Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 14 Aug 2009, 06:59 (Ref:2521171)   #2476
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niklas Falk View Post
It's not that far away
There is no other racing event in the whole of Sweden during the EuroBOSS-wekkend (A Ferrari playday at Knutstorp is the only one i can find).
The STCC is running this weekend (today and tomorrow) at Gelllråsen in Karlskoga, the Gothenburg Cityrace was in early June.

D
Have you any info-link? for this Gothenburg race Niklas? Have not heard of this,and Autosport normally reports Swedish TCC.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 08:45 (Ref:2521213)   #2477
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i was told of the street race by my swedish friend when i mentioned he could take his f1 car to EB race but he said he would be at street event plus it would split the spectator levels
Old 14 Aug 2009, 13:47 (Ref:2521367)   #2478
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's not that far away
There is no other racing event in the whole of Sweden during the EuroBOSS-wekkend (A Ferrari playday at Knutstorp is the only one i can find).
The STCC is running this weekend (today and tomorrow) at Gelllråsen in Karlskoga, the Gothenburg Cityrace was in early June.

I hope to see you in Anderstorp, I'm in a "Belgian blue" MX5 (one of the supporting classes).
The track record (1:24,836 Niki Lauda, Brabham-Alfa Romeo, 1978) must be beaten sometime
Is Anderstorp unchanged from 1978? If so and if it remains dry then Laudas lap record will be obliterated.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 14:06 (Ref:2521376)   #2479
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
Is Anderstorp unchanged from 1978? If so and if it remains dry then Laudas lap record will be obliterated.
And if it has changed since 1978, Laudas lap isn't the record anymore. (I think there where some modifications in late 90's)
Old 14 Aug 2009, 15:51 (Ref:2521415)   #2480
Niklas Falk
Rookie

Sweden
Gothenburg
Niklas Falk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
And if it has changed since 1978, Laudas lap isn't the record anymore. (I think there where some modifications in late 90's)
To my knowledge there have been no track modifications since the early 70's. The mods that was made was made early (for good reasons). Some newer tarmac of course but 60% is supposed to be original surface. But the info is 2-3rd hand and mostly from marshalling the Ronnie Peterson GP last year. To my knowledge the Lauda Lap record is still valid.
It was too wet two years ago, otherwise the Formula Masters would have snatched it (or so they claimed).

The Swedish TCC schedule can be seen here http://www.stcc.se/kalender/ no clash with next weekend.
The city race is not a normal city race (run on normal streets) but a purposely built track in the heart of the city (short and with no run-offs).

I can't seem to find any racing related (sanctioned or not) that could steel spectators (the few that exist) from the event. Only a couple of trackdays.

Last edited by Niklas Falk; 14 Aug 2009 at 16:17.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2521465)   #2481
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSSman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EuroBOSS @ Anderstorp 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
Abba Kogan was out in a CGA Engineering-run Williams FW07 at Donington, so I guess that's the same car.
I've just heard that Abba will not race in his Williams at Anderstorp!
He will now race for the 2nd time (after Brands Hatch 09) with the G-Force Indycar from Ryschka Motorsport.

A newest rumour says that Walter Colacino and Frits van Eerd can not race at Anderstorp...

Christian
EuroBOSS Series
Old 14 Aug 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2521481)   #2482
BOSSman
Veteran

EuroBOSS 2009

Henk (de Boer) tested yesterday his Panoz Champ Car DP01 for the EuroBOSS demonstration sessions at this Sunday's 'Bavaria City Racing' in the streets of Rotterdam/NL! Probably not really a 'legal' test...
(he has two DP01 cars, this car has a new and well-known colour scheme)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J_FHuDTYZE

Also there on Sunday for the EuroBOSS demo: Marijn van Kalmthout and Kelvin Snoeks. The organisers await ~500.000 spectators!

Christian
EuroBOSS Series
Old 14 Aug 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2521501)   #2483
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
What car does Kelvin Snoeks have?
Old 15 Aug 2009, 03:51 (Ref:2521678)   #2484
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tried to find that out...but even the guys that do his PR don't seem to know (or don't want to tell).

