Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Oct 2008, 16:51 (Ref:2304782)   #226
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to L'Equipe magazine ex-Citroën-Sport chairman Guy Fréquelin would come to Peugeot-Sport next year

But who would he replace ???
To my knowledge he only know rally world, not track racing motorsports...
Old 5 Oct 2008, 17:26 (Ref:2304796)   #227
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12
According to L'Equipe magazine ex-Citroën-Sport chairman Guy Fréquelin would come to Peugeot-Sport next year

Before you make more remarks, you might regret..

Jean Todt, does that career ring a bell..?
Old 5 Oct 2008, 18:03 (Ref:2304824)   #228
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Before you make more remarks, you might regret..

Jean Todt, does that career ring a bell..?
They still have problems during pit stops due to the fact that Jean Todt never needed this in his rally time ...
Old 5 Oct 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2304829)   #229
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
They still have problems during pit stops due to the fact that Jean Todt never needed this in his rally time ...
You cant be serius..

Who won Le Mans with Peugeot, and multiple F1 victories.

I get your joke, I just find it inappropiate. I am sure that the Citroën motorsport head will do just excellent.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 18:51 (Ref:2304858)   #230
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

That would be a massive signing for the team, he has made Citroen Sport one of the best manufactuer teams in any formula, while Rally Raid/WRC events have big endurance aspects.

While they're at it, they need to make Montagny and Wurz full-time drivers.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 23:14 (Ref:2305050)   #231
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But not Klein? Wurz binned the car in his other appearance at Spa, Klein drove like a star at PLM. I can't stay I understand your logic.

Montagny is better suited to sprints IMO. Don't give him too much time to overbalance his pace with over-exuberance.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 06:32 (Ref:2305122)   #232
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You cant be serius..

Who won Le Mans with Peugeot, and multiple F1 victories.

I get your joke, I just find it inappropiate. I am sure that the Citroën motorsport head will do just excellent.
Don't forget the times they won Gr. B!.
Jean Todt is a legend, and you shouldn't joke with his talents!.
If Peugeot had given Todt there support in a team effort in F1 (instead of a half hearted engine effort), Peugeot would probably been where Ferrari where 2 years ago!
Old 6 Oct 2008, 07:10 (Ref:2305133)   #233
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Guy Fréquelin has driven a Peugeot at Le Mans. He was a a driver for the WM team which took its power from Peugeots in the early 80's and drove for the Alpine team before.

He was pretty handy too he finished 4th in 1980 in the WM.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 14:56 (Ref:2305422)   #234
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And fourth in a Alpine Renault in '78
Old 6 Oct 2008, 22:24 (Ref:2305677)   #235
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Peugeot tuned down their engine power this weekend. What was the goal of this? Limit the chance of their drivers bending another tub? Improving fuel consumption to closely mimic the Audi pitstop strategy? Simulate smaller restrictors of 2009?

Quote:
Rinaldo Capello: "This is probably the first race the Peugeot had the same fuel consumption than us. I don't know why. I think they worked on something."
Old 1 Nov 2008, 14:39 (Ref:2325388)   #236
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If we gather the informations between ALMS PLM/Road Atlanta and current Michelin testing at Estoril...we can almost make 2009 Le Mans Peugeot-Sport line-up

Marc Gené(programmed at PLM + present at Estoril)
Stéphane Sarrazin(present at Estoril + PLM)
Christian Klien(present at PLM)
Nic' Minassian(present at PLM)
Pedro Lamy(programmed + present at PLM)
Alexander Wurz(programmed at PLM)
Franck Montagny(present at Estoril)

Question mark remains on two drivers(Villeneuve and Zonta replaced or there in 2009??)
Old 1 Nov 2008, 15:12 (Ref:2325397)   #237
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Villeneue and Zonta should not be missed from the future lineup, they simply didnt deliver when they had the chance. So its out for them, JV has several times been shortstinted, as his laptimes were subpar.

The question for me is, what Klien is doing in that team?
Old 1 Nov 2008, 16:23 (Ref:2325419)   #238
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would think that there is still a likelihood of them for Le Mans as Peugeot (Serge Saulnier) has said there will be 3 cars on the grid and therefore they will need the extra drivers.

L.P.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 17:05 (Ref:2325433)   #239
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the reason Klein is still in the team was demonstrated at PLM. He's got a lot of natural talent and he's learning fast. Not perfect, but think about how he showed against drivers with way more sportscar experience...

