Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jul 2003, 18:17 (Ref:648710)   #76
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark swallow some pride will you and applaud a grat piece of motor racing. All of us JPM fans (and for the record I hate it that you feel the need to put us all into one all encompassing group), apart from boots, have said that Ralf did the better job last weekend. Labeling a piece of classy racing "dumber than dumb" displays bias beyhond belief and an apparent inability to understand what racing is. For the love of god don't ever watch a race from the pre ninties, all the 'dumber than dumb' overtaking will probably give you a heart attack.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 11:18 (Ref:649452)   #77
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't think it was great motor racing far from it but I will say jpm drove a solid race nothing more .
and you know from my past threads I rate both drives equally
Old 2 Jul 2003, 11:26 (Ref:649465)   #78
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I forget Mark, you enjoy watching cars follow each other in a line . What ever turns you on I guess.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 11:41 (Ref:649484)   #79
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
better that than watching no cars finish .

anyway Damon this all started with the fact that some just can not say good job Ralf . without a BUT jpm was this or that and THEN the whole "best move in the world started "
When jpm drives a great race I do commend it without a Ralf this or that
as I said equal both sides in talent I can admit that.
can you .
but as you know I will not stand and watch a driver bashing when it is not called for and Ralf cops it by "the mob " for no reason
Yes many of "the mob " have said well done /good job & drive of the weekend etc and then in the same breath say jpm was the drive of the day . how hard is it to say flat out

top drive Ralf well done .
Old 2 Jul 2003, 11:58 (Ref:649499)   #80
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I was not one of the ones that said JPM did a better job. In fact I said quite the contrary. Also at no point have I mentioned that the pass was the "best move in the world". You on the other hand have still yet to commend JPM far his great drive at Monaco and are at this minute down playing an equally good drive by him this weekend. Your comments are highly hypocritical.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 12:14 (Ref:649526)   #81
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
No ! I've said and well say again here and now jpm drove a solid race on the weekend .
And as for Monaco IF I haven't which I'am sure I did I'll go on record to jpm drove a clean hard drive to a good win.
no I don't think I've been hypocritical at all
Old 2 Jul 2003, 12:39 (Ref:649565)   #82
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mark, no one is 'bashing' Ralf. We've all acknowledged one of the best weekends of his career. I certainly hope he can carry on being a credible threat at the front, depsite the difficult circumstances in his private life recently. hwoever, I find it strange that you can't appreciate Montoya's overtaking move which brightened up that part of the race and led tot he real controversy of the race, as well as Michael crediting a superb driver.

I'm a Montoya fan, I'll admit that. I like the guy's brash, aggressive, gung-ho style on and off track, and would rather see a field of 20 Montoyas than 20 Ralfs, but I'll accept that Ralf and Montoya are current very close in ability. Sometimes Montoya's on form but Ralf isn't ( such as Austria), sometimes Ralf is but Montoya isn't (such as Spain), sometimes both are (Nurburgring), and sometimes both aren't quite on the top level of form (Canada).

Canada's a good example of the difference among the fanbases actually - I and most of the other Montoya fans accepted that he was off form, but most of the Ralf people seemed extreemly impressed by an underwhelming showing where he shouldn't've lost the lead, let alone failed to get it back.

And Damon, I have to correct you, I said that Ralf did the better job over the weekend. I merely feel that Juan did the better job purely on Sunday.

Last edited by BootsOntheSide; 2 Jul 2003 at 12:40.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 12:52 (Ref:649591)   #83
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
While Canada should stay out of this I see our point