Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 23 Aug 2024, 21:31 (Ref:4223560)   #76
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If we don't get decent rain soon it's gonna be a dusty dusty dry mess. Which means we'll get 6' of rain and a mud pit of course
Old 23 Aug 2024, 23:06 (Ref:4223568)   #77
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The one thing you can guarantee about the Petit is... There's no guarantee of anything.

Rain or shine it will still be a great time.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 16:10 (Ref:4224193)   #78
JohnBoyFL
Rookie

United States
JohnBoyFL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just wanted to share a bit of info I found in the Camper Packet PDF in case it helps anyone:
https://d2sfpzmw5wlczb.cloudfront.ne...erved-2024.pdf

"Where can I purchase Ice?
Ice can be purchased at the Paddock Grill or at the Bar at the top of Spectator Hill."

So it looks like we should be able to purchase ice if we need some. (still going to try to bring enough with us though)
Old 29 Aug 2024, 03:12 (Ref:4224243)   #79
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyFL View Post
Thanks again in advance!
Just outta curiosity what part of FL are ya coming from? We're driving up from jacksonville on Friday
Old 29 Aug 2024, 16:24 (Ref:4224301)   #80
JohnBoyFL
Rookie

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
Just outta curiosity what part of FL are ya coming from? We're driving up from jacksonville on Friday
We are coming from the panhandle, so from the opposite end of FL, but it looks like drive time is probably about the same for us both.

Also, I had tried to call the track about the parking question, and the person on the phone said she thought there were people who had done that last year but she needed to transfer me to someone who could give me the definitive answer. I had to leave a voicemail and didn't receive a call back, so I emailed them--and they replied pretty quickly. Here is their response:

"The free day parking area is not meant for overnight parking or any car that is left unattended overnight."

My personal take on that is that they didn't say it's prohibited. I can understand why they wouldn't necessarily encourage people to do that (for security/laiblity reasons), but it doesn't sound like they would take action against someone who does leave their vehicle there overnight.
Old 29 Aug 2024, 16:31 (Ref:4224302)   #81
JohnBoyFL
Rookie

United States
Also, not sure what happened but I tried to make another post a couple of days ago regarding ice availability, but it said it needed to be approved by a moderator (maybe because there was a link to a PDF in the post?).

The short version is I that I found a PDF document for campers on the website and it says:

"Where can I purchase Ice?
Ice can be purchased at the Paddock Grill or at the Bar at the top of Spectator Hill."

So it looks like ice is available for those who might need it. (but I'm going to try to bring enough to begin with) Just thought that might possibly help someone.
Old 29 Aug 2024, 17:37 (Ref:4224306)   #82
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Found that post and approved it. Sorry we didn’t notice before.
Old 29 Aug 2024, 23:35 (Ref:4224351)   #83
JohnBoyFL
Rookie

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Found that post and approved it. Sorry we didn’t notice before.
All good! For some reason I thought more time had passed than actually had. Didn't realize it had only been a day or less.
Old 30 Aug 2024, 02:18 (Ref:4224368)   #84
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We always routinely go to the Ingles during the week for various things anyway. They have ice and it's a lot cheaper than anything at the track.
Old 30 Aug 2024, 23:55 (Ref:4224509)   #85
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just plan to pack enough to be drunk and stay until Sunday, last couple years I've had ice left in both coolers Sunday morning, less in the beer cooler. But I use purple ice blocks that freeze at -5 I believe and they are meant as dry ice replacement. Plus big ass coolers but they're heavy AF
Old 31 Aug 2024, 00:24 (Ref:4224514)   #86
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
Only good thing about not coming till Friday is no worries about ice, parking has gotten so bad I'm not leaving the track unless I absolutely have to. Actually if yall need me to bring any let me know, I don't mind stopping at the gas station for some on my way in.
Old 31 Aug 2024, 00:54 (Ref:4224516)   #87
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
Only good thing about not coming till Friday is no worries about ice, parking has gotten so bad I'm not leaving the track unless I absolutely have to. Actually if yall need me to bring any let me know, I don't mind stopping at the gas station for some on my way in.
The Chevron?

Parking is no issue for me. I have a good 15 feet of open space behind the motorhome. Enough room for the van and the golf cart.

