if they were actually out 110% we would have something official. From a pure media standpoint announcing such a big loss too close to the season opener would threaten to overshadow any positive news.

Announcing two of the most well-known rivals competing together for one last season would be a hell of a story.

Pure hunch. Watch me get proven wrong…
All valid and possible. Of course all of the stories are in the Motorsport bubble and not in the big World where the money is….
Old 25 Mar 2023, 22:32 (Ref:4149183)   #1899
S griffin
Veteran

I’m sorry, but I can’t see Matt returning, nor Plato at Dynamics. Purely a wet dream.
Old 26 Mar 2023, 08:54 (Ref:4149198)   #1900
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's more chance of seeing Plato in a factory backed Volvo than a Dynamics Honda.

Will we see him back in a One Honda though...?