Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Jan 2001, 18:08 (Ref:55973)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
How did that person get that Cleland sample of him F****ing and blinding?

My Dad has a scanner radio can that pick up the pit radios?
Old 3 Jan 2001, 18:37 (Ref:55981)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Yes.
Old 3 Jan 2001, 21:08 (Ref:56025)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
?

How did you get that sound?

Do you know the frequencies of the teams?
Old 4 Jan 2001, 17:03 (Ref:56034)   #4
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
apguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
>How did you get that sound?

A scanner is a big radio. It only produces sound :-)

>Do you know the frequencies of the teams?

Nope. That's what a scanner does, it scans the airwaves looking for broadcasts. I'd ask your father how to use his scanner......

Cheers
Old 4 Jan 2001, 18:14 (Ref:56043)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Yes Ha Ha

yes i know how to use a scanner thank you very much, i took it to the 2000 BGP to try and pick up pit radios, only to find out later that the pit radio's very scrambled digitally so there was no way you could pick them up :-)

i was only asking if the pit radios used in BTCC were analogue and unscrambled.

Q) do you know the teams frequencies?
You don't hace to scan every time looking for a frequency, there is a site somewhere which lists the radio frequencies for all the CART teams, so there!
Old 5 Jan 2001, 01:52 (Ref:56162)   #6
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australias V8 Supercars have started providing a full list of frequencies on their webpage for most of the teams before each round.

Even though I don't own a scanner I thought this was a pretty cool idea.

I enjoyed watching the Aussie round of the Indy Cars last year live on TV and listening to Paul Tracy's pit radio live through the internet of course as I wasn't there. Very interesting to just hear what they are talking about.

Good luck in your quest for BTCC frequencies guys.
Old 5 Jan 2001, 02:11 (Ref:56165)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also here down under, they have started to put the radio conversations on the TV, whihc can be interesting...
Old 5 Jan 2001, 09:45 (Ref:56204)   #8
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At this year's Gold Coast Indy, I was wearing two headsets, neither easy nor comfortable, I can assure you. One was tuned to CAMS race control and the other tuned to CART race control. They both do the same jobs, but in a rather different way.
Old 5 Jan 2001, 10:31 (Ref:56214)   #9
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
apguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
>i was only asking if the pit radios used in BTCC were >analogue and unscrambled.

Okay-dokay, the regs mention nothing about scrambling, and specifically mention that the BHP (the TV company) are allowed to broadcast the pit-car messages.

>You don't hace to scan every time looking for a frequency, >there is a site somewhere which lists the radio frequencies >for all the CART teams, so there!

Oooh a sticky-out tongue kind of answer :-)
Well your question wasn't about CART, it's about BTCC and the regs don't specify radio frequencies so it will be a case of trial and error to locate each teams frequency and then you will have to assume that they don't change it from race to race. So my original answer of 'Nope' was correct.

HTH
Old 5 Jan 2001, 10:36 (Ref:56215)   #10
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Buckshot,

I went to the Gold Coast race but took my wife and not even a transistor radio. Although many would question my priorities - the Indycarnival has a new supporter - and I'll get to go again this year. But, you chose the best car to listen too. Imagine the stuff coming out of Paul's mouth as he went crazy around the circuit only to fail..

This year, no scanner but the delights of a seat with TV close to the track. Am organising the crew now.
Old 5 Jan 2001, 12:13 (Ref:56235)   #11
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moff, if you're spectating i strongly recommend staying inside the track. Not only do you not have to travel, but you get reserved seating with fridge, TV and toilets close by, way better than any GA or grandstand seat!
Old 5 Jan 2001, 16:36 (Ref:56292)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
There are a number of websites which list all manner of radio frequencies around the world, and some which are specific to the UK - use a search engine to locate them. Alternatively there is an excellent book called 'Scanners 3' which is available from places such as Nevada or (if you can find one) Tandy. The only problem being is that these were printed a few years agao and the freqs may have changed.

Failing all that there is a piece of kit avaiable - known as a 'sniffer' - which scans the airwaves for radio signals and stores the strongest signals for closer inspection with your scanner. I always wanted one of those, but never quite managed to pick one up in the end.
Old 5 Jan 2001, 17:09 (Ref:56294)   #13
robert2000
Racer

England
Cambridge, UK
robert2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the teams had any sense then they would use spread-spectrum where the team's transmitters and receivers change frequency in sync.
Old 5 Jan 2001, 19:53 (Ref:56329)   #14
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Larsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are about sneaking into the garage and hide inside the car. You get to hear all the words spoken by the driver. JUST AN IDEA!