Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 Jan 2004, 22:36 (Ref:854395)   #1
madgriffin
Rookie

madgriffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about this one

I have noticed in another thread that the MSA want you marshals to sign a declaration to abide by the MSA Regulations, So. I quote.
Section C3.11 length of meetings
The secretary of a meeting must liaise with the Chief Timekeeper regarding the practicability of the propoesd timetable,and if it is scheduled to last more than nine hours from the time of the officials signing-on,prior notice must be given to the Chief Scrutineer, Chief Timekeeper and other senior Officials, so that they can make appropriate arrangements for the relief of their teams. Where a meeting lasts more than nine hours due to unavoidable circumstances, adequate breaks for refreshment must be allowed.

I reckon by that a chief marshal, chief pit/paddock marshal & Chief Observer, would be failing to abide by the regulations if they did not call for a break during a day that is going to last over nine hours(from signing on NOT commencement of practice.)

So how about that one next time your lunch break looks like it is going up the swanney
Old 28 Jan 2004, 23:18 (Ref:854443)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
hmmm ill print that one off and take it with me......i remember the worst meeting ive done....oulton last year for the gts....30 odd degrees...no break...no water after about 11 am....and it went on till bout 5 or 6
Old 29 Jan 2004, 10:58 (Ref:854932)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ascarracinguk
hmmm ill print that one off and take it with me......i remember the worst meeting ive done....oulton last year for the gts....30 odd degrees...no break...no water after about 11 am....and it went on till bout 5 or 6
Yer bug wuss!!
Oulton has a curfew as you know, so if you had been at Donny you would have been there till 8pm!

if that's the WORST meeting you've ever done then you don't get around much !!
Old 29 Jan 2004, 12:20 (Ref:855055)   #4
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: How about this one

Quote:
Originally posted by madgriffin
I have noticed in another thread that the MSA want you marshals to sign a declaration to abide by the MSA Regulations, So. I quote.
Section C3.11 length of meetings
The secretary of a meeting must liaise with the Chief Timekeeper regarding the practicability of the propoesd timetable,and if it is scheduled to last more than nine hours from the time of the officials signing-on,prior notice must be given to the Chief Scrutineer, Chief Timekeeper and other senior Officials, so that they can make appropriate arrangements for the relief of their teams. Where a meeting lasts more than nine hours due to unavoidable circumstances, adequate breaks for refreshment must be allowed.

I reckon by that a chief marshal, chief pit/paddock marshal & Chief Observer, would be failing to abide by the regulations if they did not call for a break during a day that is going to last over nine hours(from signing on NOT commencement of practice.)

So how about that one next time your lunch break looks like it is going up the swanney
I have a feeling that this regulation in the Blue Book was written way back in the days when we had enough marshals to organise breaks in shifts. Unfortunately with the falling numbers we don't have that luxury any more.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 13:40 (Ref:855136)   #5
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am glad it gives a specific time limit as some rules are a bit vague. As for "adequate breaks" we now revert back to the "wishy washy". (Pantomine time) We tend to have breaks between each race of at least one minute and that seems to satisfy those rules. (oh yes it does)
Seriously though, I will bear that in mind although we haven't had to face cancellation of the lunch break for some time.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 14:16 (Ref:855162)   #6
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
lol...i dont mind doing donington till 8 or 9...which is what ive done before....it was the heat that was the problem......running around all day in that heat with no break was not good.....
Old 29 Jan 2004, 15:32 (Ref:855240)   #7
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Running around all day?
You need to become an Observer and let everyone else do that whilst you decide who's going to have the chilled water that was secretly delivered to post!!
Old 30 Jan 2004, 13:38 (Ref:856392)   #8
Flagman
Racer

Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you decide who's going to have the chilled water that was secretly delivered to post!
You mean the water that was 'Very Reluctantly' delivered to post...
Old 30 Jan 2004, 13:42 (Ref:856400)   #9
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
If I remember rightly Ian, you were taking it "Easy" that day and took advantage of the shade in the Observers Box at Lodge - whilst I played with the flags for a change!
Old 30 Jan 2004, 13:54 (Ref:856417)   #10
Flagman
Racer

Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only on the Sunday - took my dose of the 'heat & the flies' at Cascades on the Saturday.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 17:44 (Ref:856670)   #11
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
running around all day in that heat with no break was not good.....
If I remember right you were swanning around in a air conditioned course car.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 17:47 (Ref:856672)   #12
ascarracinguk
Veteran

nope...that was the donnnnnnington one....oulton was very similar...a bit hotter tho...hmmm i love that course car lol