Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Mar 2022, 08:59 (Ref:4104752)   #2476
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Proctor have the £££ for the seat given he probably had a discount in 2021 after Crees pulled out.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 09:29 (Ref:4104755)   #2477
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Either TSL are not providing live timings or no cars have gone on track yet, even though it went live for them at 09.10. Although they were showing, but no longer, a hybrid Mercedes as having done 6 laps before returning to the pits.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 09:40 (Ref:4104756)   #2478
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Either TSL are not providing live timings or no cars have gone on track yet, even though it went live for them at 09.10. Although they were showing, but no longer, a hybrid Mercedes as having done 6 laps before returning to the pits.
Foggy at Donny, so I don't think they are out yet..
Old 29 Mar 2022, 09:40 (Ref:4104757)   #2479
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Commentary is suspended, seems like nothing on track yet.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 09:43 (Ref:4104758)   #2480
Squiggs
Rookie

Squiggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They're out now... For how long remains to be seen...
Old 29 Mar 2022, 09:44 (Ref:4104759)   #2481
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The second Motorbase pair (Jackson and Osborne) confirmed as 'Apec Racing with Beavis Morgan'. Red/Black livery:

No need to go to a studio for 'arty' shots, just take your images early on a foggy day.

And confirmation of Cook in at BTC.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 10:03 (Ref:4104760)   #2482
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Is that you with a new account Mr Plato?
Old 29 Mar 2022, 10:53 (Ref:4104765)   #2483
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The second Motorbase pair (Jackson and Osborne) confirmed as 'Apec Racing with Beavis Morgan'. Red/Black livery:

No need to go to a studio for 'arty' shots, just take your images early on a foggy day.

And confirmation of Cook in at BTC.
If you look at the sponsors, partners and backing Pete Osborne has brought across the four Motorbase entries - hats off, the envy of many teams on he pitlane, no doubt.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 11:08 (Ref:4104766)   #2484
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Even after the way Proctor performed last year compared to Plato?
Yeah would be disappointed if Proctor were to go in place of Plato.

But looks like it's headed that way.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 11:14 (Ref:4104767)   #2485
Crazyknight
Rookie

Crazyknight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plato’s on the timing screens today anyway
Old 29 Mar 2022, 11:28 (Ref:4104768)   #2486
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like Dan Lloyd's car has been given the same (sponsorless) livery as the Tom Hyundais.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 11:51 (Ref:4104769)   #2487
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Looks like Dan Lloyd's car has been given the same (sponsorless) livery as the Tom Hyundais.
Excelr8, BTC, Dynamics, BTC, HARD and Laser Tools are all running plain liveries. It's testing, we shouldn't be that surprised.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 12:55 (Ref:4104779)   #2488
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 still unknown

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Gordon Shedden
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Dan Rowbottom

Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Josh Cook

Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Jason Plato ?
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Jade Edwards

BMW 330 - WSR - Colin Turkington
BMW 330 - WSR - Stephen Jelley
BMW 330 - WSR (Rokit) - Jake Hill

BMW 330 - Ciceley - Adam Morgan
BMW 330 - Ciceley - George Gamble

Hyundai i30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Tom Ingram
Hyundai i30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Dan Lloyd
Hyundai i30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Tom Chilton
Hyundai i30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Jack Butel

Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Dan Cammish
Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Ash Sutton
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Sam Osborne
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Ollie Jackson

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Rory Butcher

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Ricky Collard ?

Cupra Leon - HARD - Jack Goff
Cupra Leon - HARD - Árón Taylor-Smith
Cupra Leon - HARD - Bobby Thompson

Cupra Leon - HARD - ?????
Infiniti Q50 - HARD - Rick Parfitt Jr

Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Aiden Moffat
Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Dexter Patterson

