Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Sep 2002, 14:34 (Ref:389842)   #226
the18racer
Rookie

the18racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Stoffer,
There was so much going on that I don't think we managed to tell you half of the war stories. Motor racing always requires a degree of lateral thinking, doesn't it? Tank tape has to be the most useful substance ever invented.
Old 27 Sep 2002, 15:02 (Ref:389871)   #227
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by the18racer
Hi Stoffer,
There was so much going on that I don't think we managed to tell you half of the war stories. Motor racing always requires a degree of lateral thinking, doesn't it? Tank tape has to be the most useful substance ever invented.

Hi there you two! (Letter in post to you, Stoffer - good old fashioned snail mail!). Hope you've gotten over your cold, '18', because I've now got the damn thing! Been laid up for 2 days! I have some pics for you, by the way, including one (yes, just one) of you in the 'D'.
Old 27 Sep 2002, 15:10 (Ref:389884)   #228
the18racer
Rookie

the18racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great! And I'm sorry about the lurgy. Scott didn't get it, which must mean that a glass of cider over your head is a sure-fire prophylactic against the common cold.
Old 27 Sep 2002, 15:11 (Ref:389887)   #229
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by the18racer
Great! And I'm sorry about the lurgy. Scott didn't get it, which must mean that a glass of cider over your head is a sure-fire prophylactic against the common cold.

Nice one. (But I'd rather drink it, personally!).

(Check your PM box, by the way).

Last edited by Aysedasi; 27 Sep 2002 at 15:18.
Old 27 Sep 2002, 17:07 (Ref:389995)   #230
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry for the cold you caught, pals, not sure cider is adaptated... I'll take care of mine with a fine 1988 Clos du Marquis (Saint Julien) that should please to Stoffer
Old 2 Oct 2002, 11:47 (Ref:393928)   #231
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Allegedly Eurosport have an hour of highlights at 5 pm UK tonight Wednesday repeated at 930 am tomorrow Thursday
Old 3 Oct 2002, 05:27 (Ref:394627)   #232
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by josvandeperre
Allegedly Eurosport have an hour of highlights at 5 pm UK tonight Wednesday repeated at 930 am tomorrow Thursday
5pm ? 9am ? What do they think ? That we're all retired ?
Old 3 Oct 2002, 08:17 (Ref:394708)   #233
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
They lied - it was a repeat of their June preview - sorry
Old 4 Oct 2002, 06:02 (Ref:395461)   #234
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
"You may say I'm a dreamer..." but do you think we could expect a DVD about the Classic week-end ? Even a simple one ? Please mister Duke !!!

I missed all the Eurosport hours for the Classic reports...

Last edited by Fab; 4 Oct 2002 at 06:03.
Old 4 Oct 2002, 16:39 (Ref:395882)   #235
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
"You may say I'm a dreamer..." but do you think we could expect a DVD about the Classic week-end ? Even a simple one ? Please mister Duke !!!

I missed all the Eurosport hours for the Classic reports...
A marvellous idea, my friend, but I didn't notice many TV cameras around the circuit all over the weekend - did you?
Old 7 Oct 2002, 07:17 (Ref:397308)   #236
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
A marvellous idea, my friend, but I didn't notice many TV cameras around the circuit all over the weekend - did you?
I had eyes only for the cars but no, I saw nothing
Old 7 Oct 2002, 09:30 (Ref:397353)   #237
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
Strange really when they are shown as one of the sponsors of the event !
Old 8 Oct 2002, 17:17 (Ref:398501)   #238
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by josvandeperre
Strange really when they are shown as one of the sponsors of the event !
And just think how fabulous that footage would have been - particularly of some of those glorious old cars on the circuit during the night. A great opportunity missed, it would seem.
Old 8 Oct 2002, 17:30 (Ref:398518)   #239
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When Eurosport is mentioned, sayings involving parties and breweries spring readily to mind.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 07:05 (Ref:398962)   #240
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The photo that Fab took of me in the ACO grandstand in Stoffer's hat is now gracing the foyer of Epsom Playhouse where I am working this week. Everyone loves it, even I don't think it's too bad, i.e. it looks something like me!

Thanks Fab! And thanks to Stoffer too for the loan of the hat!

FG
Old 9 Oct 2002, 07:38 (Ref:398993)   #241
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is an excellent article in the latest issue of Evo by Mark Hales about driving in the LM Classic.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 11:45 (Ref:399180)   #242
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For some more photos of this years classic have a look at www.filmspeed.co.uk this is a commercial operation but it has loads of thumbnails to look at.
Old 13 Oct 2002, 07:49 (Ref:402448)   #243
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
The photo that Fab took of me in the ACO grandstand in Stoffer's hat is now gracing the foyer of Epsom Playhouse where I am working this week. Everyone loves it, even I don't think it's too bad, i.e. it looks something like me!

Thanks Fab! And thanks to Stoffer too for the loan of the hat!

FG
So much honour for me ! It's the first time that one of my shots is usefull !
Old 13 Oct 2002, 08:23 (Ref:402500)   #244
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

So much honour for me ! It's the first time that one of my shots is usefull !

Not true!
Old 13 Oct 2002, 08:33 (Ref:402512)   #245
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Not true!
Old 14 Oct 2002, 13:40 (Ref:403840)   #246
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Who's coming (for the moment !)

David Legangneux has updated the possible 2003 entry list :

http://lmspm.ifrance.com/lmspm/24auto03/index.htm

What do you think ? Two MG in the LMP 675 category ? Sounds good to me !

And I love to see those three Bentleys against the three private Audis... oh boy !

But not enough Judd Courages at my taste...

Last edited by Fab; 14 Oct 2002 at 13:42.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 16:23 (Ref:403989)   #247
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Who the hell is that!!!

(You swine, Monsieur Fabrice!!)
Old 14 Oct 2002, 16:24 (Ref:403992)   #248
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Re: Who's coming (for the moment !)

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
David Legangneux has updated the possible 2003 entry list :

http://lmspm.ifrance.com/lmspm/24auto03/index.htm

What do you think ? Two MG in the LMP 675 category ? Sounds good to me !

And I love to see those three Bentleys against the three private Audis... oh boy !

But not enough Judd Courages at my taste...
He's getting in early again, then?

If you don't mind, Fab, I'll move this post to the Le Mans 2003 thread......
Old 15 Oct 2002, 04:55 (Ref:404432)   #249
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Re: Re: Who's coming (for the moment !)

Quote:
He's getting in early again, then?

If you don't mind, Fab, I'll move this post to the Le Mans 2003 thread......
Yes, I made a mistake (again )... but it's useless now, Rdjones posted it already at the right place...

Last edited by Fab; 15 Oct 2002 at 04:55.
Old 15 Oct 2002, 04:57 (Ref:404433)   #250
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Who the hell is that!!!
This is not bad, I think ? :confused:

Quote:
(You swine, Monsieur Fabrice!!)
Need my morning lesson... am I assimilated here to a pink animal with a small queue ?

Last edited by Fab; 15 Oct 2002 at 05:05.