As it is a 3 minute walk from my appartment I'll have a look on Sunday.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 15:38 (Ref:2521892)   #2485
Erik
Rookie

Erik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Serious questions about Anderstorp

Hello
I've heard some things for a while now, and even been following this forum. in short:
* It seems that there wont be many cars starting at all there
* The track seems not to have the necessary amount of marshals, firefighters and so on, and therefore having trouble to get the authorization to race at all
* Obviously, the last race they tried to organise was cancelled just some days before the event itself, because it conflicted with the cityrace in gothenburg.
* There will be a pretty big ferrari and Maserati show day in Knutstorp, where even the royal family is going, and it will steal a lot of audience, also, there is a conflict with some kind of race on the course in linkoping
* Can The organisation pleas provide us with some kind of assurance that there will be a race at all!!
I wont go all the way to sweden for nothing!
Old 16 Aug 2009, 09:16 (Ref:2522221)   #2486
Niklas Falk
Rookie

Sweden
Gothenburg
Niklas Falk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.scandinavianraceway.info/eng/kontakt.asp would probably be a better channel than this forum (for reaching the organisers).

IMHO the race will happen, the weather seems to reasonable so far (some scattered showers but log term prognosis are what they are)

The PR effort is smaller than for the WTCC in 2007 or RP GP last year, that is true.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 09:18 (Ref:2522224)   #2487
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
* Can The organisation pleas provide us with some kind of assurance that there will be a race at all!!
I wont go all the way to sweden for nothing!
The event is on, we have no other informations!
(they have already printed the programmes, etc.)

I dont know how many starters the other series have, but that's also not our problem and interest. It is enough that we know how many cars we have or not have...

Christian
EuroBOSS Series
Old 16 Aug 2009, 09:54 (Ref:2522242)   #2488
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
The PR effort is smaller than for the WTCC in 2007 or RP GP last year, that is true.
For the PR efforts in Sweden I have no idea, but I can say from my point of view about the contacts with the organisers that they are definitely very enthusiastic to make this event succesful and that they put a lot of efforts in it, but like I said that is only my (non Swedish resident) outside view.

What is true, the schedule in total sounds boring for me and also not really so interesting to bring a big crowd to the circuit (last years RP GP was much better), but ok it is a test, the organisers invited us to come for the first time in EuroBOSS history to Anderstorp, they try their best (possibly a little bit too late after the cancelled event in June) and after the meeting we will see whether succesful or not!

Christian
EuroBOSS Series
Old 16 Aug 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2522263)   #2489
Erik
Rookie

Thanks Mr Falk, i've mailed them.

Christian, excactly how many cars will be there? There is said here on this forum that all on the list will not show up? How many can you confirm for 100% will be there?
Old 16 Aug 2009, 10:51 (Ref:2522272)   #2490
BOSSman
Veteran

Quote:
How many can you confirm for 100% will be there
Puhhh, I know the series very well and therefore I have really a problem to say how many cars will be there at the end, but if you want now urgently an answer then I would say 7 cars for 100% sure, a 10 car grid would be a big surprise for me. I think it is better to tell you the truth...

Christian
EuroBOSS Series
Old 16 Aug 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2522289)   #2491
driftwood
Veteran

sad that there will not be a god turn out for teh swedes im sure with some better planning by the drivers trucks etc next year can get more cars to sweden in less trucks to sva ecosts encourag eguys to run
this is a good example of having nice gap between races to allow cars drivers to make the effort to get to along trip event
what is said is that many swedes supported interserie racing 15-20 years ago why cant the euro uk guys return a simple compliment to run in sweden once a year or bi anually when there is NO clash with other events on same weekend an dmake the EB meeting a nice festval for teh swedes maybe with FFord race classic historic F3 FVl series they have some saloon gt support race
and maybe some guys can rent JR school car to make up the grid

can some one go give Johan a nudge see what he can offer a local guy to drive top make up teh numbers he has 3 f1 cars with f3000 motor rear ends
i kno wteher are 7 f1 cars in sweden norway region 1 in findland poss more
even if teh giys are not racers maybe get them along for 5 lap dmo drive or possibly of fback of teh grid demo drive so by the time leaders come to lap at race speeds these guys have pitted

it cant be that difficult to organis esomething better for next season
Old 16 Aug 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2522376)   #2492
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EuroBOSS demo was rather disappointing this afternoon...Henk de Boer and Marijn van Kalmthout were joined by Kelvin Snoeks in his International Formula Master car.

