Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 24 Dec 2003, 23:11 (Ref:820242)   #26
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
we have alot of talent all wanting these rides...
That's gonna become increasingly evident in Canada, whatwith the demise of Players.

Pretty sad all-around, isn't it?
Old 24 Dec 2003, 23:58 (Ref:820255)   #27
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
That's gonna become increasingly evident in Canada, whatwith the demise of Players.

Canadian companies have never really been big on sponsoring racing cars and right now there does not seem to be any moves to replace the void that players has left. It does not look good for canadian drivers right now looking to move up though the ranks.
Old 25 Dec 2003, 01:02 (Ref:820268)   #28
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy

It's already been evident in that terrible country in which 100% of the Champ Car teams are based for a few years.

The Canadians were lucky to have Player's, but now like their American counterparts they get to find out what it's like to put up results race after race only to see the guy they beat every race move up.
Old 25 Dec 2003, 03:08 (Ref:820289)   #29
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Canadian driver has had any help help from Player's since they brought Tagliani into CART - eliminating their Atlantic program just earlier.

While I don't support the silly tobacco advertising bans in Canada, the US and Europe, I'm a firm believer of just moving on and dealing with teh new situation.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 25 Dec 2003, 04:54 (Ref:820296)   #30
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MURCHISON WOULD BE A BETTER CHOICE THAN RODOLFO LAVIN.....
Old 25 Dec 2003, 06:17 (Ref:820309)   #31
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gomick
MURCHISON WOULD BE A BETTER CHOICE THAN RODOLFO LAVIN.....
You can't argue with that!
Old 25 Dec 2003, 07:46 (Ref:820313)   #32
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any details on the ride Murcho is looking at? ie. what team?
Old 25 Dec 2003, 09:23 (Ref:820325)   #33
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
oh, remember Brighty won a race. And i heard rumours he turned down a Champ Car offer to stick with HRT/TWR, but i'm not sure so I'm probably wroung.

Hey what about lowndes! He's got f3000 experiance, and (was) the fastest thing in the southern hemisphere. (Joke)

Actualy, its a pitty that TWR went broke and ford snapped up Ambrose - maybe old tom would've sent him off to Europe for annother crack!

Actualy, i'd like to see Courtny, Briscoe or one of the Will's get a ride in the US, even maybe Fabian Coulthard - but the us allready has Dixon giving 'em a whoopin'
Old 25 Dec 2003, 16:26 (Ref:820412)   #34
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am not Australian but I also heard rumour that Bright turned down Champ Cars to race in V8 Supercars
I think PK Racing's Kalkhoven said that he wants a young Australian. Murchison is young and fast driver. I hope PK will find money for two Lolas.
Old 27 Dec 2003, 02:08 (Ref:821049)   #35
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably turned it down because he didn't have the $$$.

Murcho? Interesting interesting.... Anyone remember him a few years ago in the Honda Young Guns Integra race at Surfers a few years back when he utterly trashed the joint? After that little effort he made it into a few people's unpopularity black book...
Old 27 Dec 2003, 22:19 (Ref:821483)   #36
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
sure do Crash , hence me saying he is quick but very erratic , if it happens I wish him well , in fact I'd like to see it happen just to see how he goes.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 07:27 (Ref:821691)   #37
ringo
Racer

ringo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex K
I am not Australian but I also heard rumour that Bright turned down Champ Cars to race in V8 Supercars
I think he had an opportunity to race in Indy lights for another year but the deal was too uncertain and the HRT offer was a safer more solid bet for his career. I think I remember him saying that he had to come back to Australia as he had too many bills to pay and people he owed $$$ to...
Old 28 Dec 2003, 09:11 (Ref:821716)   #38
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh yes, in a MSnews interview he said he still had some "Financial hangovers" from the US
Old 28 Dec 2003, 19:24 (Ref:821935)   #39
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ringo
I think he had an opportunity to race in Indy lights for another year but the deal was too uncertain and the HRT offer was a safer more solid bet for his career. I think I remember him saying that he had to come back to Australia as he had too many bills to pay and people he owed $$$ to...
So he took money over Champ Cars too? That traitor!
Old 28 Dec 2003, 21:28 (Ref:821986)   #40
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good! Now, this is very good news! Murcho is a very good driver that needs a break in the big leagues. With the right team he'll do very well, and will be a great addition to the Champcar paddock. Glad to hear it....

BTW, Australia has a lot of great drivers that don't get the respect and support they deserve. Lucky for them, as Americans with Nascar, the young guns of Ausie can make a very good living racing the V8 Super Cup series. Kelly, Ambrose, Wills, Gurr, Besnard, etc should be in F3000 or Champcars proving their worth, but lack of budgets keep them in Australia. Too bad for the rest of the world.....

Hey, we all can't be Hungarians and get the Gov to sponsor 4 mil a year for your F1 career, eh?
Old 29 Dec 2003, 08:11 (Ref:822373)   #41
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
BTW does anyone know how Adam Clarke fared when he tried to take a swing at nascar at one of the short tracks this year? (last year, if you read this in 2004)
Old 29 Dec 2003, 21:18 (Ref:822824)   #42
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Adam Clarke ????

why does that name sound familiar to me ??

Hazza could you give me a run down on this guy , is he the bloke who ran midgets and formula ford as well as having a good record in karts to boot ???

I just cant place him at the moment.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 23:20 (Ref:823002)   #43
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whether it will be Christian Murchison or Ryan Briscoe (much better and more talented driver, btw) - first a year in Toyota Atlantics will be the fate = http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...id=3&nid=83036

zerO
Old 29 Dec 2003, 23:23 (Ref:823005)   #44
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marcus- Adam Clarke- formally of the Suzuki one make series, then a gun in speedcars, now in Sprintcars.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 03:50 (Ref:824193)   #45
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
thats the guy I was thinking of Thanks crash, I knew he was involved in speedway and had done something on the tar as well , thought it was F Ford though.

I doubt he'd be anywhere near getting a ride in the states except on the dirt perhaps.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 06:06 (Ref:824249)   #46
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Yeah it was odd, i was browsing the Nascar offical website and looked at the entry lists and saw Adam Clarke - *something* Australia, quite a shock!
Old 31 Dec 2003, 13:47 (Ref:824567)   #47
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
will be interersting to follow up on inn 20004
Old 6 Jan 2004, 05:06 (Ref:829128)   #48
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam Clarke, the Hunter Valley Hurricane. Good steerer, believe he is involved in a NASCAR driving school and race program in the States. father-in-law is ex-Aussie NASCAR racer George ********** (sorry, drew a mental blank on that one - can anyone help?)
Old 8 Jan 2004, 03:03 (Ref:831160)   #49
brno86
Rookie

brno86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam's Father in law is Barry Graham. Barry was an oval expert & co drove with Brian Callaghan at Bathurst. Barry runs the Richard Petty Driving Experience in the States. Barry kicked a goal there. Adam was quick in karts & also the Suzuki Cup here in Australia. He comes from a speedway background through his father. If Adam got the right breaks in Motorsport he would make some of the "name" drivers look ordinary. Adam never drove FF in Australia.
Old 11 Jan 2004, 23:04 (Ref:834761)   #50
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ringo
That is correct. I'm sure Jason is still trying to think of ways to find the money to go back to the states. How much into debt are many of us willing to go into? Jason left the states with a considerable amount of money owing from his year at Dorricott, which three years later hes probably still paying off.