Of course, seems that there is a little uncertainty brewing over Peugeot in the 2009 LMS, so maybe LM is the only thing they're programming for bar Sebring?!
Old 1 Nov 2008, 19:46 (Ref:2325509)   #240
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The question for me is, what Klien is doing in that team?
Stealing KERS data from BMW F1

Montagny? Maybe this means neither P1 Acura teams are looking at him... would be quite odd to have a ride in rival teams.

Last edited by deggis; 1 Nov 2008 at 19:54.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 21:14 (Ref:2325550)   #241
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dont the 2 Acura P1 teams, Highcroft and de Ferran, have a full complement of drivers? Although I guess replacing Scott Sharp wouldnt be a bad thing but he brought the Patron sponsorship didnt he? Does Franck have any sponsors ties to bring in some big money?
Old 2 Nov 2008, 05:18 (Ref:2325675)   #242
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montagny is an ass of a driver. Already has a bad rep among the other P car drivers in the ALMS as too aggressive/rough.

There's no reason to replace Sharp at Highcroft and yes, Patron is his sponsorship...
Old 2 Nov 2008, 06:46 (Ref:2325695)   #243
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Like Montagny or not, he is a very fast guy.

I guess that it still counts, instead of excuses
Old 3 Nov 2008, 00:26 (Ref:2326536)   #244
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
Montagny is an ass of a driver. Already has a bad rep among the other P car drivers in the ALMS as too aggressive/rough.

There's no reason to replace Sharp at Highcroft and yes, Patron is his sponsorship...
He also wins, which teams for some funny reason seem to like their drivers to do.

Some of the so-called 'rough driving' is rather overblown, in my opinion. He certainly did not give Timo an inch at Detroit, but why should he have?

Beyond that, he's given us some exciting racing in the second half of the year. Since it's fundamentally an entertainment product being sold, he's good for the series in that respect.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 01:07 (Ref:2326553)   #245
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
He also wins, which teams for some funny reason seem to like their drivers to do.

Some of the so-called 'rough driving' is rather overblown, in my opinion. He certainly did not give Timo an inch at Detroit, but why should he have?

Beyond that, he's given us some exciting racing in the second half of the year. Since it's fundamentally an entertainment product being sold, he's good for the series in that respect.
Hmm, is that why Tomas is still driving in the ALMS?

L.P.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 02:50 (Ref:2326585)   #246
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Hmm, is that why Tomas is still driving in the ALMS?

L.P.
Tomas' contract with Prodrive + Prodrive's non-engagement in the ALMS is why Tomas is not driving in the ALMS.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2327099)   #247
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Tomas' contract with Prodrive + Prodrive's non-engagement in the ALMS is why Tomas is not driving in the ALMS.
Hmm, contract terminated mid season by PWL and of the remaing 12 races in 07 (ALMS,LMS,FIA-GT) he made 2, those being Spa 24hr (Ecosse) as the extra driver and Brno (Rbimmo) which he could not miss his home race. Neither of which were in a Aston Martin.

L.P.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 11:23 (Ref:2327784)   #248
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Tomas Enge also drove a Mercedes C-Class DTM in two races for Charouz, at the end of the year - in the Czech Circuit Championship.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 03:57 (Ref:2328391)   #249
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Hmm, contract terminated mid season by PWL and of the remaing 12 races in 07 (ALMS,LMS,FIA-GT) he made 2, those being Spa 24hr (Ecosse) as the extra driver and Brno (Rbimmo) which he could not miss his home race. Neither of which were in a Aston Martin.

L.P.
What Tomas did last year has what to do with what he did this year, exactly? The circumstances surrounding P/WL's internal policies were well-documented, and it's rather hard to stumble into a top-line drive mid-season so it's rather a red herring being served up.

Aslak, yes, he did do some races in the Czech Championship this year for Charouz. He won the title, so I think he must have started more than 2 races (his first Czech title - something close to his heart). I think Antonin has looked after him very handsomely for some time...
Old 5 Nov 2008, 04:50 (Ref:2328403)   #250
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Red herring, huh? Not hardly! And it goes directly, by comparison, to the original topic of discussion concerning a perceived over aggressive driver (in Montagny)and their ability to be/stay employed in the ALMS if they have that moniker.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 5 Nov 2008 at 04:55.