Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 May 2024, 13:10 (Ref:4210703)   #1
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Cars, tyres, aero, the whole thing needs root and branch change really.

I did not see any of the support stuff, was that any better?

Pirelli seem utterly obsessed with massive degradation of tyres, their tyres have this year been introduced to the smaller MotoGP classes and tyre wear has now become a thing even in the smallest 250cc class.

This is no bad thing overall as it teaches riders about this skill, but for years we had Dunlops that hardly ever wore our but were clearly a bit hard! Yesterday we had guys 5 secs a lap off the pace after going too hard, not usually a thing in smaller lower power categories in bike racing, I simply think Pirelli make tyres that are fast but way too soft. Yes the riders fault, but not a great look.

The cars are huge, too long and too wide, this needs a massive change. And for me somehow the track needs to be longer.

AS someone said earlier, this event is not about F1 or racing, it is about being seen, as a lot of F1 is these days, this is clearly what Liberty want too, as you can see by the placement of the cameras in flats and apartments, and the endless tirade every race of pointless people who are being paid to be there who the majority of F1 fans have zero interest in. I actually find it rather in your face wealth flashing, but again that is what these kind of people often want to do.