Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: So who is going to win it!
Lewis Hamilton 20 48.78%
Kimi Raikkonen 12 29.27%
Fernando Alonso 9 21.95%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Oct 2007, 18:12 (Ref:2029183)   #226
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Are you Wes Graves in disguise?
Following that link the other day to that article...
Old 2 Oct 2007, 18:51 (Ref:2029222)   #227
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Fletche
Ron should do something about it.
Like tell Fernando where to stick his e-mails or get him a bigger teddy to throw.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 20:25 (Ref:2031291)   #228
Saintric
Rookie

Saintric has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
how likely is it now Alonso, who has nothing to lose (and there is a slight chance these are his last 2 races for Rons team) will drive over the limit of fairness? pulling outrageous moves on Hamilton, holding him up to put him into traffic, throwing sand in Hamiltons eyes before the race ect ect
Old 4 Oct 2007, 22:35 (Ref:2031397)   #229
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintric
how likely is it now Alonso, who has nothing to lose (and there is a slight chance these are his last 2 races for Rons team) will drive over the limit of fairness? pulling outrageous moves on Hamilton, holding him up to put him into traffic,
Should Fernando try this, then he will lose out, as he's the one who is behind Lewis in the points table. All Lewis would have to do is "not move over", both go out, Fernando can't catch Lewis, so your theory falls flat.

I hate to use this example, and hope it doesn't take the thread "off-topic", but it is the ideal example to use. Adelaide 1994, the only reason Michael could "defend his corner" is because he was 1 point ahead of Damon in the championship. 1 point behind and he may aswell have stayed on the grass verge after hitting the wall.

So, i'd say that Lewis is likely to be "more robust" than Fernando as Fernando has more to lose by being involved in an incident than Lewis. (providing the incident is between the 2 drivers of course)
Old 5 Oct 2007, 18:13 (Ref:2032246)   #230
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
I never understand these posts. Why in heavens name would you want him to do that? Not attacking you just an observation I am interested to know..
I just have a severe dislike towards him, that's all
Old 5 Oct 2007, 18:14 (Ref:2032248)   #231
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
100% correct as usual Mr V.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:34 (Ref:2033609)   #232
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks to Lewis Hamilton's unfathomable brain fade in Shanghai, the World Championship tables read like this going into the final race in Brazil:

Lewis Hamilton: 107
Fernando Alonso: 103
Kimi Raikkonen: 100

Tiebreaker figures are as follows after sixteen rounds:

Wins: Raikkonen 5, Hamilton 4, Alonso 4
Seconds: Hamilton 5, Alonso 4
Thirds: Hamilton 3, Alonso 3
Fourths: Hamilton 1, Alonso 1
Fifths: Hamilton 1, Alonso 1
Sevenths: Alonso 2, Hamilton 0

Raikkonen can mathematically win the championship on a tiebreaker by number of victories. This tiebreaker occurs in the following scenarios:
Raikkonen wins, Hamilton finishes sixth, and Alonso finishes third or worse
Raikkonen finishes second, Hamilton finishes eighth, and Alonso finishes fourth or worse
Raikkonen finishes second, Alonso finishes fourth, and Hamilton finishes ninth or worse

Alonso can mathematically win the championship on a tiebreaker by number of victories if he wins. This tiebreaker occurs in the following scenario:
Alonso wins, and Hamilton finishes third

Alonso can also mathematically win the championship on a tiebreaker by number of seventh-place finishes if he finishes second. This tiebreaker occurs in the following scenario:
Alonso finishes second, and Hamilton finishes fifth

Hamilton can mathematically win the championship on a tiebreaker by number of second-place finishes if Alonso does not finish second. This tiebreaker occurs in the following scenarios:
Alonso finishes third, and Hamilton finishes seventh
Alonso finishes fourth, Hamilton finishes eighth, and Raikkonen finishes third or worse

If Raikkonen finishes second, Alonso fourth, and Hamilton eighth, it will create a three-way tie in the championship standings, with each driver scoring 108 points. In this scenario, Raikkonen takes the championship on number of victories, and Hamilton finishes runner-up on number of second-place finishes; Alonso is classified third.

Last edited by Fish_Flake; 7 Oct 2007 at 08:43.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:36 (Ref:2033614)   #233
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
McLaren drivers collide in Brazil, Raikkonen sweeps in with a Ferrari 1-2.

