Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Nov 2003, 13:29 (Ref:773797)   #26
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by observer
I volunteered yesterday but now I know there's only five races, I may stay in bed!
I'll be there......it's a blummin' long wait after that isn't it?
Old 5 Nov 2003, 16:21 (Ref:773962)   #27
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by johnw
Sadly, just heard that they have cancelled our BMW race due to lack of entries.
However, I shall be there to meet you guys and girls and learn something about marshaling.
Should be bringing at least one driver with me and will probably stay up on Saturday night, so maybe a chance of a tincture or three?
I'll report back with a venue for Saturday.
What time do you guys sign on on Sunday?
Thanks
John
John

Sorry to her the BW race has gone; that leaves the day looking a bit thin. Still the Karts should be as good as ever. Marshal's sign-on is 0815 to 0845 underneath the hospitality suites on Craner curves. From the Paddock, walk through the tunnel next to the scrute's bay and keep straight on till you are near the suites and then turn right.

If you have not got paddock tickets, come in the "Infield entrance" next to the Exhibition center, drive through the tunnel and turn left as soon as you can. Follow along the roadway until you see the Craner suites away to your right. It is not very well marked, I am afraid.

I am sure we can get you/colleagues out for a days trackside experience if you would like that.

Unfortunately I shall not be around Saturday. (I have had my arm twisted to crew one of the Intervention vehicles for the RAC Rally (as I persist in thinking of it ) Only Friday/Saturday so will hope to meet you around on Sunday.

I shall be on the Donington rescue unit so do drop by. If nothing else and assuming there is a lunch break, we will be in the pit lane then.

Regards

Jim Whitaker
Old 5 Nov 2003, 16:51 (Ref:773990)   #28
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Observer
Info on BMW cancellation was phoned through on Monday evening. Apparently only six entries in HQ. Although I think that we might have found thirteen by today, it wasn't deemed to be enough to give the BARC any confidence.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 16:55 (Ref:773995)   #29
johnw
Veteran

England
Thanks Jim
See you there.
Have fun on the RAC (as I shall always think of it) and see if you can find out why Richard Burns fainted. Rumour has it that his wallet was in his breast pocket, thereby restricting his breathing.
John
Old 5 Nov 2003, 19:00 (Ref:774104)   #30
SJC-214
Racer

SJC-214 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see so many Ten-tenthers going on Sunday, I'm on BARC Northwest Rescue so please feel free to come up and say hello. Its always nice to put face to all the names on here.
Old 6 Nov 2003, 07:17 (Ref:774500)   #31
The Sweeper
Rookie

England
Leeds
The Sweeper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there and so will Debbie.

I'll let Pete H buy me a drink next week at the BMMc AGM.

Now watch him say he aint going....................lol
Old 6 Nov 2003, 08:30 (Ref:774530)   #32
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If any of you ten-tenthers want to meet up in the lunch break (I'm sure there will be one) please come and say hello to me - I'll be in my office at the end of the pit lane. If you are very nice to me I may even make you a cuppa!

John, I'm sorry that you won't be racing but if you and Trevor want to come for a chat I'd be glad to see you both.

Sheila
Old 6 Nov 2003, 08:57 (Ref:774554)   #33
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks Sheila I'll do that - do you do hot ribena as well?

Mark
Old 6 Nov 2003, 09:34 (Ref:774596)   #34
shandy drinker
Rookie

shandy drinker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too will be there flaging and am bringing an observer for the ride
Old 6 Nov 2003, 11:42 (Ref:774715)   #35
angela
Rookie

angela should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i will be there it will be my second time there i am on start & finshed line. how to see all of u there :confused:
Old 6 Nov 2003, 12:22 (Ref:774741)   #36
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by observer
Thanks Sheila I'll do that - do you do hot ribena as well?

Mark
No - you'll have to bring your own!! There will be Jelly Babies though (if Sainsbury's haven't sold out!)
Old 7 Nov 2003, 19:12 (Ref:776250)   #37
johnw
Veteran

England
If you guys are around on Saturday evening, we (Trevor Ford and I) will be at the Melbourne View Hotel (Half a mile past the paddock entrance on the left).
How about 6 pm for a drink?
John
Old 7 Nov 2003, 19:27 (Ref:776258)   #38
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If you guys are around on Saturday evening, we (Trevor Ford and I) will be at the Melbourne View Hotel (Half a mile past the paddock entrance on the left).
How about 6 pm for a drink?
John
sorry john, but hopefully I'll be nursing a severe hang-over after celebrating England's win over Wales!!!

I'm on the BARC Rescue unit though and so will be in the Pit-lane after sign-on and also at lunchtime. MrsCrazyStu (Jo) will be in the Pits all day (as a Trainee!!) working under the Wicked Witch of the East. (Sheila).
Hope to meet up with you sometime during the day.

Stu
Old 7 Nov 2003, 19:38 (Ref:776269)   #39
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take it you will be celebrating prematurely then crazystu to have a hangover on Sat evening as England dont get the chance to thrash the Welsh til Sunday. I spose you could call it a hang under!!!!
Old 7 Nov 2003, 20:32 (Ref:776294)   #40
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
jees stu.....if you dont have a headache from the beer...youll certainly get one off sheila after that comment lol
Old 7 Nov 2003, 22:19 (Ref:776361)   #41
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I take it you will be celebrating prematurely then crazystu to have a hangover on Sat evening as England dont get the chance to thrash the Welsh til Sunday. I spose you could call it a hang under!!!!
hey!! everyone knows that I live in a different time zone !!! (or I just drink too much!)

Quote:
Originally posted by ascarracinguk
jees stu.....if you dont have a headache from the beer...youll certainly get one off sheila after that comment lol
Not at all !!! she's my friend.

But having discussed it with herself...........

anyone else fancy a pint around 6pm near Donington???

If the offer is still open john, we'll be there.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 22:33 (Ref:776375)   #42
johnw
Veteran

England
Absolutely it's open.
I'll be happy to referee as Sheila is likely there too!
Look forward to seeing you.
John
Old 7 Nov 2003, 22:37 (Ref:776376)   #43
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Absolutely it's open.
I'll be happy to referee as Sheila is likely there too!
Look forward to seeing you.
John
Looks like a LARGE dry white wine and a bitter shandy then!

Guess who'll be driving!

Last edited by Stuart Hill; 7 Nov 2003 at 22:38.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 23:59 (Ref:776426)   #44
Malc's
Racer

England
Nottingham
Malc's should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there with my poppy and my Santa's het to ward off the wicked witch of the east. Rumour has it her spells don't have a range so i've bought some pork pies from tesco instead of sainsbury's, only problem is i have to run further with it being trucks HELP!!!!
Old 10 Nov 2003, 12:35 (Ref:778742)   #45
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally posted by crazystu

Not at all !!! she's my friend.

Cheers Stu - the cheque's in the post!!!

BTW I'm glad Jo enjoyed her day in the pits even though it wasn't really the best of days for your "first time". I'd be glad to welcome her at any meeting next season if she'd like to join us.

Sheila