Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jul 2023, 19:40 (Ref:4169212)   #226
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
FIA reminding all that F1 is their train set. Strange release or statement to put out given that no-one commenting on rules has suggested that FIA has got it wrong or needs to change its process - especially given that the F1 Commission is not pure FIA but rather teams/FOM/FIA although if teams or FOM want changes, the FIA would still need to agree to those changes in the F1 Commission.
Old 20 Jul 2023, 20:42 (Ref:4169221)   #227
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
FIA reminding all that F1 is their train set. Strange release or statement to put out given that no-one commenting on rules has suggested that FIA has got it wrong or needs to change its process - especially given that the F1 Commission is not pure FIA but rather teams/FOM/FIA although if teams or FOM want changes, the FIA would still need to agree to those changes in the F1 Commission.

To me it smacks of the way that certain countries are governed; no-one is permitted to have views that do not accord with the views of that country's rulers.
Old 20 Jul 2023, 21:17 (Ref:4169226)   #228
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Agree it is a weird statement to put out. Why did they feel the need to do so?

Richard
Old 20 Jul 2023, 23:11 (Ref:4169234)   #229
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
To me it smacks of the way that certain countries are governed; no-one is permitted to have views that do not accord with the views of that country's rulers.
Or they can have the views but are not permitted to express those views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Agree it is a weird statement to put out. Why did they feel the need to do so?

Richard
Don't know why but I guess triggered by various comments from a number of parties about engine regs, cars being too big, heavy etc.

Personally I don't see an issue with views being expressed publicly (& good luck trying to stop it in any case) but the FIA almost seems to be saying that the only place for those views is behind the closed doors of the F1 Commission.
Old 21 Jul 2023, 00:41 (Ref:4169239)   #230
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I hate that I am thinking the same thing. I know there is some regulations around being overly critical and "bringing the sport into disrepute", but open conversations about current and future regulations is not that. Maybe the new leadership is struggling with that level of critical, but fair free speech.

I see no positive from making the statement they made. It shows weakness or lack of confidence and is frankly embarrassing.

Richard
Old 21 Jul 2023, 13:53 (Ref:4169303)   #231
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The sub-heading of the article says: ''The FIA has insisted that Formula 1’s rules processes must be followed to the letter, amid a wave of recent high-profile calls for change.''

Having read the article, I get the impression that the FIA are feeling just little bit undermined, in the wake of the recent remarks suggesting change and that all the FIA are doing, is reminding everyone involved in F1 that there is a certain way of doing things.

"The FIA stresses that while it welcomes opinions from stakeholders, the regulatory powers over all FIA championships - including the FIA Formula 1 world championship - are vested in the FIA.

Any technical, sporting or financial sanctions and/or amendments to such regulations will follow due process."
Old 21 Jul 2023, 14:36 (Ref:4169315)   #232
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In other words, bj, don't speak out of turn; we know where you (not you personally, bj, but them others) live.
Old 21 Jul 2023, 14:48 (Ref:4169317)   #233
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I get the impression that the FIA are feeling just little bit undermined
Right? What are they worried about? A coup d'etat? We are nowhere near talk of a break away series!!!

Another idea... You have someone like Audi who just negotiated a lot of things around the power unit regulations. And are uncomfortable with all of this talk. They go to the FIA and say? WTF? Get your house in order! But that really doesn't ring true to me because it is clear that the way this works and had worked for a long time is that if anyone is unhappy about something, they use the media as the mouthpiece for their concerns/issues not crying to the FIA.

Richard
Old 21 Jul 2023, 15:14 (Ref:4169320)   #234
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Right? What are they worried about? A coup d'etat? We are nowhere near talk of a break away series!!!

Another idea... You have someone like Audi who just negotiated a lot of things around the power unit regulations. And are uncomfortable with all of this talk. They go to the FIA and say? WTF? Get your house in order! But that really doesn't ring true to me because it is clear that the way this works and had worked for a long time is that if anyone is unhappy about something, they use the media as the mouthpiece for their concerns/issues not crying to the FIA.

Richard

It's the use of the media that the FIA don't like, which makes them feel undermined. Whether they like it or not, the media isn't going to go away and there will always be speculation and discussion, which the media will exploit because it sells.
Old 21 Jul 2023, 16:09 (Ref:4169326)   #235
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It's the use of the media that the FIA don't like, which makes them feel undermined. Whether they like it or not, the media isn't going to go away and there will always be speculation and discussion, which the media will exploit because it sells.

