Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 1 Apr 2010, 10:00 (Ref:2664704)   #226
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
More likely Indy car racing has marginalised itself so much, it doesn't generate any interest.
I think that this isn't the problem of lack of Indycar in italian tv...in Italy, no form of motor racing is transmitted by television, except Formula 1...no NASCAR, no 24 hours of Le Mans, no WTCC, no GT...some of these are visible thanks to Eurosport, but they haven't visibility in pubblic, private, satellite, pay-per-view or digital italian televisions, including news...
Old 1 Apr 2010, 11:12 (Ref:2664740)   #227
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for correcting me on that. Just F1, amazing.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2664774)   #228
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arround here you have got NASCAR and ALMS in Speed TV, F1 and GP2 in FOX Sports and Indy (and sometimes NASCAR) in ESPN.

The cable operator I have got (way cheaper) doesnt have Speed TV so no NASCAR for me... I can live with that However I would like to see ALMS
Old 1 Apr 2010, 14:34 (Ref:2664847)   #229
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Sportscenter largely ignores IndyCar in Latin America, even though the channel broadcasts all races. Speed costs some US$ 8 /mo on top of the regular subscription in some Montevidean cable television providers - not mine. ESPN also broadcasts the MotoGP, stating this year in HD (for a premium, if available). TyC Sports shows Argentine TC, TC Pista, TC2000 and Copa Linea live - Top Race V6 And Top Race Junior switched to América in Argentina this year and therefore disappeared from Uruguay, despite the three Uruguayan drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belatti View Post
I saw it monday night, but you were probably watching the Argentine racing weekend resume in FOX at that same time
I follow Lie To Me on Fox at that time, so I miss Tano's show except during commercial breaks. And the last few times, football matches were shown instead of it. Anyway, I missed Lie To Me last Monday because the only television with cable at home was occupied.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2664892)   #230
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
so I miss Tano's show except during commercial breaks.
That old fart really annoys me, I cant stand him talking nonsense all the time in F1 transmissions. He continues saying F1 cars are inverted airplanes and then the comercials

I watch F1 in TV O Globo from Brazil, full race with no comercials and then arround tuesday I download BBC transmission to watch the race again, during the week. I like the gridwalks they do

What I dont like about ESPN in Indy races is, again, the comercial... they last too long and sometimes they show products that noone who watchs Indy would care to buy... not counting the other ESPN shows... but at least but they try to put them during the yellow flags.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 00:34 (Ref:2665182)   #231
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Without the Tano, watching F1 would be much, much more enjoyable.

ESPN should use banners during race broadcasting, like in football matches. Americans get the same annoying breaks as us.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 00:33 (Ref:2665657)   #232
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
About a week ago I watched the 1994 season; it was a cracking season and would be so good for Indycar racing to be able to achieve that again. What we saw on Monday was good but pales in comparison. Maybe the powers that be in Indycar today should watch these races, just so they can see how it was done and get some inspiration because quite frankly the IRL as a series is fairly uninspiring.
? Last season was awesome and so far we've had 2 great races. I never saw the 1994 season but I do watch F1 and Indy is MUCH more exciting than that is atm.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 01:28 (Ref:2665668)   #233
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmotd View Post
? Last season was awesome and so far we've had 2 great races. I never saw the 1994 season but I do watch F1 and Indy is MUCH more exciting than that is atm.
Do yourself a favour and watch it.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2665856)   #234
cmotd
Racer

Australia
cmotd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do yourself a favour and watch it.
love to, but how?
Old 3 Apr 2010, 10:22 (Ref:2665867)   #235
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
You can watch or download the highlights of the 1994 season from YouTube.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2666021)   #236
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Sportscenter largely ignores IndyCar in Latin America, even though the channel broadcasts all races. Speed costs some US$ 8 /mo on top of the regular subscription in some Montevidean cable television providers - not mine. ESPN also broadcasts the MotoGP, stating this year in HD (for a premium, if available). TyC Sports shows Argentine TC, TC Pista, TC2000 and Copa Linea live - Top Race V6 And Top Race Junior switched to América in Argentina this year and therefore disappeared from Uruguay, despite the three Uruguayan drivers.

I follow Lie To Me on Fox at that time, so I miss Tano's show except during commercial breaks. And the last few times, football matches were shown instead of it. Anyway, I missed Lie To Me last Monday because the only television with cable at home was occupied.
Something we have in common, then!