Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 18 Dec 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3345522)   #2626
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I got fined once by the Rugby Football Union for being paid all of a tenner for a Pirelli calendar shoot, I think the fine was more than that and we were there most of Sunday messing around!

http://tentenths.com/forum/images/ic...ons/icon29.gif

I really am having a problem with this-AL IN A BIKINI.

And Iain,I agree with your sentiments,lets just hope the family just remember the good times,I'm sure there would have been plenty.
Christian-Gone but not forgotten.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 16:40 (Ref:3345536)   #2627
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have you all read that the change to double waved yellow has been confirmed?

http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/n...ws_44_1213.pdf
Old 18 Dec 2013, 16:47 (Ref:3345538)   #2628
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Have you all read that the change to double waved yellow has been confirmed?

http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/n...ws_44_1213.pdf
...and a bit about Int D licences, on page 4
Old 18 Dec 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3345579)   #2629
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank god for ADAC.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3345586)   #2630
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it's taken me all day to pluck up the courage but I've decided to fess up to you all - last night I went to see Status Quo!

There - doesn't seem too bad now I've let it out. Actually they were really good and proved time after time that three chords go an awful long way. I currently have an ear infection so hearing's a bit off and they seemed a bit muted but my wife said they were VERY LOUD. Great night and supported by 10cc who were a cut above the usual support act, though only one of their original line up remains.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 19:06 (Ref:3345590)   #2631
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I didn't realise 10cc were still going, in any form at all. Was it like the Pink Floyd tribute band I saw last month where half of the audience had to keep going for comfort breaks at some point or another during the show? Or I suppose with both of those bands most of the members wouldn't have been able to last more than an hour without a bathroom call.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 19:15 (Ref:3345596)   #2632
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
I must admit that the average age of the audience was pretty high even though we took our 3 year old grandson to try and even things out. Didn't notice a flow in and out to the loos but at the end of the show the queue at the gents was massive so we had to take said grandson outside for him to have a pee on the grass. He was a bit bored by 10cc but loved Quo.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 19:20 (Ref:3345598)   #2633
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Great night and supported by 10cc who were a cut above the usual support act, though only one of their original line up remains.
If there's only one original member shouldn't they now be called 2.5cc...and at our age I suppose it's all we've got left (how the band is named is a matter of speculation)

I saw them and Quo in the 70's. Both good value for money.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 19:33 (Ref:3345606)   #2634
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Funny you should say that, Alan. I was reading up about them earlier today and when they split in the late 70s (Godley and Creme left) the remaining two did consider they should rename themselves as 5cc! I agree - both were good value for money.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3345627)   #2635
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yep every year me and one of my drivers ,who is a brain surgen go too see Status Quo. Its a great night out.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3345630)   #2636
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Here we go, Single waved yellow flag " keep pushing " double waved yellow flag, push HARDER!!!!!!. Sorry to all my Marshal friends only joking.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3345670)   #2637
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does this new rule mean that one marshall has got to wave two yellow flags or two marshals wave one each?
Old 19 Dec 2013, 01:31 (Ref:3345741)   #2638
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Here we go, Single waved yellow flag " keep pushing " double waved yellow flag, push HARDER!!!!!!. Sorry to all my Marshal friends only joking.
tut tut!
Old 19 Dec 2013, 10:34 (Ref:3345860)   #2639
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
http://tentenths.com/forum/images/ic...ons/icon29.gif

I really am having a problem with this-AL IN A BIKINI.

And Iain,I agree with your sentiments,lets just hope the family just remember the good times,I'm sure there would have been plenty.
Christian-Gone but not forgotten.
I'll have you know when I was playing rugby I was an Adonis that could have graced any calendar! was back in the 70's however before the nude calendars took over lol!

Surely Quo should have been supporting 10cc!
Old 19 Dec 2013, 12:21 (Ref:3345883)   #2640
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Does this new rule mean that one marshall has got to wave two yellow flags or two marshals wave one each?
Go and look in the marshal's forum if you want to
Old 19 Dec 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3345913)   #2641
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
I'll have you know when I was playing rugby I was an Adonis that could have graced any calendar! was back in the 70's however before the nude calendars took over lol!
!

Video?
Old 19 Dec 2013, 14:24 (Ref:3345925)   #2642
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blast! (Or words to that effect) - just realized that the Tour De France 'Yorkshire' start next year is the same weekend as the Le Mans Classic. Had intended going to watch the cycling as it's starting just up the road from me but not missing Le Mans just for that. Pity. Wish I hadn't asked for Lycra (X-Large) for Christmas.

Mon Dieu! Can't they organize anything properly?
Old 19 Dec 2013, 14:31 (Ref:3345929)   #2643
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Video wasn't invented back then!
Old 19 Dec 2013, 16:57 (Ref:3345997)   #2644
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Video wasn't invented back then!
I had (until I chucked it away) a Philips video recorder that I brought in 1972, and I belive the Beeb used comecial VTRs from the early 50s.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Dec 2013, 17:00 (Ref:3346002)   #2645
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I had (until I chucked it away) a Philips video recorder that I brought in 1972, and I belive the Beeb used comecial VTRs from the early 50s.
Yup, our school head teacher's wife was a TV producer and we went along to her studios one day and they had VTR cameras back then and that was the late 60s.
Old 19 Dec 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3346104)   #2646
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce George View Post
Go and look in the marshal's forum if you want to
Hot topic on there!!

Should take your minds off us drivers straying over white lines (and kerbs)
Old 19 Dec 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3346119)   #2647
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TO all at the lighter side may take the time to wish you MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR keep the shiny side up. I will now be out of contact until mid January going camping on FRASER ISLAND (30c days) while you shiver.
Old 19 Dec 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3346125)   #2648
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
The first portable video camera I ever saw was when I used to do high class car hire and had a white Zodiac Mk 4 and we had a contract with Elstree Studios and I got a call to pick Barry Manilow and some of his entourage and take them to Wembley where he was appearing. Anyhow one of his crew had this massive shoulder carried video camera and they were trying it out in the car and Manilow said to the guy with the camera 'Make sure you get my nose from the best angle' as he was obviously aware and self concious of the size of the appendage! I had a very early one it was a JVC and half the home video machine came out with you with a separate camera on a lead, it weighed a ton! I have a load of video from back in the day that I intend to digitise now I have a machine that will do it, some old race footage as well.
Old 19 Dec 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3346141)   #2649
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
and half the home video machine came out with you with a separate camera on a lead, it weighed a ton! .
I also used to lug a car battery around with me to run it as the one supplied with the seperate recorder only seemed to last 5 minutes, I used to call it the DIY hernia kit ! and of course it was only in black n white
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Dec 2013, 07:31 (Ref:3346226)   #2650
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
TO all at the lighter side may take the time to wish you MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR keep the shiny side up. I will now be out of contact until mid January going camping on FRASER ISLAND (30c days) while you shiver.
That sounds like my sort of Christmas . Have fun and very best wishes
Closed Thread