Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 14 Nov 2011, 13:49 (Ref:2986149)   #2651
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I do hope Al found a wifi link or has a special deal with his phone company as those international data charges are astronomical.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 14:34 (Ref:2986179)   #2652
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone else noticed how much echo you get in an empty forum?
Old 14 Nov 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2986397)   #2653
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry Terry lets get back on to B's to hold your interest Yes no worries Tim I am using my laptop anyhow, we had free wifi at hotel and I am typing this on the free Boston Logan Airport WiFi waiting for a plane back to UK, we leave at 6.45pm US time so just 15 minutes behind Cliff, ANOTHER RACE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 15 Nov 2011, 06:50 (Ref:2986556)   #2654
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bs????? Still not sunk in has it Al?
Old 15 Nov 2011, 08:13 (Ref:2986581)   #2655
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I am on the case Peter.I like to reply only when I have some definate news.Hopefully today.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 08:48 (Ref:2986594)   #2656
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cool.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 13:37 (Ref:2986700)   #2657
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I am tempted to buy a very low mileage 4.6 V8 2007 Mustang GT but as I'm currently only here until September next year (or earlier depending upon client) it seems a bit impractical.
September next year? Get it bought.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 13:46 (Ref:2986704)   #2658
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's a teaser. I just found this photo in an old box I was going thru'. Me in 1970..............but what's the car?
Attached Thumbnails
Michel de Graves 1970.jpg  
Old 15 Nov 2011, 14:00 (Ref:2986712)   #2659
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Dont know but I do wish you had it now
Old 15 Nov 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2986717)   #2660
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yes Pete buy the thing then get it over here and convert it for racing. There was one or two running at Daytona and I think they look and sound great.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2986728)   #2661
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

It's too old to export from here apparently.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 15:18 (Ref:2986744)   #2662
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Really thats strange.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 16:11 (Ref:2986766)   #2663
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup. Apparently you have to export them within a year of first registration.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 19:19 (Ref:2986842)   #2664
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Here's a teaser. I just found this photo in an old box I was going thru'. Me in 1970..............but what's the car?
It looks a bit like the Astra RNR1, but I don't think it had that sort of rear wing. The engine looks too small for it to be a McLaren M1.

Not at all sure - do you know, Michel?
Old 15 Nov 2011, 19:43 (Ref:2986860)   #2665
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
That is obvious, it must be the only RHD Gordini Citroen Alpha yoke ever made.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 10:09 (Ref:2987144)   #2666
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks a bit like a Lola T70 or an Attila.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 10:17 (Ref:2987145)   #2667
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Its not the astra, the air outlet is too far back.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 10:18 (Ref:2987146)   #2668
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Its not the astra, the air outlet is too far back. Compte did you by a car from Nathans back in the 60's? If so I think I remember you visiting the workshops when I was there.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 14:30 (Ref:2987240)   #2669
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Its not the astra, the air outlet is too far back. Compte did you by a car from Nathans back in the 60's? If so I think I remember you visiting the workshops when I was there.
It is a McLaren M1C (I seem to recall). The photo is taken about 1969/1970. In the end I did not buy it as the sponsors who were going to pay (!) backed out. I was mortified.
Attached Thumbnails
M1C.jpg  
Old 16 Nov 2011, 16:05 (Ref:2987279)   #2670
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Whats the car in the back ground
Old 16 Nov 2011, 16:23 (Ref:2987281)   #2671
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Ok guys here is Cliff's exciting qualifing session all recorded nicely and with plenty of action. I had to change the pads today as they were not holding up and what happened after that was not good but I will let Cliff explain as he is a little upset at the moment to put it mildly.

Enjoy this though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCkLd1kiahU
Olly Bryant has also posted some video on youtube - I guess it is the same race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZZsi5SSw_g

I think he said over 190mph on the banking!
Old 16 Nov 2011, 16:31 (Ref:2987285)   #2672
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
If its the one he won and the white fastback from Cobra Automotive punctured right in front of him then thats the one, I was watching right where it happened and of the races I watched was the best of the week well done to him for winning. Yes Cliff's car was running with a 3.5 final drive direct top gear and will rev to 8000rpm and I recon I was pulling well over 7000 even in my short 20 minute stint, well put it this way I was flat out but dare not glance down at the rev counter as it was a bit obscured and I was busy steering so I recon cliff must have been doing well over 160mph in a car shaped like a brick, not bad!
Old 16 Nov 2011, 16:31 (Ref:2987284)   #2673
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Whats the car in the back ground
Austin Cambridge
Old 16 Nov 2011, 16:36 (Ref:2987288)   #2674
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Double post!! Is this thread getting too long as it seems to take ages to load a reply?
Old 16 Nov 2011, 16:44 (Ref:2987292)   #2675
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where the Mustang goes off in the video I had a Porsche do that at the same place (back in 2007) the debris of which took out my oil cooler and thus ending my race. Cooler since moved to somewhere less vulnerable.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Closed Thread