Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Oct 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2570359)   #251
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given Ford's recent change of heart about motor racing and the Ford signage on the front and rear windscreens in the mockup artwork associated with the news stories, that may not be a safe assumption.

Did that artwork come from the team or is it just some journalistic interpretation of what it may look like?

If genuine, perhaps Ford has softened the 'blue only' policy for car liveries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
You would assume there will be no extra Ford money for this car....being so green... Where to for D'Alberto?
Old 26 Oct 2009, 22:46 (Ref:2570370)   #252
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I laughed a bit when FPR talked about the extra car increasing their chances of podium finishes. I read it to say "Frosty is ok, but he needs some support in the success arena. A third car can only increase our chances, as #6 - or more to the point its current pilot - sure as hell wont!"
Old 26 Oct 2009, 23:26 (Ref:2570395)   #253
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
You would assume there will be no extra Ford money for this car....being so green...

Maybe they have to carry Ford windscreen banners to make the deal happen....and so it looks like a genuine FPR expansion.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 23:36 (Ref:2570399)   #254
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubracer View Post
Check it: http://autosports.com.au/News/1924.aspx

So who will drive?
Maybe Murph will drive.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 23:46 (Ref:2570406)   #255
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
I laughed a bit when FPR talked about the extra car increasing their chances of podium finishes. I read it to say "Frosty is ok, but he needs some support in the success arena. A third car can only increase our chances, as #6 - or more to the point its current pilot - sure as hell wont!"
Can Mr Thompson achieve this for them? No LDG or InvestQld.com logos on the design yet it seems...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Oct 2009, 00:11 (Ref:2570417)   #256
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
cddf

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Bobby View Post
Here's one out of left field for you Pro - I'll put $10 on a Castrol logo being on an FPR car in 2010. It's not certain, but from what I hear, it isn't a decision for Castrol Australia to be making...
Did not Castrol come out about a month ago and say they were leaving FPR???
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 27 Oct 2009, 01:41 (Ref:2570458)   #257
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Can Mr Thompson achieve this for them? No LDG or InvestQld.com logos on the design yet it seems...
Best bet would either be Steve Owen or Dean Canto.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 01:44 (Ref:2570459)   #258
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
Valvoline are apparently staying on as a secondary sponsor.

GTR has linked Castrol to SBR, with Bright they get the full livery and SBR keep Ford happy with blue on #4 & #9?????
I heard that Castrol was going to Paul Morris Motorsports as the title sponsor for car #39.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 01:48 (Ref:2570462)   #259
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Is the new Bottle-O Ford going to get Ford financial backing or only engineering, parts backing?
Old 27 Oct 2009, 01:51 (Ref:2570463)   #260
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suspect it will get the same amount of Ford funding as the Britek effort alongside SBR this year...
Old 27 Oct 2009, 02:19 (Ref:2570470)   #261
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Did not Castrol come out about a month ago and say they were leaving FPR???
Yes, but international oil deals between people far more important than Ford Australia and Castrol Australia are very hard to go past!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Oct 2009, 04:11 (Ref:2570508)   #262
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Best bet would either be Steve Owen or Dean Canto.
Doesn't the driver depend on if there is a funding shortfall between the RNR budget and FPR invoices?
Old 27 Oct 2009, 04:25 (Ref:2570513)   #263
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Doesn't the driver depend on if there is a funding shortfall between the RNR budget and FPR invoices?
Well, Steve does have Tint-A-Car backing (if my memory is serveing me well) and has the speed and the consistency to back FPR up. Canto has got his Sydney family workshop to give him some extra sponsorship funds and FPR respect him.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 05:35 (Ref:2570526)   #264
Just Do It!
Veteran

Do FPV offer factory as an option??
Old 27 Oct 2009, 05:56 (Ref:2570534)   #265
sharkiesrule
Rookie

sharkiesrule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the heavy Mother advertising campaign currently all over the V8 site (ambushing RedBulls efforts at track at Bathurst/ Indy) and during 7s telecast along with the recent Monster sponsorship of Jamie Whincup I believe there will be plenty of action in the coming months.

I think all the energy drinks are arms at the ready, waiting to see who flinches first and makes a move. Once one does, a flurry of reactionary marketing activity (be that personal, team, event or series sponsorships) will take place.

You certainly couldn't discount a Red Bull car for Rick given the more positive global economic outlook.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 06:03 (Ref:2570536)   #266
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
please explain .... !!

Quote:
Yes, but international oil deals between people far more important than Ford Australia and Castrol Australia are very hard to go past!

To be specific GTR ??? You lost me.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 06:08 (Ref:2570538)   #267
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think he means Castrol has an arrangement with Ford in a more global sense, meaning the requests of the local arms can easily be put to one side...
Old 27 Oct 2009, 07:13 (Ref:2570558)   #268
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
Did that artwork come from the team or is it just some journalistic interpretation of what it may look like?
The pictures came from the team.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 10:11 (Ref:2570626)   #269
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
FPR make the first 2010 announcement here.

The Bottle-o backed third FPR car, just a driver left to announce.

Plenty of blank canvas for more branding...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Oct 2009, 10:35 (Ref:2570640)   #270
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Makes a bit of a mockery of the predominant blue colours for factory backing...
Old 27 Oct 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2570642)   #271
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Makes a bit of a mockery of the predominant blue colours for factory backing...
Its not a 'works' car per se, but a 'works customer' car
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Oct 2009, 10:52 (Ref:2570652)   #272
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its not a 'works' car per se, but a 'works customer' car
Similar to the arrangements Team Kiwi and Jim Morton had with FPR in 2007, effectively its a full spec customer car as opposed to a 3rd FPR entry as was the case when Nash leased the franchise to FPR in 2003.

RNR may end up using chassis FG01, the original FG built by FPR in 2008 and as I understand unraced to date.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2570656)   #273
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
Similar to the arrangements Team Kiwi and Jim Morton had with FPR in 2007, effectively its a full spec customer car as opposed to a 3rd FPR entry as was the case when Nash leased the franchise to FPR in 2003.

RNR may end up using chassis FG01, the original FG built by FPR in 2008 and as I understand unraced to date.
FG01 ran at Bathurst, as car #6 for Youlden/Canto
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Oct 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2570657)   #274
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
I would have thought that by next year, FPR would have spat out another chassis and RNR could get their hands on a raced chassis. Didn't the commentators make mention of Mr Richards running a different FG chassis to his normal one, due to the shennanigans of Mt Panorama? Therefore, they'd already have one sitting around at minimum.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 10:58 (Ref:2570658)   #275
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There is some interesting chat around at the minute suggesting that Mr Coulthard may be headed to Clayton in 2010, and that he may be taking one of his current car's sponsors with him...
#CANCERSUCKS