Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Feb 2010, 17:58 (Ref:2638427)   #226
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Just as a matter of interest - any news on whether Stuart Hall is likely to be on the entry list with anyone this year?
No news that I'm aware of, either officially or unofficially. There's still one seat available at Aston Martin, but whether or not Stuart could be in line for that I just don't know. On pace, Jos Verstappen (of last year's drivers) would perhaps be the more likely to get the nod, but I've no idea what he's up to either.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2638442)   #227
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
So what, no Peugeots are expected at Le Mans?
L.P.
Quote:
I don't think so - all discussion about Peugeot at Le Mans -in terms of the entry and who will be driving the cars I would expect to see here. Le Mans is Le Mans - that's why we have a dedicated Le Mans subforum....
My comment wasn't meant in that direction, i just wanted to inform that a discussion is already ongoing in the Peugeot thread .
Old 22 Feb 2010, 18:17 (Ref:2638443)   #228
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I don't think so - all discussion about Peugeot at Le Mans -in terms of the entry and who will be driving the cars I would expect to see here. Le Mans is Le Mans - that's why we have a dedicated Le Mans subforum....
Absolutely...........

#1 Gene, Wurz, Davidson

#2 Minassian, Montagny, Sarrazin

#3 Bourdais, Pagenaud, Lamy

I shall unashamedly be supporting car #2 at Le Mans this year. There's no other driver racing today that I would more like to see win Le Mans than Nic Minassian.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 18:19 (Ref:2638444)   #229
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
If Im screaming for a Pug win ..... I would like to see auld Nic take it as well Mr.B .
Old 22 Feb 2010, 18:23 (Ref:2638446)   #230
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
My comment wasn't meant in that direction, i just wanted to inform that a discussion is already ongoing in the Peugeot thread .

Well, if it's about the entry and drivers at Le Mans, the discussion ought to be here really...IMO. But if people want to talk about it there, that's fine too.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2638450)   #231
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
If Im screaming for a Pug win ..... I would like to see auld Nic take it as well Mr.B .
Mr. B?

Is that Mr. I don't stop for interviews with RLM Bourdais?

Not fussed about him. But yes, Quick Nic deserves a win.

Will Sarrazin net a 4th pole, I wonder?
Old 22 Feb 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2638463)   #232
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Mr. B?

Is that Mr. I don't stop for interviews with RLM Bourdais?

Not fussed about him. But yes, Quick Nic deserves a win.

Will Sarrazin net a 4th pole, I wonder?
I think Mr Badger was simply agreeing with Mr Bentley03, Mr A, stating that he would also like to see Nic Minassian take a win at Le Mans.

And, I share your lack of fussedness about Mr Bourdais.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2638489)   #233
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well the Peugeot line up is strong one and I am so pleased Anthony Davidson has got a good drive for this years race. As a friend of my has pointed out to me on another forum the last time an Englishman drove for Peugeot they actually won.
That was in 1992 with Derek Warwick and Mark Blundell shared with Yanik Dalmas.

Anyone fancy a repeat in 2010.....
Old 22 Feb 2010, 22:16 (Ref:2638618)   #234
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I think Mr Badger was simply agreeing with Mr Bentley03, Mr A, stating that he would also like to see Nic Minassian take a win at Le Mans.

And, I share your lack of fussedness about Mr Bourdais.

I see! Should have read it properly.... What a silly B I am, to be sure!
Old 22 Feb 2010, 22:21 (Ref:2638626)   #235
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Absolutely...........

#1 Gene, Wurz, Davidson

#2 Minassian, Montagny, Sarrazin

#3 Bourdais, Pagenaud, Lamy

I shall unashamedly be supporting car #2 at Le Mans this year. There's no other driver racing today that I would more like to see win Le Mans than Nic Minassian.
#2 and #3 for me .. those 9 surely must be the fastest ever line-up a team had at LeMans .. I won't say best yet

Ciao Marco
Old 22 Feb 2010, 22:30 (Ref:2638634)   #236
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
With the removal of Klien and Brabham - I tend to agree as to the speed. I've tended to regard Klien as the weaker link in the team (although I'm not too clear in my mind why). Brabham was of course a safe pair of hands last year - even if he wasn't desperately quick.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 22:41 (Ref:2638649)   #237
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
With the removal of Klien and Brabham - I tend to agree as to the speed. I've tended to regard Klien as the weaker link in the team (although I'm not too clear in my mind why). Brabham was of course a safe pair of hands last year - even if he wasn't desperately quick.
Klein has always been the weak link in my mind too. With me it was basically the number of accidents he made in the 908! (especially the write off at Spa!)
Old 22 Feb 2010, 22:56 (Ref:2638667)   #238
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
(especially the write off at Spa!)
Only spa write off im aware of was 2008 and that was Wurz not Klien.

I dont remember Klien having any major accidents in the 908.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 23:10 (Ref:2638677)   #239
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Only spa write off im aware of was 2008 and that was Wurz not Klien.

I dont remember Klien having any major accidents in the 908.
Im sorry!, i confused the two.

Please remove my earlier post.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 00:17 (Ref:2638701)   #240
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Peugeot wins, I hope it's the 3. Lamy has always been there or there about but just not there yet.
Shame he's teamed with Bourdais, for whom I have little love for since his days in CART but it's the price to pay.

However, I never get sick of seeing Tom and McNish winning!
Old 23 Feb 2010, 00:26 (Ref:2638707)   #241
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm putting my sawbuck down on the #7 car!

L.P.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 00:46 (Ref:2638720)   #242
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Shame he's teamed with Bourdais, for whom I have little love for since his days in CART but it's the price to pay.
Yeah, but he sure is quick in that Pug.

DK
Old 23 Feb 2010, 05:01 (Ref:2638797)   #243
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
To be quite honest ..... if a Pug wins again , I hope its Oreca but , I'd be quite happy to see number 2 from the factory squad ..... or Rockenfeller in an Audi !!!
Old 23 Feb 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2638919)   #244
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The way McNish made mincemeat of him at Road Atlanta?? a couple of years ago may have some influence.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 20:08 (Ref:2639300)   #245
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I meant Brabs being a safe pair of hands in the Pug at Le Mans last year.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2640340)   #246
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jos Verstappen has claimed that he won't be racing this year, if Google Translator's interpretation of this article is accurate.

http://sport.fok.nl/nieuws/372826/1/...jaar-niet.html

He's more concerned with losing his eggs or something.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 14:02 (Ref:2640357)   #247
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
He's more concerned with losing his eggs or something.
Thats a good reason in my book !!!
Old 25 Feb 2010, 21:41 (Ref:2640572)   #248
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Does that make him chicken then.....?
Old 27 Feb 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2641424)   #249
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reported on DAILY SPORTSCAR this morning - Warren Hughes has signed for Quifel ASM and will be their third driver at Le Mans.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2641966)   #250
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Reported on DAILY SPORTSCAR this morning - Warren Hughes has signed for Quifel ASM and will be their third driver at Le Mans.
That is a fantastic sign, I am really please to see Warren back in car in 2010.