Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2024, 18:37 (Ref:4210442)   #26
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Made it to the red flag, you want KMags to let a slow idiot who hit 2 other cars block him?? Fk that, get your ass out of the way Perez, you hit the Sauber, blocked Nico and then drove Kevin to the wall. You deserved it and a complete JOKE
Old 26 May 2024, 19:19 (Ref:4210448)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Any chance of a good race ruined by the fact that cars did not have to stop for tyres, if that race does not get the FIA to make a change and make monaco a stand alone race nothing ever will.
Old 26 May 2024, 19:37 (Ref:4210457)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Any chance of a good race ruined by the fact that cars did not have to stop for tyres, if that race does not get the FIA to make a change and make monaco a stand alone race nothing ever will.
Agreed. A pit stop for all of the cars was the only thing that might have enlivened the most dull excuse for a GP that Monaco has ever produced IMO.
Old 26 May 2024, 20:03 (Ref:4210459)   #29
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was not a race, it was traffic. F1 fans deserve to see better action than this.
Old 26 May 2024, 20:15 (Ref:4210463)   #30
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Passing in the pits would just have offered the illusion of racing here.

Like Ham was saying to his team that no one told him that outlaps were important?!

after this many years racing here he needs to be told that?

But he wasn’t the only one out there not wearing his racing helmet today.

The overly conservative level of race strategies from almost all teams…not taking free stops, Re starting both their drivers on the same tires, and then for those that did stop (aside from Stroll i believe) opting to run another set of hards to the flag was frankly a bit disrespectful imo.

What’s the point of the ‘challenge’ of Monaco if no one wants to rise to the level of that challenge?
Old 26 May 2024, 20:24 (Ref:4210465)   #31
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Like Ham was saying to his team that no one told him that outlaps were important?!

after this many years racing here he needs to be told that?
It’s normal for the drivers to forgo a second or two to bring the tyres in, which they’ll more than get back later - unless there’s a direct position change chance/risk.

They should have told him.
Old 26 May 2024, 20:34 (Ref:4210470)   #32
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
It’s normal for the drivers to forgo a second or two to bring the tyres in, which they’ll more than get back later - unless there’s a direct position change chance/risk.

They should have told him.
Sure…but not really my point. Or maybe it highlights my point.

At least for today, the fans desire to see a competitive event was not matched by those carrying out the event. This will of course happen from time to time so it’s not an accusation nor a post about how F1 is now dead to me now.

Just me saying that no one really seemed to be about racing today…had Merc been then perhaps they would have told Ham to work the undercut.
Old 26 May 2024, 20:42 (Ref:4210474)   #33
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Sure…but not really my point. Or maybe it highlights my point.

At least for today, the fans desire to see a competitive event was not matched by those carrying out the event. This will of course happen from time to time so it’s not an accusation nor a post about how F1 is now dead to me now.

Just me saying that no one really seemed to be about racing today…had Merc been then perhaps they would have told Ham to work the undercut.
Hamilton was always the one to trigger. Because Merc didn’t box Russell it stopped. If he had boxed, then all of the top four would have in reverse order.
Old 26 May 2024, 20:51 (Ref:4210484)   #34
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Snoreathon...

Sent from my SM-T736B using Tapatalk
Old 26 May 2024, 21:08 (Ref:4210497)   #35
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the award for best radio message of the year goes to Verstappen!

“F**K ME THIS IS BORING, SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT MY PILLOW”
Old 26 May 2024, 22:48 (Ref:4210577)   #36
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Well, it was no Monaco 1992.
Old 27 May 2024, 04:18 (Ref:4210637)   #37
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Maybe Monaco needs a completely different format!

Simpler, smaller car, race is actually over two 100 mile heats, one on Saturday one on Sunday. No refueling or need to change tires. Just all out racing and each half race can get half points.
One race Saturday after morning qualifying, second race on Sunday is started reverse of finishing order from Saturday.

Points awarded for each race 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

If the current cars are like driving trucks around your back yard pathway then we need a different car that is more suitable for purpose.
Old 27 May 2024, 04:23 (Ref:4210639)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Has thier ever been a race? where the top ten positions never changed from quali to final after a full rave of 78 laps
Old 27 May 2024, 05:29 (Ref:4210642)   #39
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was more action on the water than of the race.

Have F1 outgrown this circuit?

I thought KMag might have received a next race suspension. Nothing to see here they said.............play on
Old 27 May 2024, 06:12 (Ref:4210645)   #40
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder if someone can quote a single seater race at Monaco within the last 20 years in the dry that has actually been “good”?

For me, any race at Monaco is going to struggle to produce passing unless you stick on there a bunch of Clio Cup cars or some 1950s sports cars etc.
Old 27 May 2024, 07:15 (Ref:4210649)   #41
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I wonder if someone can quote a single seater race at Monaco within the last 20 years in the dry that has actually been “good”?

For me, any race at Monaco is going to struggle to produce passing unless you stick on there a bunch of Clio Cup cars or some 1950s sports cars etc.

Not able to quote the actual years this has happened, but how about some of the Monaco Historic meetings; even the F1s.
Old 27 May 2024, 07:23 (Ref:4210650)   #42
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Not able to quote the actual years this has happened, but how about some of the Monaco Historic meetings; even the F1s.
Well that’s kinda my point, you put different cars on the same track and you can have great racing, Minis, Fiestas, Clios, historic F1.

