250,000 Spectators ? Dream on Baby !!!

Last edited by Bob Baldwin; 20 May 2015 at 18:34. Reason: Forgot Last Comment
Old 20 May 2015, 18:53 (Ref:3539743)   #2702
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I wonder how much this has to do with The Boston Consulting Group, which was hired at the end of 2012 and produced a 115-page report, offering a wide range of suggestions on how to improve the series and the IMS?
Old 21 May 2015, 04:11 (Ref:3539819)   #2703
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
cannot wait!
Old 21 May 2015, 06:44 (Ref:3539834)   #2704
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Old 21 May 2015, 20:09 (Ref:3540007)   #2705
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is the proposed track layout.

Old 21 May 2015, 20:28 (Ref:3540013)   #2706
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They should've named it Harvard Yard Grand Prix..
Old 21 May 2015, 20:43 (Ref:3540016)   #2707
David A Scott
Rookie

Canada
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
David A Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
They should've named it Harvard Yard Grand Prix..
The Haavaad Yaad Grand Prix?
Old 21 May 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3540025)   #2708
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
That'd be an easy way to **** off locals.

Also, it looks like between turns 7 and 9 will all be underground.
Old 21 May 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3540033)   #2709
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Boston street race would be pretty cool and I wish my brother still lived in Arlington, but I've driven on Boston Roads - they are pure sh** and my rental cars were rattled to bits. Can't image the abuse an IndyCar will take.

So a serious question here; are these roads / streets specific to the course actually ok or will there be some major work going on? I am sure there's some standard smoothing and grinding, but curious how much on top of that there will be. I guess as long as they are not doing another big dig, they'll make it.
Old 22 May 2015, 01:03 (Ref:3540063)   #2710
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't be as bad as Houston (then again that was literally a parking lot).
Old 22 May 2015, 12:58 (Ref:3540161)   #2711
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'd prefer Grand Prix of New England.

Anyway great news!
Old 25 May 2015, 16:58 (Ref:3541104)   #2712
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Molson is jumping back into the Toronto race, becoming the beer sponsor for the first time since they pulled their headlining sponsorship in 2006. The last few years has seen local breweries Amsterdam and Muskoka providing the suds, but obviously they don't provide the same sort of dollars or corporate activation that Molson does. Deal lasts through 2017, which is I believe when Honda's title sponsorship of the event runs through til as well

http://www.hondaindytoronto.com/more...to-partnership
Old 25 May 2015, 18:33 (Ref:3541133)   #2713
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The boston race, um yeah right. 250,000 spectators and $75 million dollar economic impact, phony baloney numbers. How are you going to cram in 150000 spectators on race day on such a circuit in Boston? Hopefully people in Boston do their due diligence and don't fall for such nonsense. Who pays for all the upgrades to the roads and the circuit construction, the taxpayers?
Old 25 May 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3541139)   #2714
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Old 25 May 2015, 18:42 (Ref:3541140)   #2715
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the Mass-Holes have always been Big Dreamers !

Anybody remember the " BIG DIG " up there . ? They were a Little Off with their Numbers .

Tax-A -Chusetts will probably be selling Beers for $20 a pop

On the Plus side Major Market for the Sponsors
Old 26 May 2015, 23:28 (Ref:3541600)   #2716
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine View Post
Molson is jumping back into the Toronto race, becoming the beer sponsor for the first time since they pulled their headlining sponsorship in 2006. The last few years has seen local breweries Amsterdam and Muskoka providing the suds, but obviously they don't provide the same sort of dollars or corporate activation that Molson does. Deal lasts through 2017, which is I believe when Honda's title sponsorship of the event runs through til as well

http://www.hondaindytoronto.com/more...to-partnership
This is good I think. The Craft Brewers of recent years are out which is a shame, but the multi-year deal seems good to me. This will also dramatically increase the number of people who insist on calling it the Molson Indy like in the old days.

First time I went to the Molson Indy was in 1990... it rained. A lot.
Old 26 May 2015, 23:30 (Ref:3541601)   #2717
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda Indy Toronto schedule...

Also: Toronto schedule released. That's a pretty solid whack of racing each day. Good to see the Canadian Touring Car Championship back again, they're always entertaining on this track. Unfortunately no Pirelli World Challenge this year though.

http://www.hondaindytoronto.com/schedule
Old 27 May 2015, 02:02 (Ref:3541628)   #2718
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll unfortunately be missing the race this year - having knee surgery the week before it.
Old 27 May 2015, 04:03 (Ref:3541639)   #2719
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Also: Toronto schedule released. That's a pretty solid whack of racing each day. Good to see the Canadian Touring Car Championship back again, they're always entertaining on this track. Unfortunately no Pirelli World Challenge this year though.

http://www.hondaindytoronto.com/schedule
That's a lot of categories there. And only two weeks before I'll check in to my flight to Toronto.
Old 27 May 2015, 04:44 (Ref:3541644)   #2720
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'll unfortunately be missing the race this year - having knee surgery the week before it.
That sucks,... hope the op goes well..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 May 2015, 11:30 (Ref:3541695)   #2721
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
That sucks,... hope the op goes well..
Thanks, it's just a scope to repair some meniscus damage, but I'm supposed to avoid strenuous stuff for the first week - no driving even
Old 27 May 2015, 13:28 (Ref:3541733)   #2722
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thanks, it's just a scope to repair some meniscus damage, but I'm supposed to avoid strenuous stuff for the first week - no driving even
No worries. You can check out the teev/web coverage at least.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 May 2015, 13:36 (Ref:3541739)   #2723
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Good luck with it, hope all is well. Perhaps a prescription for some fine Molson Coors products will be in order.
Old 27 May 2015, 14:48 (Ref:3541759)   #2724
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Good luck with it, hope all is well. Perhaps a prescription for some fine Molson Coors products will be in order.
My homebrew draft fridge is a mere 10 steps from the basement couch where I will likely install myself for "recovery"
Old 27 May 2015, 16:16 (Ref:3541783)   #2725
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Conor Daly to take the Mayor's seat for Detroit.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119179