Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 May 2024, 15:00 (Ref:4209990)   #1076
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The issue is they must have and will be throwing money at it, the driver wage bill must be colossal for a start!

Then they have had to redesign it, and in the real world people are starting to realise that maybe electric is a stop gap and holding onto their ICE cars for a bit longer, so they might need to spend all this money on making bio fuel cars work or hydrogen, racing is a luxury especially when to win they basically need a total fresh start as this has only ever been food once and that was in its old spec!!
Old 22 May 2024, 15:59 (Ref:4209998)   #1077
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
In other media (motorsport.com) they are speaking about how they've been treated unfairly with the bop but didn't mention it directly. So they're voicing frustration but skirting the line of mentioning the forbidden word!
Old 22 May 2024, 18:12 (Ref:4210004)   #1078
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Thanks, im always messing it up. Appreciate it.
Old 22 May 2024, 18:14 (Ref:4210005)   #1079
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They could have had a podium earlier this year but ran out of fuel on the last lap, this is BOP posturing to the ACO on the run up to Le Mans, others will join in over the next couple of weeks...........
Old 22 May 2024, 18:38 (Ref:4210009)   #1080
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I honestly don’t understand the BOP at all,(in terms of the decisions made I mean)
Old 23 May 2024, 00:16 (Ref:4210045)   #1081
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
In other media (motorsport.com) they are speaking about how they've been treated unfairly with the bop but didn't mention it directly. So they're voicing frustration but skirting the line of mentioning the forbidden word!
I can’t find that article

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/
Old 23 May 2024, 01:06 (Ref:4210047)   #1082
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...-spa/10610878/
Old 23 May 2024, 01:17 (Ref:4210048)   #1083
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thank you.

Pierre Fillon is quite clear.
Old 23 May 2024, 02:04 (Ref:4210050)   #1084
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Thank you.

Pierre Fillon is quite clear.

Finot acknowledging that the car is a second faster despite being heavier and less powerful but expecting that it should have the same BoP as the last car is quite delusional. I'm sure Fillon is not amused with the "I'm an engineer so I can talk about kilos and kilowatts" comment. LOL
Old 23 May 2024, 07:55 (Ref:4210060)   #1085
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there not a rule saying that for a new car/concept they need to run 2 races to establish the BOP? I am not surprised the Peugeot has a conservative BOP to establish the baseline going forward- and any manufacturer new or developing an updated concept need to embrace this 2 race settling in period

I am expecting for Le Mans they will have a better BOP as they had 2 races under the belt now. But this also sounds a bit like what Porsche did last year in the run up to Le Mans and got ACO to change the BOP figures for le mans so this feels like lobbying to me
Old 23 May 2024, 13:09 (Ref:4210081)   #1086
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
Is there not a rule saying that for a new car/concept they need to run 2 races to establish the BOP? I am not surprised the Peugeot has a conservative BOP to establish the baseline going forward- and any manufacturer new or developing an updated concept need to embrace this 2 race settling in period

I am expecting for Le Mans they will have a better BOP as they had 2 races under the belt now. But this also sounds a bit like what Porsche did last year in the run up to Le Mans and got ACO to change the BOP figures for le mans so this feels like lobbying to me

Exactly!!
Old 23 May 2024, 13:48 (Ref:4210084)   #1087
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
There's no such rule. Unwritten rule maybe.

Last year's situation was more bizarre as the BoP figures for first races and Le Mans were published beforehand and they were supposed to be frozen until after Le Mans. This was agreed between ACO and all OEMs, but that agreement lasted only three rounds and in the following races the whole idea of freezing the figures was seemingly dropped.
Old 24 May 2024, 07:48 (Ref:4210145)   #1088
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
There's no such rule. Unwritten rule maybe.