Is the Porsche Supercup still part of the schedule for Monaco? How did that go?
Old 27 May 2024, 08:59 (Ref:4210669)   #43
Rusty Nail
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
Rusty Nail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Maybe Monaco needs a completely different format!

Simpler, smaller car, race is actually over two 100 mile heats, one on Saturday one on Sunday. No refueling or need to change tires. Just all out racing and each half race can get half points.
One race Saturday after morning qualifying, second race on Sunday is started reverse of finishing order from Saturday.

Points awarded for each race 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

If the current cars are like driving trucks around your back yard pathway then we need a different car that is more suitable for purpose.
I really love that idea, but why just for Monaco? That's what the whole damn series needs....
Old 27 May 2024, 09:40 (Ref:4210678)   #44
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The race was so bad, only qually and the crashes are worthy of comment:

Qualifying was intense and brilliant to watch on TV. It delivers a big hint on how the GP should be run in the future.

Sainz poked his nose up the inside of Piastri at St Devote. Good for him, but Oscar was having none of it. There was a slight touch and for the short-term Carlos got the worst of it, though Oscar may have suffered too if the race had continued. Carlos was very lucky.

I definitely saw the Perez/Magnussen shunt as a 50-50. Given his record, people will look at Magnussen first, but he got an overlap on Perez and was entitled to space. If Checo had been aware of everything around him, he could have stayed a little bit left and all would have been well. As usual in his interview, Checo's woes were entirely someone else's fault.

Alpine have now taken over from Haas as the kings of intra-team collisions. I reckon those two drivers will have had their heads banged together in the briefing room after the race. I was surprised Ocon got a penalty from the stewards though, especially after the Perez/Magnussen crash was passed off as a no-blame incident. For me, Ocon pulled a nice opportunistic move and by the time they were past the apex the move was 75% done. Gasly should have given room.

Last edited by TrapezeArtist; 27 May 2024 at 09:40. Reason: Typo, or auto-correct.
Old 27 May 2024, 11:37 (Ref:4210691)   #45
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
I think Albon should get some credit his P8 finish in what is an overweight and underdeveloped car.
Old 27 May 2024, 15:11 (Ref:4210714)   #46
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I think that Perez was at no fault, and Magnussen should have been penalized.
Old 27 May 2024, 16:47 (Ref:4210721)   #47
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Totally agree. Could have much worse. Perez lucky to walk away without any injuries.
Old 27 May 2024, 19:42 (Ref:4210727)   #48
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I disagree. Having watched both of the in car videos, I'd assign slightly more responsibility to Perez as he clearly spent time looking in the right side mirror yet still closed the gap. Cars ahead of him managed to take the centre line perfectly successfully, but he insisted on closing the door.

If I had to I'd apportion 60/40 to Checo. Lap 1, everyone knows you can't win the race there.
Old 27 May 2024, 22:18 (Ref:4210733)   #49
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Nail View Post
I really love that idea, but why just for Monaco? That's what the whole damn series needs....
The whole series?
Wouldn't work, too many vested interests.

But I saw a pic if Jim Clark opposite locking his Lotus 33 Climax 2,0 onhis way to pole at Monaco in 1966 and thought could this work?

The 1967-72 F2 cars were 1600cc FVA powered, faster than the previous F1 cars but simple to build and even today could be done at a relatively low cost.
Certainly, a lot lower than the cost to RBR and Haas.
The cost of 20 cars would be lower than fixing KMag's Haas or Checo's RB20.

So build 20 BT23C F2 chassis with FT200 and a production based 16 valve DOHC fuel injected 4 cylinder (235hp) and each team can have two cars and Monaco can be a special 'F1 GP event' with cars far more suited to it's 2.074 mile layout....

Two 45 lap (93.3 miles) heats with roughly half points per heat (hence the 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1) Plus a point for fastest lap in each race....
What if one of the regular drivers didn't want to do it?
Substitute a team reserve driver....

It would give the whole meeting a unique flavor and certainly spice up the driver market if some of the regulars were willing to give up their seats for a reserve....

Back in the day F1 drivers raced these cars and Rindt was magical in one.
They would be fantastic around Monaco and the races would have people on their feet.
No wings, no aero at all, no fuel stops no tyre changes.

And we would have a much better picture of who the really good drivers were....
Old 27 May 2024, 22:49 (Ref:4210734)   #50
Rusty Nail
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
Rusty Nail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
The whole series?
Wouldn't work, too many vested interests.

So build 20 BT23C F2 chassis with FT200 and a production based 16 valve DOHC fuel injected 4 cylinder (235hp) and each team can have two cars and Monaco can be a special 'F1 GP event' with cars far more suited to it's 2.074 mile layout....
BT23C?
Wouldn't work, the FIA and other vested interests would never agree to a spaceframe car in anything other than the junior formulae. Think Formula Ford etc.

Mind you it's a great idea, but these days H & S kills all sorts of enterprise, not just in motorsport but in life in general.

WRT FF some of the best racing I watch is FF. How about a world championship for FF as an undercard to F1?

I know, I know, will never work, too many vested interests...

So we're stuffed, we just have to put up with what we've got or switch off...

No amount of great ideas or pontificating on here will make one iota of difference.