Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 17 Aug 2024, 13:37 (Ref:4222950)   #1
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter Procter 1930- 2024

Here is one that not many people will have heard of . But he was an amazing man .https://www.motorpunk.co.uk/articles...-people-sport/
Cycling , motor rallying and circuit racing , an amazing career.
Old 19 Aug 2024, 15:08 (Ref:4223146)   #2
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to hear this news. I well remember a photo in one of the newspapers, the Daily Express, I think, showing him kneeling behind his Ford Anglia with his clothing alight. He was facing in to the wind so the flames were being blown behind him. Although he was badly burned I think his quick thinking (along with those brave enough to get close to him with fire extinguishers) probably saved his life that day.
Old 19 Aug 2024, 19:43 (Ref:4223164)   #3
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Sorry to hear this news. I well remember a photo in one of the newspapers, the Daily Express, I think, showing him kneeling behind his Ford Anglia with his clothing alight. He was facing in to the wind so the flames were being blown behind him. Although he was badly burned I think his quick thinking (along with those brave enough to get close to him with fire extinguishers) probably saved his life that day.
Indeed, and following on from that fiery accident Peter ultimately turned to promoting fire retardant drivers race suits

A bit more info on Peter here posted a few months ago: https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=159