Vauxhall Astra - PMR - Michael Crees

Vauxhall Astra - PMR - Jac Constable ??
Old 29 Mar 2022, 13:04 (Ref:4104782)   #2489
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Excelr8, BTC, Dynamics, BTC, HARD and Laser Tools are all running plain liveries. It's testing, we shouldn't be that surprised.
Yes obviously. Point was it looks like Lloyd and Butel will be running the same livery as Ingram and Chilton.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 13:30 (Ref:4104785)   #2490
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes obviously. Point was it looks like Lloyd and Butel will be running the same livery as Ingram and Chilton.
Ah sorry, hadn't realised that was what you were referring to. I guess the Chilgram livery is more of a background pattern for a selection of sponsor names rather than the design/colour of a single sponsor so no reason it couldn't be used on other cars with a different set of sponsor names.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 13:42 (Ref:4104789)   #2491
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Ah sorry, hadn't realised that was what you were referring to. I guess the Chilgram livery is more of a background pattern for a selection of sponsor names rather than the design/colour of a single sponsor so no reason it couldn't be used on other cars with a different set of sponsor names.
https://www.excelr8motorsport.com/br...lr8-btcc-team/

'The four-strong team, including experienced race winners Tom Ingram and Tom Chilton, will feature Bristol Street Motors branding on its cars, race suits and helmets as a result of the partnership.

Award-winning online van retailer Vansdirect – which is part of the same Vertu Motors group as Bristol Street Motors – will also increase its support for the team, and will back all four cars entered by EXCELR8 during the season ahead.'
Old 29 Mar 2022, 14:32 (Ref:4104793)   #2492
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Fair play to Excelr8, they did well to keep Tingram. Chilton was a no brainer, he had nowhere else to go. Of course they've got the package, just need to sort the car out a bit more. But it should be fun to watch either way. It's the most interesting car on the grid for sure
Old 29 Mar 2022, 14:39 (Ref:4104796)   #2493
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW's seem to like the hybrid kit
Old 29 Mar 2022, 15:45 (Ref:4104799)   #2494
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top 5 times are under the race lap record. Not bad for a first test with new setups.

CT was just over a tenth off the qualifying record too.

I know it’s a test so it’s not the best indicator but it’s good to see they’re close at least.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 17:19 (Ref:4104808)   #2495
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it me or does anyone else find it a bit odd that Plato and Collard tested today without official announcements of their signings? I know both teams would have wanted them in the cars and to test out the hybrid kit, but for us to find out by looking at the live timing was strange.

Collard was rumoured to be getting the Toyota seat so it didn't surprise me, but I just assumed Proctor would get the third BTC seat and that Plato would miss out this year.

Does this mean Proctor won't get a seat, or will he swap with Plato and partner Crees at PMR?
Old 29 Mar 2022, 17:34 (Ref:4104809)   #2496
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Proctor deserves a seat at a half-decent team at least, based on ability, but bear in mind he couldn’t put anything together for last season, and only managed to get a seat from round 4 onwards thanks to another driver dropping out, and the seat being available at a “cut price” (not quite as simple as that, but in very broad terms).

He would require some very strong backing to return for a seat at BMR.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 17:46 (Ref:4104811)   #2497
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestHam92 View Post
Is it me or does anyone else find it a bit odd that Plato and Collard tested today without official announcements of their signings? I know both teams would have wanted them in the cars and to test out the hybrid kit, but for us to find out by looking at the live timing was strange.
Maybe they are not signed - and so an announcement wouldn't have been possible?

Or, could they be pulling the wool, and we'll see Plato at Speedworks and Collard at BTC?
Old 29 Mar 2022, 17:57 (Ref:4104816)   #2498
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Maybe they are not signed - and so an announcement wouldn't have been possible?

Or, could they be pulling the wool, and we'll see Plato at Speedworks and Collard at BTC?
In that case, I'm going for Plato in a Team Hard Cupra!
Old 29 Mar 2022, 18:06 (Ref:4104818)   #2499
Evantra
Veteran

England
https://bit.ly/3iLA3TJ

Nice little gallery at the bottom.

New front aero for the BMW's makes them look a tiny bit 'gopping' to me.

And the Cupras in white look as aerodynamic as a brick wall! Didn't seem to get that many laps in either - Taylor Smith there but not on the timings? And No Thompson?

But the majority of the cars and liveries look great.

Last edited by Evantra; 29 Mar 2022 at 18:17.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 18:12 (Ref:4104819)   #2500
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Seriously I think the only definite we can take away from JP running in the Honda is that he is not returning at PMR.

Given he has been saying he wants to race if he still feels he can compete it could well be he wanted to look at the BTC option on the table. Or maybe BTC simply was after feedback, and with JP's years of experience he's surely able to provide valuable feedback.

I suspect the answer will present itself on media day, or a leak leading up to media day. Not long to wait...