Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Aug 2013, 01:32 (Ref:3290851)   #2576
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
There is more to an engine than straight line speed however... wher ethe top speed is reached, the driveability off the corners, the fuel mapping, the economy, are equally as important...
That's why i put "AND" in there, suggesting it wasn't all about straight line speed. Plus it's no good if you can't put it to the ground
Old 17 Aug 2013, 03:23 (Ref:3290868)   #2577
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman16 View Post
That's why i put "AND" in there, suggesting it wasn't all about straight line speed. Plus it's no good if you can't put it to the ground
Of course... but I look at the Nismo project, and see a quartet of cars the drivers rave about as having great handling , but poor straight line speed

Its just odd is all...
Old 18 Aug 2013, 00:23 (Ref:3291142)   #2578
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
Must be a case of trying to source that power across the entire rev range. I really thought Nissan would've been on top of it by now. Heard a few times about how good their GT3 and GT1 motors were. I know there would be more liberties given in those categories but still
Old 19 Aug 2013, 00:38 (Ref:3291525)   #2579
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My understanding is that the reason they are finding it hard to get the power out of it, is that the engine has to create its power in the same way the current pushrod v8's do. Ie it must create horsepower along a similar torque and rev curve.

Which I find a bit silly as I would think that an engine of a different configuration will create power differently.

Wouldn't the category be better off letting the new engines create power the best way for the engine and then using air restrictors to equalise the engines. They've been doing it in sportscar racing for years
Old 19 Aug 2013, 00:47 (Ref:3291527)   #2580
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Or... the team is not spending all of its resources on the engine program while there is some doubt (according to Speedcafe) that the title sponsor of the second pair of cars may return next season...
Old 19 Aug 2013, 06:33 (Ref:3291588)   #2581
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
My understanding is that the reason they are finding it hard to get the power out of it, is that the engine has to create its power in the same way the current pushrod v8's do. Ie it must create horsepower along a similar torque and rev curve.

Which I find a bit silly as I would think that an engine of a different configuration will create power differently.
Very true, however AMG seem to be finding engine performance quicker than Nissan at the moment by the looks
Old 19 Aug 2013, 06:42 (Ref:3291591)   #2582
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Very true, however AMG seem to be finding engine performance quicker than Nissan at the moment by the looks
It seems that the old SBRE is leading the way here, with new cam profiles, exhaust systems amongst other things coming out of Yatala rather than Germany...
Old 19 Aug 2013, 07:07 (Ref:3291604)   #2583
M Jones
Rookie

M Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Doesn't really seem that way to me. I'd say both cars are similar for speed, many of the races I have seen, the merc and nissans are running around together at the back. There have also been occasions where both brands have run in the top 10.

I'd say the Nissans have had slightly better luck though overall (maybe driver selection?).
Old 20 Aug 2013, 01:48 (Ref:3291914)   #2584
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It seems that the old SBRE is leading the way here, with new cam profiles, exhaust systems amongst other things coming out of Yatala rather than Germany...
A smart move, which is probably what should have been happening from the start… A single customer, the other side of the world, running odd ball engines was never going to be a massive priority for HWA…. Whose expertise (however high that level of expertise) and resource is focused is in shifting lumps of vehicle that are significantly lighter than a V8Supercar…..

What’ll be interesting from this point is where things go politically. If Yatala make significant steps on the HWA effort, why spend what is no doubt significant extra $$$ on HWA involvement? (The obvious answer being the use of trademarked names)

Also of interest will be the vibe inside the team, I think it’d be really interesting to see how Erebus indexes on the “Staff sniffing around other teams” scale or whether they’ve had to build extra cost into the business to take into account that there’s probably a whole bunch of guys who (salary aside) were there because they quite enjoyed being in a team that was at the pointy end of the field.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 09:56 (Ref:3295606)   #2585
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It seems Mr Bourdais isnt coming to Bathurst after all

According to AA this week, Holden Motorsport and 888 appears to have contracted multiple DTM champion Mattias Ekstrom to partner Mr Priaulx in the rumoured XBox sponsored #10

Could be fun.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 10:04 (Ref:3295610)   #2586
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Disappointed about Bourdais. He would've been electric.

Then again, Mr Ekkstrom could be a bit of a surprise.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3295637)   #2587
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm surprised that Pirtek haven't been linked to the entry yet, considering their links to sponsoring Stoner/T8 in the DVS, and considering the '10th year Anniversary' themed sponsorship they've been plugging on Speedcafe (10 years having past since Ambrose's first championship with them).
Old 30 Aug 2013, 06:09 (Ref:3296021)   #2588
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There is a story floating around that the Red Bull cars may be taking on a change in livery for Bathurst.

For connoisseurs of the energy drink product, it has been claimed that the current 888 colour resembles the recently released Red Bull Zero product (Zero carbs, zero sugar is the mantra), and that the cars may resemble this design.

Does this mean Mr Lowndes may become 00 again?
Old 2 Sep 2013, 07:16 (Ref:3297666)   #2589
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A #00 silver, green eyed Commodore?

Old 3 Sep 2013, 10:06 (Ref:3298261)   #2590
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Testing @ QR

I noticed AdCafe forgot to ask 888 if they were testing their existing cars, or the two new cars apparently in build. Surely they wouldnt run a brand new car, unraced, at Bathurst.. would they?
Old 3 Sep 2013, 10:25 (Ref:3298266)   #2591
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
For connoisseurs of the energy drink product, it has been claimed that the current 888 colour resembles the recently released Red Bull Zero product (Zero carbs, zero sugar is the mantra), and that the cars may resemble this design.
The RB Zero blue is more of a greyish hue.
The blue they run now is too dark, so the zero "blue" would look washed out IMHO.
Not fussed if Lowndes runs 00 or 888.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 22:17 (Ref:3298548)   #2592
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Testing @ QR

I noticed AdCafe forgot to ask 888 if they were testing their existing cars, or the two new cars apparently in build. Surely they wouldnt run a brand new car, unraced, at Bathurst.. would they?
They have at Bathurst before.. And Won.

2008 from memory.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 22:41 (Ref:3298567)   #2593
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A slight livery change for the DJR cars for the enduros...

Arguably its kinda channeling Mr Slade's SBR car from a few seasons ago..

Old 4 Sep 2013, 07:45 (Ref:3298695)   #2594
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you compare the old livery with the new one, the biggest advance is the massive gap now present on the rear quarter with the Wilson Security text crammed and stacked together... Space for new sponsors perhaps.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3299119)   #2595
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Triple Eight uncovers drivers/sponsor for Bathurst wildcard

Quote:
International guns Andy Priaulx and Mattias Ekstrom will spearhead Triple Eight’s Bathurst wildcard entry with details of the Xbox-backed Holden to be officially unveiled this morning
Old 4 Sep 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3299129)   #2596
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Purty.

Old 4 Sep 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3299137)   #2597
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So... which chassis is it?
Old 5 Sep 2013, 00:05 (Ref:3299158)   #2598
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

It looks like the Shannons Showdown car...

Old 5 Sep 2013, 00:50 (Ref:3299169)   #2599
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit lousy that they're not doing the Pirtek Cup in its entirety.

Car should look pretty sharp on the TV.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 01:37 (Ref:3299176)   #2600
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Shouldn't it be #11 ?