Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2024, 20:15 (Ref:4210463)   #1
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Passing in the pits would just have offered the illusion of racing here.

Like Ham was saying to his team that no one told him that outlaps were important?!

after this many years racing here he needs to be told that?

But he wasn’t the only one out there not wearing his racing helmet today.

The overly conservative level of race strategies from almost all teams…not taking free stops, Re starting both their drivers on the same tires, and then for those that did stop (aside from Stroll i believe) opting to run another set of hards to the flag was frankly a bit disrespectful imo.

What’s the point of the ‘challenge’ of Monaco if no one wants to rise to the level of that challenge?
Old 26 May 2024, 20:24 (Ref:4210465)   #2
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Like Ham was saying to his team that no one told him that outlaps were important?!

after this many years racing here he needs to be told that?
It’s normal for the drivers to forgo a second or two to bring the tyres in, which they’ll more than get back later - unless there’s a direct position change chance/risk.

They should have told him.
Old 26 May 2024, 20:34 (Ref:4210470)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
It’s normal for the drivers to forgo a second or two to bring the tyres in, which they’ll more than get back later - unless there’s a direct position change chance/risk.

They should have told him.
Sure…but not really my point. Or maybe it highlights my point.

At least for today, the fans desire to see a competitive event was not matched by those carrying out the event. This will of course happen from time to time so it’s not an accusation nor a post about how F1 is now dead to me now.

Just me saying that no one really seemed to be about racing today…had Merc been then perhaps they would have told Ham to work the undercut.
Old 26 May 2024, 20:42 (Ref:4210474)   #4
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Sure…but not really my point. Or maybe it highlights my point.

At least for today, the fans desire to see a competitive event was not matched by those carrying out the event. This will of course happen from time to time so it’s not an accusation nor a post about how F1 is now dead to me now.

Just me saying that no one really seemed to be about racing today…had Merc been then perhaps they would have told Ham to work the undercut.
Hamilton was always the one to trigger. Because Merc didn’t box Russell it stopped. If he had boxed, then all of the top four would have in reverse order.