I'm still planning to bring a couple of 2.5 gal kegs of home brew and maybe a keg of some prime stuff I'll pick up at the growler store. Any suggestions on the type of brew people would like?
Old 31 Aug 2024, 01:21 (Ref:4224519)   #88
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Ohh! Forgot the Bourbon I'll be bringing as well.
Old 31 Aug 2024, 11:42 (Ref:4224543)   #89
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
The Chevron?

Parking is no issue for me. I have a good 15 feet of open space behind the motorhome. Enough room for the van and the golf cart.

I'm still planning to bring a couple of 2.5 gal kegs of home brew and maybe a keg of some prime stuff I'll pick up at the growler store. Any suggestions on the type of brew people would like?
Haha can I stash my car there if there's no parking by turn 5? I'm hoping I can use the paid parking area with my camping pass.
Ice wise there's a Racetrac right off 85 I usually stop at for any final purchases, it's all of maybe 3 miles from the track. Other then my gumbo i won't have much in the cooler so I'll have plenty of room for extra ice
Old 1 Sep 2024, 00:08 (Ref:4224665)   #90
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
You might want to pick up a parking pass just to make sure. Don't think that a camping pass would cut it for infield parking outside the camping area.

By the time I've parked my 36' RV a 15-passenger van and a golf cart, there's not really much room left over in our space. If there's a critical situation, we'd try to make room.

Last edited by JT240Z; 1 Sep 2024 at 00:34.
Old 1 Sep 2024, 11:54 (Ref:4224698)   #91
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

Bummer! Hate that we'll miss you! And I hope the wedding is at some place cool, like La Sagrada de Familia in Barcelona and the reception is a "some castle" in Catalunya. I won't take much less as an excuse.
It won’t be that posh, but I am super looking forward to it.
Quote:
Maybe I should get my ticket soon.
Old 10 Sep 2024, 17:44 (Ref:4226027)   #92
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
Is that open for bourbon donations and/or boil additions? Just let me know what time on Friday you're talking about. You can PM me if you wish. Would love to have my wife and I meet some new people this year. Seems like we've been attending the Petit for over 2 decades but haven't really meet anyone new for years.
Yes. Bring a bottle of Bourbon. That's the price of admission for the tasting.
I'm not sure what time, but it will certainly be after dark. We get a good crowd of team members from RLL and Aston Martin Racing to join and play hammerschlagen with us.
In the attached picture, the red box is where our RV spots are. That's food and drink. The blue blob is where our viewing location is. All those ez ups along the fence belong to our group and are for anyone to sit and watch. It's a great spot for viewing.
Attached Thumbnails
RVspots.JPG  
Old 10 Sep 2024, 19:18 (Ref:4226038)   #93
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
OK then, the wife and I will show up some time on Friday night with bottle in hand.
Old 10 Sep 2024, 23:16 (Ref:4226056)   #94
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Now the only thing left is to decide which bottle to bring.
Old Today, 02:29 (Ref:4226449)   #95
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Less than a month away. At some point going to have to start planning things.
Old Today, 14:40 (Ref:4226525)   #96
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Been planning for the Petit for over a month now. Tickets all purchased, golf cart rental paid for, RV getting cleaned, ordering Hotspot data and SAT service, changed oil in Generator, ordering peanuts to boil and planning on daily menu. I like making a big deal out of the Petit. I know, a bit of overkill but I'm having fun with it.
Old Today, 14:58 (Ref:4226531)   #97
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Ticket email went out this week for me, not sure how they're releasing them if you're just a regular plebe instead of hard card holder
Old Today, 15:17 (Ref:4226534)   #98
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
If things go the same as last year, I had to go to will-call and redeem my printed tickets for the real deal tickets for everything. Reserved RV, 4-day tickets, Golf cart pass. Last year I screwed up and drove directly to the gate but was denied entry until I went back to will call and received the official tickets. Made for a mess at the gate and at will-call with motorhomes backed up and driving in circles on Tues.
Old Today, 15:49 (Ref:4226535)   #99
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Ticket email went out this week for me, not sure how they're releasing them if you're just a regular plebe instead of hard card holder
I just assume my ticket is in my digital wallet. It is all kind of magic to me....
Old Today, 16:33 (Ref:4226543)   #100
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I just assume my ticket is in my digital wallet. It is all kind of magic to me....
I normally embrace technology, but I always print out my tickets just in case. Something about the thought of not being able to get in because my battery died on my phone or I can't find the link, just doesn't settle well with me.