Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 8 Oct 2023, 02:17 (Ref:4180357)   #226
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m getting worried now.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 18:24 (Ref:4180499)   #227
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You guys can have the mud pit. Seen too many RVs and cars stuck up to their axles after a heavy rain. I'll take the asphalt paved area outside the skid pad over a mud pit any day.

For what it's worth, seems like the forecast is getting better. Most places are calling for wide spread thunder showers on Friday, but Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday are looking pretty good.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/br...recast/2140080

All of this rain talk reminds me of the year where a hurricane was supposed to create a wash out, but it veered east, and the day of the race was perfect.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 18:32 (Ref:4180502)   #228
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Packed the fridge today. Still leaving room for a trip to the Ingles. Love that place for any odds and ends I forgot. Hooking up the trailer to the van tonight to pick up the golf cart rental tomorrow morning. Only major things to pack are cloths and a couple of propane cylinders for the big gas burner. Plan to be boiling peanuts on Wednesday. Plenty of peanuts for everyone if anyone likes them. All the people that camp around me grab some all week long. They just get better as the week progresses.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 18:36 (Ref:4180505)   #229
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I’m getting worried now.
Drink more and you won't give a rip.

Irish whiskey fan? Have a few bottles and a Japanese whiskey gifted to me but not a fan
Old 8 Oct 2023, 18:45 (Ref:4180512)   #230
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m not against Irish or Japanese whisky, but I’ve not come across one that has really done it for me. I’ve gone for a bourbon. I was going to do a scotch, but it appears like the US has fallen out with Scotland and banged a massive import tax on it like it is Chinese steal! Or the shop was just taking advantage. I thought better of it and put it towards a better bourbon.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 20:09 (Ref:4180531)   #231
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, there's been a hike on import tax on whiskey, I think last year. It's made much of it crazy. My wife used to have a house party for Christmas/birthday and a guy would bring an Irish and then Japanese whiskey. Oh he liked them assuming we'd open it and let him drink it all, he was an ass so no, no we didn't. He got the hint after a while cause he did that at every party he went to, effin lawyers
Old 8 Oct 2023, 20:16 (Ref:4180536)   #232
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
I have a nice bottle of bourbon waiting to be drank if only someone would tell me where and when to bring it.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 21:04 (Ref:4180542)   #233
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
That's the spot. Right now on the menu I got 2 pounds of shrimp, 2 pounds of andouille sausage, and 4 pounds of snow crab. Seafood wise the only thing I don't eat is oysters so feel free to bring whatever and we can throw it in the pot
I have some Patagonian bay scallops to add to the mix.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 00:49 (Ref:4180588)   #234
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
Ahhh the wonderful world of having a motorhome parked on asphalt.
Too easy. Wait until you see the redneck engineering I've got going on.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 01:14 (Ref:4180590)   #235
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Did it involve angle iron and heater vent breeze clamps? Cause my flag pole still does
Old 9 Oct 2023, 01:16 (Ref:4180591)   #236
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spent much of the day packing the rv and trailer. We're about 80% packed and one more Costco run away from being done.
We'll be getting on the road from Atlanta to the track at around 1p on Tuesday.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1597.JPG   IMG_1598.JPG  
Old 9 Oct 2023, 02:25 (Ref:4180597)   #237
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
I have a nice bottle of bourbon waiting to be drank if only someone would tell me where and when to bring it.
I'm 35 lbs lighter this year, so I plan on working my way around the track more this year. But if you're in turn 4 near the water oak and see the flags, that's us.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 02:26 (Ref:4180598)   #238
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
Spent much of the day packing the rv and trailer. We're about 80% packed and one more Costco run away from being done.
We'll be getting on the road from Atlanta to the track at around 1p on Tuesday.
I'm being careful about my predictions, but am way ahead of schedule myself and have the same eta. I'm not racing the sunlight this year.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 10:21 (Ref:4180648)   #239
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This weather forecast is playing with my emotions.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 11:59 (Ref:4180662)   #240
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
So far everyone who knows I'm going to the track at the farmer's market knows enough to well it's your trip, isn't it supposed to rain at the race? So there were more than a few people who were threatened to be punched in the face.

But I am less prepared than usual but thinking it's gonna be a true gov't employee last day before vacation and might not make it to 4. Trailer pickup at 10 and probably groceries on the way out tomorrow so on the road by noon seems about right. Got my space but have to protect about 6-8 other campers areas behind ours and some sneaky *******s get in early who are unreserved.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 12:01 (Ref:4180663)   #241
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah. Past 7 weeks, less than a half inch of something we're looking to have a bit of Thursday and Friday.....
Old 9 Oct 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4180683)   #242
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I'm 35 lbs lighter this year, so I plan on working my way around the track more this year. But if you're in turn 4 near the water oak and see the flags, that's us.
Looking forward to it! I'm 30 lbs heavier than past....
Old 9 Oct 2023, 13:56 (Ref:4180692)   #243
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Sweet, got my route for the day down to 3 stops, instead of friday's 25, and one of those is a building final that I know will fail cause the builder is an idiot but the neighbor has a sweet Gen2 GTO. Might have time to actually clean the tree drool and debris off the truck today too
Old 9 Oct 2023, 14:36 (Ref:4180705)   #244
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Golf cart picked up at the rental shop and loaded on the trailer. All that's left is to pack the cloths and do a final cleaning of the RV. Plan to head out after we drop off the dog at the kennel in the morning. Hate to leave her there but there's no way I'm going to subject the dog to all of that noise. She's an Australian Shepard rescue dog that had a rough first 5 years of life. She knows the kennel people and does well there. Will miss her though. ON WITH THE RACES!!!
Old 9 Oct 2023, 16:04 (Ref:4180722)   #245
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Pretty sure we got zero point zero....

Feels awesome this morning but the forecast is now a real peever
Yes, the weather underground forcast looks like a wet thurs afternoon till saturday morn.

I think I have all my provisions now, but need to go through gear again.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 16:06 (Ref:4180724)   #246
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I've started a list. That is all.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 16:29 (Ref:4180727)   #247
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My packing is already started and I'm stuck working for the next 9 hours. Plan is to get home and stay up playing video games until dawn, so I can sleep all day tomorrow and leave for the track at midnight tomorrow
Old 9 Oct 2023, 17:44 (Ref:4180734)   #248
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I've started a list. That is all.
Made a second one and haven't decided to get up and start moving yet. Lazy and want a nap instead. Guess it's time to get up, fire up a cigar or two, wash truck quick and mow. Or I could wait
Old 9 Oct 2023, 20:46 (Ref:4180752)   #249
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Yes, the weather underground forcast looks like a wet thurs afternoon till saturday morn.

I think I have all my provisions now, but need to go through gear again.
Yeah, it's getting worse not better thank you, and the amount of rainfall keeps going up too so that's nice
Old 9 Oct 2023, 21:19 (Ref:4180758)   #250
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, it's getting worse not better thank you, and the amount of rainfall keeps going up too so that's nice
As long as Field brings a shovel we'll be alright. How much does indoor outdoor carpet cost vs haybales?