The Panoz DP01 did one full lap, while the Benetton came to a halt about 50% into the demo lap. Despite attempts to restart it the car would not fire up and was towed away by a safety truck.

That ended the demo...
Old 16 Aug 2009, 23:00 (Ref:2522648)   #2493
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
This is rather nicely presented.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs9upMYcK4U
Old 17 Aug 2009, 04:31 (Ref:2522751)   #2494
Erik
Rookie

Ok, so in short: It'll probably not be an event, and if it should be, there wont be many cars showing up, that's enough for me, i wont go there.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2522949)   #2495
Ringvall
Rookie

Ringvall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race in Anderstorp!

Quote:
Ok, so in short: It'll probably not be an event, and if it should be, there wont be many cars showing up, that's enough for me, i wont go there.

Hello
Thats is a very sad and bad attitude.

My myself I'm locking forward for a great weekend with a lot of great racing.
A lot of racing enthusiast will show up there both for driving and watching
the races.

I have been in in contact with the managment and volentereed as
functionary staff. We will work near the raceway.

I hope that everyone who read this will make up their mind and
show up for som great racing.
There have been advertising on the radio last week about the event
on Anderstorp.

...and serious... who give the f**k about the royal family and their Ferrari!

Anderstorp! Here i come!!

Old 17 Aug 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2522965)   #2496
driftwood
Veteran

who give the f**k about the royal family and their Ferrari! do you have a Tower in sweden that people are sent to?
Old 17 Aug 2009, 13:23 (Ref:2522979)   #2497
Ringvall
Rookie

Ringvall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
who give the f**k about the royal family and their Ferrari! do you have a Tower in sweden that people are sent to?
Nope, not in sweden. That sort of things only show up in England.

I qoute:
Quote:
* There will be a pretty big ferrari and Maserati show day in Knutstorp, where even the royal family is going, and it will steal a lot of audience, also,
Erik appears to be very interested in the Swedish royal family.
The only one in the family that is single is the Prince.
Maybe that is something for Erik if he want to go to Knutstorp.

I'll be in Anderstorp!!
Old 17 Aug 2009, 15:07 (Ref:2523052)   #2498
Bosse L
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden
Bosse L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooops, some little strange attitude in commets from some of my countrymens.
In fact, the marketing is there for the EuroBoss event, but if the impact also is there? Im not sure.
About the Swedish racingcalendar this weekend, there is a 8-hour Endurance race for saloons at Mantorp at saturday. but this is a national event on enthusiast racing level, lot of competitors, but not announced as a spectator event. I will race there at Saturday, then take the flag and go further to Anderstorp, to work with one of the national historic classes with their PR & media.
About the Ferrari days at Knutstorp, there is true the marketing is more on for this event. Ok they use the fact there the royal family will be there.
Look at Carrera Cup in STCC, where Prince Carl Philip is racing, and you have the answer why. Its all about to gain PR in a wide range.
If we hard core racing-nuts can learn to do that, we not always have to claim over that all the nasty football allwyas been at the front page.
And dont try me to belive that there is more royalistic in Sweden than in the country of Buckingham palace...
Its just a small different, there is no one from the Brittish royal family at the grid of a race, yet. But it maybe will come in the future?

About the track lay-out of Anderstorp. I can confirm that its unchanged since the F1 heydays. (I drove there then, but not in F1 , and I still do some races there sometimes ..)
Old 17 Aug 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2523063)   #2499
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Hansfords just had a chomp on my banana!
Old 18 Aug 2009, 16:36 (Ref:2523796)   #2500
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
I do wonder where Erik is from...if he only wants to see EuroBOSS and has to drive for hours, I can understand his comment.

If he's a local...i can not :P

Tags
cosworth, euroboss, judd, old f1 cars, single seater