I haven't cheered on Ferrari in nigh on 10 years!!!
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:37 (Ref:2033615)   #234
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So here we are then:
Hamilton - 107
Alonso - 103
Raikkonen -100

One race to go, the best thing is the championship is going to Brazil with two guys in a realistic chance for the championship and one outsider. I reckon it will still be Hamilton just! However it looks promising for Alonso. He has to win and Hamilton finish fourth which is a possibility. Ofcourse if Ferrari turn up with the kind of pace they had last year then that's out the window. Slightly more difficult for Kimi. He needs disaster to strike both Mclarens but you never know i guess. This championship has swung race in race out so i wouldn't rule anything out.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:38 (Ref:2033622)   #235
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1manoz

Ditto

I'll be happy with whoever wins. Mainly because it would be hilarious if either Kimi or Fernando wins just to see the look on Ron's face
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:41 (Ref:2033627)   #236
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
McLaren drivers collide, Massa sweeps in with a Ferrari 1-2, Kimi wins title by 1 point
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:42 (Ref:2033630)   #237
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
come on guys...Lewis will still do it. He's proved he can race, qualify on pole, and win races he doesn't know...and he's got a 4 point lead over the next guy - his teammate in equal equipment (and lately the arguably lesser strategy...and I don't see that changing for Brazil)...going to a track that will suit the McLarens better than Ferrari....so Lewis will finish at least second if not first. The only way I see Lewis coming 3rd in Brazil is if Kimi pulls a stunner to win in Brazil...denying Fernando of the margin over Lewis.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind it in the least bit if the two mclarens took each other out and Kimi won the title! He would fully deserve it, after hauling himself back up to this stage, and coming so close to 3 titles including this one.

It's not going to happen though...Lewis will take the title in Brazil - without having to even win the race....like Fernando last year!
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:43 (Ref:2033632)   #238
WapFlap
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
WapFlap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
Ditto

I'll be happy with whoever wins. Mainly because it would be hilarious if either Kimi or Fernando wins just to see the look on Ron's face
hehe indeed, did you saw that footage that Ron was making that pushing gesture behind his TV screen Looked a bit hilarious to me.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:46 (Ref:2033636)   #239
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi has one advantage though. Ferrari can use Massa to ram both Mclarens of the road during the start.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:48 (Ref:2033642)   #240
Mr V
Veteran

England
Wasn't that what everyone was saying with regards to Michael's championship chances last year, then, no-one saw Felipe again in the race, Fernando won the title
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:49 (Ref:2033643)   #241
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottiella
To be honest, I wouldn't mind it in the least bit if the two mclarens took each other out and Kimi won the title! He would fully deserve it, after hauling himself back up to this stage, and coming so close to 3 titles including this one.
He has been the man of the 2nd half of the season. If only he had woken up earlier for his sake. Kimi however may well be looking back at the Nurburgring as his undoing. Again!
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:50 (Ref:2033645)   #242
Chaos81
Racer

United States
Chaos81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I haven't cheered Ferrari on once in my 26 years, and don't plan to start anytime soon.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 09:03 (Ref:2033659)   #243
pottiella
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Wasn't that what everyone was saying with regards to Michael's championship chances last year, then, no-one saw Felipe again in the race, Fernando won the title
True...but at the same time it was Renault vs Ferrari where Ferrari had a distinct advantage over Renault at Interlagos in 2006 - but now its McLaren vs Ferrari and on the same tyres, McLaren has a narrow advantage as they have always been good at brazil even without a good car. It's a bit like Monza really...Renault didnt have the pace of Ferrari, but McLaren are always good there...yet had a rubbish car last year...not this year though!

Massa did his job well today, and you have to say in retrospect, that if he didn't manage to hold off Alonso for so long, Alonso might have actually stolen the lead of the race at some point, at least being faster than Ferrari at times, and he would have definitely been a lot close to Kimi. It will have made all the difference...because now Kimi got the 2 points extra that Alonso needed, putting Kimi in a better position for the title, and Alonso in a less than perfect position considering he could have been only 2 points adrift of Lewis....and thus Lewis has a better chance at holding off Alonso for the title.