Last year's situation was more bizarre as the BoP figures for first races and Le Mans were published beforehand and they were supposed to be frozen until after Le Mans. This was agreed between ACO and all OEMs, but that agreement lasted only three rounds and in the following races the whole idea of freezing the figures was seemingly dropped.
Maybe not written but I remember there being a stipulation that they would not allow a car to compete at Le Mans without at least 2 races under their belt in order to establish the performance parameters and the BOP. And if I remember correctly this is one of the reason the Peugeots debuted at Monza and not Le Mans in 2022 because they could not achieve the 2 race BOP process before Le Mans.
Old 24 May 2024, 13:57 (Ref:4210186)   #1089
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
Maybe not written but I remember there being a stipulation that they would not allow a car to compete at Le Mans without at least 2 races under their belt in order to establish the performance parameters and the BOP. And if I remember correctly this is one of the reason the Peugeots debuted at Monza and not Le Mans in 2022 because they could not achieve the 2 race BOP process before Le Mans.
Yes, but shouldn't be called a rule when it is not in the rulebook. Entries to WEC/LM are up to ACO to accept anyway so in a way there is no need for this to be a written rule.
Old 5 Jun 2024, 16:14 (Ref:4211948)   #1090
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At last, a better BoP for Peugeot at Le Mans
Old 8 Jun 2024, 13:04 (Ref:4212376)   #1091
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Confidence in the new Peugeot: https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/...ing-stage.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Eric Vergne
Overall, it’s not a massive change to manage for the driver. (In fact) the car is better balanced with bigger rear wheels and smaller front wheels. It is also more stable in fast corners and faster in the straights. We were experiencing excessive drag last year, top speed was (really) something we were lacking.
Old car sounds rubbish!
Old 8 Jun 2024, 15:55 (Ref:4212407)   #1092
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Confidence in the new Peugeot: https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/...ing-stage.html

Old car sounds rubbish!
It looked the bees knees though......
Old 9 Jun 2024, 04:07 (Ref:4212480)   #1093
TF110
Veteran

United States
i liked the color scheme better than the new one. But I do prefer the winged version slightly. It still looks the most unique of the field.
Old 9 Jun 2024, 07:03 (Ref:4212491)   #1094
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car has always looked fabulous to me, I prefer the silver car, this modern thing looks too arty and picky, I love cars that are different, always have, but it needs to start doing well or they will pull the plug. It must have cost tens of millions to redevelop the thing, something no-one else has had to do.
Old 10 Jun 2024, 15:10 (Ref:4212864)   #1095
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As many of us were saying last year, that the extreme ground effects they designed were a bad idea. It just proved us right, race after race, as the slightest change in racing surfaces would upset the handling and performance of the 9x8. Now, with a more conventional underbody and rear wing/control surfaces, it's more stable and easier to drive, along with the staggered wheel/tire setup. The final piece to this was to dial in the overall weight, and thanks to the BoP Team Peugeot may have just what they needed.
Old 10 Jun 2024, 17:13 (Ref:4212892)   #1096
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
As many of us were saying last year, that the extreme ground effects they designed were a bad idea. It just proved us right, race after race, as the slightest change in racing surfaces would upset the handling and performance of the 9x8. Now, with a more conventional underbody and rear wing/control surfaces, it's more stable and easier to drive, along with the staggered wheel/tire setup. The final piece to this was to dial in the overall weight, and thanks to the BoP Team Peugeot may have just what they needed.
We are amazing. I’ve always said that they should have employed us instead of their designers. But no they leave us on this Internet forum. Le idiots.
Old 10 Jun 2024, 22:58 (Ref:4212957)   #1097
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very fast on the straights at Le Mans during the test day.

Old 11 Jun 2024, 14:42 (Ref:4213016)   #1098
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
May be they target the headlines with a slightly different gearing. They need to do something during this week, many back pages have been bought by PR people.
Old 13 Jun 2024, 17:21 (Ref:4213456)   #1099
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm guessing Peugeot is hoping their new car excels in changing race conditions as their car did last season....
Old 13 Jun 2024, 17:56 (Ref:4213474)   #1100
Plex
Rookie

Plex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.media.stellantis.com/em-...-in-qualifying

Interesting . Guessing reliability might be the key .