Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Sep 2009, 04:54 (Ref:2538895)   #251
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have people gone mad!!!!!

Why is Piquet the one to blame? do you honestly think he will say, hey Fav lets put Alonso on a agressive stratergy and Ill crash so he can benefit?

I belive Piquet was pressured and black mailed by Flav.. this is more believable than vice versa!

Yes he may have been upset and blew the whistle, so what? Flav and Symonds should be held accountable for race fixing and dealt with!
Old 12 Sep 2009, 09:02 (Ref:2538927)   #252
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF_Racer View Post
Have people gone mad!!!!!

Why is Piquet the one to blame? do you honestly think he will say, hey Fav lets put Alonso on a agressive stratergy and Ill crash so he can benefit?

I belive Piquet was pressured and black mailed by Flav.. this is more believable than vice versa!

Yes he may have been upset and blew the whistle, so what? Flav and Symonds should be held accountable for race fixing and dealt with!
Are folk blaming Piquet? seems to me that if this whole charade is true, and personally, some pretty good strokes have been pulled in the past, I just can not see this being true. Like other posters, this reeks of Mosely and the absolute underhanded way the man opperates. Along with others I have known races handed on a plate to A.N.Other for a variety of reasons, the most famous being Moss to give Hawthorn the championship, but no one in their right mind will accuse either gentleman of being a cheat.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 09:16 (Ref:2538934)   #253
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Along with others I have known races handed on a plate to A.N.Other for a variety of reasons, the most famous being Moss to give Hawthorn the championship, but no one in their right mind will accuse either gentleman of being a cheat.
If you're saying that Moss gave Hawthorn the Championship, he didn't. He gave evidence in Portugal on Hawthorn's behalf, which saved him losing points, i.e. a very sporting gesture, but the Championship was handed to Hawthorn in Morocco when his team-mate, Phil Hill, slowed to let Hawthorn by and win the title.

Presumably that's what you mean, but it didn't come over like that.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 10:10 (Ref:2538949)   #254
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Onboard footage of 'accident'?

Where can an onboard of Piquet's crash be seen?
Old 12 Sep 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2538952)   #255
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Where can an onboard of Piquet's crash be seen?
I don't think that there is one,and if there is,you can bet that only FOM and the FIA have it.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 10:28 (Ref:2538958)   #256
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
This is data from Parragon's 2000-2001 F1 Yearbook, decide how much salt if any you want to put on these numbers of employees - for 2000 season presumably.

Bear in mind what that doesn't include - facilities, engineers (the team was based in France, not around Silverstone) and other issues like that.

Also, three of the five years of its existance were with debatable Pug engines and the team never had real star drivers. It also isn't always the person at the top that makes things fail.
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

Prost made some pretty wacky decisions, though. The decision to move the team to Guyancourt is a good example of that. He just didn't have the leadership skills to take the team forward

What you have to consider is that the 97 Prost was a Ligier in all but name, at that stage. It was a potential race-winning car. They went from being front-runners to backmarkers in a season that doesn't happen just by magic. There were serious problems in the structure of the team and, to put it bluntly, it was Prost's fault

Good, brief article on the history of Prost here

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 12 Sep 2009, 10:31 (Ref:2538960)   #257
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Super Hans, I believe you mentioned somewhere about this not being the first time a driver has crashed intentionally. Can you give examples?
Old 12 Sep 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2538972)   #258
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, generally are cases on drivers crashing on other drivers intentionally that were known.
I don't remember a case when a driver crashes himself alone before...
Old 12 Sep 2009, 15:17 (Ref:2539069)   #259
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I think he's actually saying : "Don't do I do, because what's good for me might not be good for you..."
Won't find me practising what I'm preaching
Won't find me making no sacrifice
But I can get you a pocketful of miracles
If you promise to be good, try to be nice
God will take good care of you
Just do as I say, don't do as I do

- Genesis

Old 12 Sep 2009, 15:27 (Ref:2539074)   #260
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
This whole mess is taking a rather bizarre turn..

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78532
Old 12 Sep 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2539092)   #261
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is this what you were hinting at, Bon?
Old 12 Sep 2009, 16:32 (Ref:2539105)   #262
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
What a queer situation this is turning out to be!
Old 12 Sep 2009, 16:46 (Ref:2539110)   #263
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Flav resorting to petty & trashy crap like that just makes him look even more guilty imo
Old 12 Sep 2009, 16:48 (Ref:2539111)   #264
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Time for another libel lawsuit?
Old 12 Sep 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2539116)   #265
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yes it's bad news and not what F1 needs at all...
Old 12 Sep 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2539120)   #266
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
If you're saying that Moss gave Hawthorn the Championship, he didn't. He gave evidence in Portugal on Hawthorn's behalf, which saved him losing points, i.e. a very sporting gesture, but the Championship was handed to Hawthorn in Morocco when his team-mate, Phil Hill, slowed to let Hawthorn by and win the title.

Presumably that's what you mean, but it didn't come over like that.
Thank you for putting the incident into a more accurate context for me; and many more examples could be given. Aintree perhaps? Not sure if the gentlemen concerned in other instances, read or even get to hear some of our pet theories, I'll save them the embarrassment and not mention the events.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2539129)   #267
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Very strange indeed.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2539134)   #268
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Super Hans, I believe you mentioned somewhere about this not being the first time a driver has crashed intentionally. Can you give examples?
I won't name names, but there were famous incidents of drivers allegedly crashing deliberately at Suzuka (1990), Adelaide (1994), Jerez (1997) and Monte Carlo (2006).
Old 12 Sep 2009, 17:44 (Ref:2539136)   #269
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
What a queer situation this is turning out to be!
That would be funny if the whole thing wasn't a bit seedy.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2539139)   #270
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Ah ok. Well, that's a different kettle of fish.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2539141)   #271
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I won't name names, but there were famous incidents of drivers allegedly crashing deliberately at Suzuka (1990), Adelaide (1994), Jerez (1997) and Monte Carlo (2006).
You don't say? Well I never...

Anyway, apparently this guy he lived with is his old mechanic, Agnaldo Furlani

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/formula...&in_page_id=58
Old 12 Sep 2009, 18:05 (Ref:2539143)   #272
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
No names needed.

All of the above did so in an effort to gain something from the championship.Piquet did it in far more mysterious circumstances,and allegedly was not acting alone.

Please don't let there be 'Gay-gate'!
Old 12 Sep 2009, 18:42 (Ref:2539166)   #273
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
"Gay-te"?
Old 12 Sep 2009, 18:54 (Ref:2539173)   #274
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ah ok. Well, that's a different kettle of fish.
Maybe so, but when people are calling for life bans on the basis that the lives of competitors, marshals and spectators were put at risk, it makes me roll my eyes. Does anyone truly believe that Piquet's accident carried greater risk than the incident at Suzuka involving Ayrton Senna?
Old 12 Sep 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2539174)   #275
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Maybe so, but when people are calling for life bans on the basis that the lives of competitors, marshals and spectators were put at risk, it makes me roll my eyes. Does anyone truly believe that Piquet's accident carried greater risk than the incident at Suzuka involving Ayrton Senna?
But that was 20 years ago. Now we are safety-obsessed.