Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 7 Sep 2010, 09:36 (Ref:2755563)   #226
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
Personally I'm a PSN fan, but go for the version with the online service you like. PS3 is, theoretically the superior machine in terms of graphical capability but a lot of developers are able to get more out of the 360. With Codemasters the differences are going to range from undetectable to virtually undetectable, as their EGO engine is optimized pretty well and equally across all platforms.
Well the PS3 hasn't been out as long and apparantly its more tricky to develop for. Historically games have improved over over the lifespan of a console, so it'll be interesting to see what is being done in a couple of years time. I'm showing my age now, but the comparison of launch titles to those at the end for the Megadrive/SNES, Playstation, Xbox/PS2 were worlds apart.

I'm starting to lean towards the PS3 now as that will allow me to use my G25 with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
The 23rd seems so far away.

So which team does everyone want to end up at?

I'd be happy at Red Bull (I'd love to be Mark Webber's team mate) but on the other hand I'd like to see if I can stay with a midpack team or one of the new ones and see how far we can go.
I must admit I haven't enough research but is the car performance relative? Would be fun to scrabble around in a HRT with no downforce. I've always had a soft spot for Williams so probabably them.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 11:43 (Ref:2755640)   #227
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

I'd be happy at Red Bull (I'd love to be Mark Webber's team mate) but on the other hand I'd like to see if I can stay with a midpack team or one of the new ones and see how far we can go.
Im gonna start at lotus if its on option but after season 3 i wanna be jumping into a McLaren alongside JB. Williams, Torro Rosso or Mercedes in between

Genuinley cant wait for this game!!!!
Old 7 Sep 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2755786)   #228
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im excited to be in a LOTUS and see how i can do but ultimately i wanna be in The FERRARI alongside Mr Massa!!
Old 7 Sep 2010, 18:11 (Ref:2755837)   #229
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
HRT for all time.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2755856)   #230
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just a quick warning to anyone planning to download from Steam, Make sure youve got plenty of bandwith and time because it is going to take an absolute age to download 13GB worth of game.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 19:07 (Ref:2755867)   #231
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Its a tough call!

I'm tempted to make my first race attempt at Singapore, as I think that could look great if they have done it right. Its all tempting to have a crack at Korea straight away too.

As for the driver/car, for some reason I'm drawn to being either Petrov or Liuzzi first time out - don't know why.

When it comes to career mode, or starting with a new car, I'm definately going with Glock in the Virgin
Old 7 Sep 2010, 22:32 (Ref:2755970)   #232
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fielden View Post
Im gonna start at lotus if its on option but after season 3 i wanna be jumping into a McLaren alongside JB. Williams, Torro Rosso or Mercedes in between

Genuinley cant wait for this game!!!!
I think you have a choice of starting with Lotus, Virgin or HRT when you start out. I'm going with HRT to be with Glockdog.

One of the first things Im going to do is take a HRT car and race on easy difficulty in arcade just to watch a HRT win- I've done it with a lower team like Minardi in every other F1 game I've played and it never ceases to make me chuckle.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 22:41 (Ref:2755973)   #233
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I think you have a choice of starting with Lotus, Virgin or HRT when you start out. I'm going with HRT to be with Glockdog.

One of the first things Im going to do is take a HRT car and race on easy difficulty in arcade just to watch a HRT win- I've done it with a lower team like Minardi in every other F1 game I've played and it never ceases to make me chuckle.
I rember doing that with Forti Ford on the first Formula One game for the original Playstation. The new teams this year are rocket ships compared to what Forti were!
Old 8 Sep 2010, 09:46 (Ref:2756096)   #234
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I've had a chat about this with my friends, and we come up with a hilarious plan:

Nigel Mansell's F1 comeback!!!

I'll start with Lotus, go to Williams, Ferrari, and McLaren!

Selby
Old 8 Sep 2010, 12:57 (Ref:2756161)   #235
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Just a quick warning to anyone planning to download from Steam, Make sure youve got plenty of bandwith and time because it is going to take an absolute age to download 13GB worth of game.
Hang on, a TF2 download is bigger than that nowadays, isn't it?
Old 8 Sep 2010, 14:24 (Ref:2756191)   #236
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I've had a chat about this with my friends, and we come up with a hilarious plan:

Selby
Great idea,

"RED NUMBER 5" lives on
Old 8 Sep 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2756355)   #237
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
My ultimate plan for my career is start at Lotus and build them up, then spend a season at Mercedes and oust TGF then move to McLaren against Lewis. Would love to win a championship with Lotus but on hard difficulty it may be a problem.
Old 8 Sep 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2756394)   #238
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Selby
Don't forget to moan endlessly, make big dramas out of everything, perfect a one-tone Brummie accent and feign injury at the end of the races.

In triumph, take all credit. In adversity, blame Prost.
Old 8 Sep 2010, 20:55 (Ref:2756404)   #239
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Don't forget to moan endlessly, make big dramas out of everything, perfect a one-tone Brummie accent and feign injury at the end of the races.

In triumph, take all credit. In adversity, blame Prost.
Yes, but all that is far outweighed by awesomeness that is (or now was) the 'tache and flat cap killer combo. No one else had the balls and audacity to do that and therefore is my hero until the end of time.
Old 8 Sep 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2756425)   #240
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nige is a legend don't get me wrong. The flat caps were unsurpassed.
Old 8 Sep 2010, 22:21 (Ref:2756451)   #241
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Selby

Old 9 Sep 2010, 11:34 (Ref:2756702)   #242
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
The manual is now available

http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/...f?t=1283965391
Old 9 Sep 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2756729)   #243
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
Quote:

I'll start with Lotus, go to Williams, Ferrari, Williams (again) and McLaren!

Selby
fixed
Old 9 Sep 2010, 13:11 (Ref:2756744)   #244
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yep, fair point

Selby
Old 9 Sep 2010, 16:38 (Ref:2756837)   #245
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB IS THE STIG View Post
Whaat? no controller clutch? please tell me this is configurable? PLEEEEASE!?!?
Old 9 Sep 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2756857)   #246
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
You don't need a clutch in an F1 car...
Old 9 Sep 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2756938)   #247
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
You don't need a clutch in an F1 car...
Apart from off the start maybe? I suck at starts in pretty much all racing games because I can't judge them without a clutch!
Old 10 Sep 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2757449)   #248
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
Apart from off the start maybe? I suck at starts in pretty much all racing games because I can't judge them without a clutch!
and how do you start a f1 car from the grid now-a-days? you just take your finger off a button
Old 10 Sep 2010, 22:17 (Ref:2757474)   #249
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennaTheGreat View Post
and how do you start a f1 car from the grid now-a-days? you just take your finger off a button
On the contrary.

Modern F1 cars have 2 clutch paddles (label no. 2 or 3), I believe both of them are used simultaneously to launch off the grid.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 22:47 (Ref:2757490)   #250
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
Fox it's still taking your finger off a button basically, even Nigel Mansell said it about the taking your finger off the button. anyway, digging around on youbook (cheers top gear ) i found this intesting link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZeGbQ0fojo