Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 23 May 2023, 13:43 (Ref:4157566)   #1
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Racing Point (aka Aston Martin) to Honda?

Hearing that Racing Point has signed with Honda for 2026 on, and this could be announced in Monaco this weekend.

Presumably they'll also continue with the Aston Martin team badging/sponsorship, a la Alfa Romeo of the last few years etc.
Old 23 May 2023, 22:36 (Ref:4157657)   #2
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Why are you referring to it as Racing Point? Is this bait for the pedants? Have you just taken your first victim?
Old 24 May 2023, 03:18 (Ref:4157664)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Isn’t it Jordan Grand Prix? I mean MercedesF1 is still Tyrrell Racing Organisation…

Can the new car be called Aston Martin LaHonda?

(Sorta sounds like Lagonda )
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 May 2023, 05:51 (Ref:4157675)   #4
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done GTR, well done indeed!
Old 24 May 2023, 07:01 (Ref:4157677)   #5
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Isn’t it Jordan Grand Prix? I mean MercedesF1 is still Tyrrell Racing Organisation…

Can the new car be called Aston Martin LaHonda?

(Sorta sounds like Lagonda )
LaHonda is magnificent!

I called it Racing Point because that’s what it really is. Some prefer to think it’s Aston Martin but it’s much more like Sauber/Alfa Romeo in reality.
Old 24 May 2023, 12:51 (Ref:4157730)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unless the board seats of both Sauber and Alfa are held by and/or controlled by the same people then your analogy is flawed.
Old 24 May 2023, 13:03 (Ref:4157732)   #7
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 24 May 2023, 14:28 (Ref:4157741)   #8
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Unless the board seats of both Sauber and Alfa are held by and/or controlled by the same people then your analogy is flawed.
Not true at all.
Old 24 May 2023, 14:51 (Ref:4157745)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Racing Point Limited was renamed AMR GP Limited in January 2021.
Old 24 May 2023, 15:06 (Ref:4157748)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Not true at all.
i would respectfully then ask for you to back up your analogy.

information about shares, specifically publicly traded shares, board seats, the ability to appoint corporate officers etc are all part of the public domain.

should be easy for you to prove that the AM racing team and AM car manu are not related corporations.

but if you are not going to put in that effort, then maybe give it a rest already!
Old 24 May 2023, 22:25 (Ref:4157825)   #11
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i would respectfully then ask for you to back up your analogy.

information about shares, specifically publicly traded shares, board seats, the ability to appoint corporate officers etc are all part of the public domain.

should be easy for you to prove that the AM racing team and AM car manu are not related corporations.

but if you are not going to put in that effort, then maybe give it a rest already!
Maybe see the other thread where somebody else kindly confirmed that Aston Martin Lagonda have no ownership of the F1 team.

I'm not sure why you want to argue. I didn't realise that them not owning the team was ever a secret.
Old 25 May 2023, 06:10 (Ref:4157848)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Stroll and Yuki as drivers in 2026?
Old 25 May 2023, 07:00 (Ref:4157857)   #13
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Maybe see the other thread where somebody else kindly confirmed that Aston Martin Lagonda have no ownership of the F1 team.

I'm not sure why you want to argue. I didn't realise that them not owning the team was ever a secret.
Just a simple question (from a simple person):
What is the official name of the racing team that I (and apparently many others) refer to as Aston Martin?
Old 25 May 2023, 07:24 (Ref:4157859)   #14
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Just a simple question (from a simple person):
What is the official name of the racing team that I (and apparently many others) refer to as Aston Martin?
If you are referring to the entry - 'Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One Team' - https://www.fia.com/events/fia-formu...pionship-entry
If you are referring to the company - 'AMR GP Limited'
Old 25 May 2023, 09:50 (Ref:4157879)   #15
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Old 25 May 2023, 15:01 (Ref:4157936)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This thread comes across as nothing more than a pedantic re-hash of the [Team] Aston Martin Racing in 2023. One of the cars has Alonso, thread.

This is the listing from companies house, for AMR GP LIMITED and it clearly states that RACING POINT UK LIMITED, was the previous company name from 02 Aug 2018 - 06 Jan 2021.

https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/11496673
Old 25 May 2023, 17:18 (Ref:4157958)   #17
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Consider merging into the AM thread?

Richard
Old 25 May 2023, 18:22 (Ref:4157977)   #18
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
This thread comes across as nothing more than a pedantic re-hash of the [Team] Aston Martin Racing in 2023. One of the cars has Alonso, thread.

This is the listing from companies house, for AMR GP LIMITED and it clearly states that RACING POINT UK LIMITED, was the previous company name from 02 Aug 2018 - 06 Jan 2021.

https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/11496673
Thanks. Yes, just a name change. No Aston Martin ownership as I said, which for some reason some don’t like.

This was a new thread about the Honda motors from 2026, from before it was mentioned on the other thread but merging makes sense.
Old 26 May 2023, 01:38 (Ref:4157998)   #19
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
why does everyone keep biting
Old 26 May 2023, 09:52 (Ref:4158027)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Fact is Racing Point don't exist in F1 terms anymore. Anyways Aston is a nicer name. Will be curious to see how far they can get with Honda, especially considering how fickle Honda have been
Old 27 May 2023, 08:12 (Ref:4158139)   #21
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
How tiresome
Racing teams change names, deal with it.
Very few of the current teams have the same name that they started with

Like everyone else they can choose the name by which they wish to be referred.
tip
David Bowie wasnt born with that name, neither was Elton John and many more actors singers and royalty. Do you go round telling every one that you love the new Reggie Dwight album?

Do you still listen to the wireless or gramophone?
Old 27 May 2023, 09:45 (Ref:4158153)   #22
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
How tiresome
Racing teams change names, deal with it.
Very few of the current teams have the same name that they started with

Like everyone else they can choose the name by which they wish to be referred.
tip
David Bowie wasnt born with that name, neither was Elton John and many more actors singers and royalty. Do you go round telling every one that you love the new Reggie Dwight album?

Do you still listen to the wireless or gramophone?
Plenty of people refer to them as Racing Point, or Tracing Point, still. Perhaps sarcastically becuase of the way some of the old team was taken over but not all of it.

Anyway I (semi-jokingly) referred to them as RP here, only because far too many numpties just assume that Aston Martin Lagonda has any ownership when it doesn't at all, and it's a sponsorship arrangement only - not that there is anything wrong with that.

By the way, did you see the last Maurice Micklewhite film?
Old 27 May 2023, 10:28 (Ref:4158165)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Racing Point only lasted two years and the whole Tracing point thing was a joke. Of course the team is pretty similar to what it was then on the inside, but they are not RP anymore. The fact is they have a good partnership with Aston and have a stake in it too. It is Aston Martin on the inside and the outside. It's more than a sponsorship deal, it's got plenty of links to the car company

Anyway, let's just enjoy the fact they are doing well atm despite plenty they've been through
Old 27 May 2023, 11:34 (Ref:4158175)   #24
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I (semi-jokingly) referred to them as RP here, only because far too many numpties...
So trolling basically?
Old 27 May 2023, 12:37 (Ref:4158181)   #25
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The fact is they have a good partnership with Aston and have a stake in it too. It is Aston Martin on the inside and the outside. It's more than a sponsorship deal
No. There’s no stake.

No. It’s a sponsorship deal.

Wishing for a fantasy of otherwise won’t make it true.
Closed Thread