I think that a lot of it is due to the changes at the top.

In days gone by, teams and other interested parties could speak to Bernie who had the ear of Mosley. The we had Todt, still with Bernie "running" things whilst Todt was extremely pliant and almost invisible as far as F1 was concerned.

Now we have the new regime who appear to consider that F1 should be governed by diktats from on high with, it seems, no discreet channels to the rules makers. So, they use the media to get attention.
Old 21 Jul 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4169330)   #236
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
In days gone by, teams and other interested parties could speak to Bernie who had the ear of Mosley. Then we had Todt, still with Bernie "running" things whilst Todt was extremely pliant and almost invisible as far as F1 was concerned.
Yes, sure, you're right, Mike. Well done, good words. https://www.distancefromto.net/dista...va-to-paris-fr https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Maranello/Geneva
Old 30 Jul 2023, 00:31 (Ref:4170484)   #237
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn’t look long for a suitable thread.

https://twitter.com/jeantodt/status/...243503616?s=61
Old 30 Jul 2023, 11:18 (Ref:4170564)   #238
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I didn’t look long for a suitable thread.

https://twitter.com/jeantodt/status/...243503616?s=61
Didn't realize they were unmarried until recently.

Richard
Old 4 Aug 2023, 07:18 (Ref:4171279)   #239
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Charming, so romantic and "chummy" I'd say… Thanks for sharing.
Old 8 Aug 2023, 14:43 (Ref:4171878)   #240
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well obviously him working in F1 for so long meant he hasn’t had time till now. So now he can focus on his own personal life
Old 8 Aug 2023, 21:08 (Ref:4171904)   #241
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well obviously him working in F1 for so long meant he hasn’t had time till now. So now he can focus on his own personal life
Not sure if it is the "obvious" reason. They have been a couple for nearly 20 years. I think if they had both agreed to get married, it could have happened at any point during that time.

Richard
Old 9 Aug 2023, 22:06 (Ref:4172024)   #242
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it’s the best reason I can think of. He didn’t find the time before and now he has
Old 9 Aug 2023, 23:25 (Ref:4172030)   #243
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well it’s the best reason I can think of. He didn’t find the time before and now he has
Only they know. And they both have been busy, not just him. I found an article that had some quote that was effectively them always pushing it off and eventually felt it was ridiculous to continue to do so. Or something to that effect.

Richard
Old 10 Aug 2023, 08:06 (Ref:4172045)   #244
S griffin
Veteran

It’s funny, but I open this thread while the theme to Tomorrow Never Dies is playing on my iPod, a film that the now Mrs Todt appeared in
Old 10 Aug 2023, 08:19 (Ref:4172048)   #245
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Didn't she appear with Jet Li in Kung Fu Panda too? JT was executive producer of The Lady by Luc Besson I think.
Old 17 Aug 2023, 18:04 (Ref:4173127)   #246
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I am not sure if there is a separate thread for Massas new claim on the 2008 title (the forum search function on a phone is horrible) but it looks like he has assembled a legal team and the case is progressing…

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...itle/10508519/

I am not sure what to make of this, whether it’s a classless move or whether Massa is in the right to dig this up again? I am kinda in two minds about it.
Old 17 Aug 2023, 18:13 (Ref:4173129)   #247
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I am not sure what to make of this, whether it’s a classless move or whether Massa is in the right to dig this up again? I am kinda in two minds about it.
can sympathise where he is coming from but same for me.
Old 17 Aug 2023, 18:20 (Ref:4173131)   #248
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
After 15 years he still hasn't let it go.
Old 17 Aug 2023, 18:52 (Ref:4173137)   #249
Richard C
Veteran

Someone, maybe me, posted about this a few months ago. I think it depends upon what Massa is looking to get out of all of this. Is he looking to be crowned the 2008 champion? If so, that is not going to work. Is he looking to make the entire thing painful enough that more controls are put in place to prevent future cover ups? That might be a small victory. But regardless, he is dragging himself through the mud a bit.

I do get a kick that Bernie is all of a sudden having memory problems around this topic. I can imagine he has some purposeful selective amnesia at times.

Richard
Old 17 Aug 2023, 19:48 (Ref:4173142)   #250
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
My guess: $$$$