So really...what I'm trying to say is...Massa's playing an excellent supportive role...for Lewis!!!
Old 7 Oct 2007, 09:04 (Ref:2033660)   #244
Patrick Fletche
Racer

Patrick Fletche has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottiella
come on guys...Lewis will still do it. He's proved he can race, qualify on pole, and win races he doesn't know...and he's got a 4 point lead over the next guy - his teammate in equal equipment (and lately the arguably lesser strategy...and I don't see that changing for Brazil)...going to a track that will suit the McLarens better than Ferrari....so Lewis will finish at least second if not first. The only way I see Lewis coming 3rd in Brazil is if Kimi pulls a stunner to win in Brazil...denying Fernando of the margin over Lewis.

It's not going to happen though...Lewis will take the title in Brazil - without having to even win the race....like Fernando last year!
Kimi is the form driver, no doubt about that. He has had a run of great results despite not having the best car.
This time it is not just speed. He really seems to be using his racing skills, as in Japan.
Must be favourite for the WDC next year.

My current driver rankings.
1) Kimi, see above.
2) Button, I am sure he has overtaken more people than anyone else this season. Making a dog of a car look half reasonable. A reasonably good Honda would give him podiums.
3) Vettel. Best of the rookies. A superstar in the making.
4) Alonso. Not got the edge of previous seasons. I think he has let things get to him. If he starts next year with a clear mind he could be back at number one. There again he could still very easily win this year's WDC.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 09:24 (Ref:2033675)   #245
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
McLaren drivers collide, Massa sweeps in with a Ferrari 1-2, Kimi wins title by 1 point
That wouldn't be too bad either.

Mostly I'd just like Alonso or Kimi to win it after the ridiculous comments Ecclestone made the other day about why they shouldn't be World Champions this year.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 09:33 (Ref:2033690)   #246
pottiella
Veteran

Quote:
That wouldn't be too bad either.

Mostly I'd just like Alonso or Kimi to win it after the ridiculous comments Ecclestone made the other day about why they shouldn't be World Champions this year.
yeah, I feel much the same way. Bernies comments were ridiculous on so many levels..including grossly patronizing to millions of long term fans who have enjoyed the sport for various reasons before his supposed "Saviour of F1" came along. The comments really annoyed me...
Old 7 Oct 2007, 09:53 (Ref:2033714)   #247
Baroche
Rookie

Baroche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Fletche

(1) Kimi is the form driver

3) Vettel. Best of the rookies. A superstar in the making.
(1) Kimi is showing good form, but I would like to see Kimi produce this same form when it actually means something. He is racing without much pressure.

(2) Vettel is the best of the rookies?? really? What planet have you been on the last 8 months?
Old 7 Oct 2007, 12:02 (Ref:2033856)   #248
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agreed Baroche, it's a bit late to be the form man now. Too little too late Kimi and he is relying on luck still.

Who'll win now then...well, I still feel Lewis has a decisive edge. It really depends how the cars compare at Brazil though. If McLaren have the advantage I suspect they will, then Lewis can just settle for second and let Alonso race away.

If Ferrari have the advantage, Lewis will again win it as he will only need a top four finish.

What is worrying for me is the prospect of the McLarens getting together and letting Kimi sneak it. I would feel very, very ill if that were to happen as Kimi's season long performance has not been on a par with the McLaren drivers. McLaren have not had the best car but they've made the most of everything pretty much all of the time.

And what will the weather bring us at Interlagos?
Old 7 Oct 2007, 12:17 (Ref:2033879)   #249
cobra77
Rookie

cobra77 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have a feeling that Hamilton might have a hard time at Interlagos, but he's lucky that they have fixed the surface the last two years. If it rains Lewis will have more trouble because he lacks experience of the track.

I think Kimi's "form" is more up to getting used to the package more than anything else. Also I think everyone needs some luck or more that you need the other drivers to be "unlucky" if you have had retirements yourself.

Hamilton has not had a mechanical failure in the race yet, that is also a possibility in the last race. Also pressure HAS to be mounting up on Lewis no matter how cool he seems. We are in for a very exciting race in Brazil (can't wait)
Old 7 Oct 2007, 12:18 (Ref:2033880)   #250
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Brazil should suit Lewis' driving style though I reckon. You can throw it around on the nose a lot there.

One way or another, it will be exciting. Nerve jangling. Thrilling.