Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Nov 2015, 18:19 (Ref:3588185)   #251
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I don't see them doing BTCC for that very reason - their focus is on small cars and crossovers/SUV - as are a lot of the volume car makers.
Yep but since this year they sell a hatchback (Pulsar) again so BTCC could be used to make the public aware they also sell a hatch.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 18:20 (Ref:3588186)   #252
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Dynamics was always open to run an extra car if someone with lots of $$$ comes to pay the bills
Old 4 Nov 2015, 18:31 (Ref:3588189)   #253
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Where does it mention MG? It's listed under Triple Eight Racing. Another foreign owned British marque is being rumoured there.....
Jaguar?
Old 4 Nov 2015, 18:41 (Ref:3588193)   #254
ExplodeTheApex
Racer

United Kingdom
ExplodeTheApex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Been tapping on the door at Luton you mean?
I remember the Thorney motorsport guy saying previously that one of the main barriers preventing them giving manufacturer support for the Insignias was a rather significant sponsorship programme with a certain national football team which runs until 2018 at £6m a year. Things might have changed now, but I guess we'll have to see.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 18:55 (Ref:3588197)   #255
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Yep but since this year they sell a hatchback (Pulsar) again so BTCC could be used to make the public aware they also sell a hatch.
Yes, and the Pulsar is very similar in terms of size to both the Civic Type-R and the proposed Welch Hyundai.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 19:28 (Ref:3588207)   #256
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Could be and would be a large investment to buy the car and pay to run it, if that is the case.
There's no new names on the TBL list so the buyer's own team aren't coming in. I could imagine AmD running it but otherwise there's no obvious candidates.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 20:08 (Ref:3588216)   #257
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
There's no new names on the TBL list so the buyer's own team aren't coming in. I could imagine AmD running it but otherwise there's no obvious candidates.
Unless Jack Clarke has significant backing to aid his Honda development role, I can see the 3rd TD Honda being run for the guy who was going to buy one of this years cars, don't forget he was seen testing Matt Neals car the other day! I'm surprised I have seen anyone linking Thommo to that car yet.

888 & RAR are still to announce what cars they'll be running, so is Welch but it seems they'll be running the i30.

Have to say following TIngrams performance in the Speedworks this year, now they've revamped the Toyota, I can see seats there being quite sought after.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 20:49 (Ref:3588229)   #258
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I was just making a point on how the MG is old and how moving on is certainly a possibility for the team. Having no 'MG' could mean MG aren't involved, but it may just be the official team name anyway

To be fair the length and details of the name have changed every season, they could just be deciding on the orders of some sponsors or whatever. Aiden Moffat Racing is also listed...
If that's from Touring Car Times, then they never mention sponsors names, it's always West Surrey Racing, Tony Gilham Racing etc
Old 4 Nov 2015, 20:49 (Ref:3588230)   #259
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Alternatively, it was mentioned a few pages back the Dynamics had sold one of this year's cars. Could be that although the car has been sold it will still be run by TD, same as 888 did with Marc Hynes.
Jeff Smith has said he wants to run the 2015 car next year for himself and Depper.

I would be most surprised if Clarke is not in the third Dynamics Honda alongside the 'Dynamic Duo'?

Motorbase having only 2 TBL's seems to squash the rumours of them running 3 cars! Interestingly their third TBL from 2015 now seems to be permanently in the hands of Dextra Racing..
Old 4 Nov 2015, 21:02 (Ref:3588236)   #260
porsche962fan
Veteran

which sucks cos if another driver gets the funding (like Cole) then poor Mat Jackson finds himself without a seat ....

just imagine Jordan and Mat Jackson in same team, they would have real chances going for the Indy titles, maybe the overall titles if that Ford is properly sorted
Old 4 Nov 2015, 22:24 (Ref:3588253)   #261
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Unless Jack Clarke has significant backing to aid his Honda development role, I can see the 3rd TD Honda being run for the guy who was going to buy one of this years cars, don't forget he was seen testing Matt Neals car the other day! I'm surprised I have seen anyone linking Thommo to that car yet.

888 & RAR are still to announce what cars they'll be running, so is Welch but it seems they'll be running the i30.

Have to say following TIngrams performance in the Speedworks this year, now they've revamped the Toyota, I can see seats there being quite sought after.
Clarke has got backing & I'm sure with a top ride like the 3rd Honda would be able to raise the funds, he did in '14 to get the 3rd Motorbase seat. I'm not a betting man but I'd certainly put my money on him as I'm sure as part of the Honda development driver deal would give him 1st shout on a car!
Old 4 Nov 2015, 22:35 (Ref:3588254)   #262
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
which sucks cos if another driver gets the funding (like Cole) then poor Mat Jackson finds himself without a seat ....

just imagine Jordan and Mat Jackson in same team, they would have real chances going for the Indy titles, maybe the overall titles if that Ford is properly sorted
That's the world of the BTCC I'm afraid. Plenty of excellent drivers haven't had the budget and have therefore had their spaces on the grid taken by well backed, less talented lads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
they have a TBL

Support Our Paras Racing 1**
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
It's the Lexus bit that was under question - it'll just be the Infiniti again won't it? (and they've got a spare)
Sorry for any mix up. As Bert says I was wondering where you heard the Lexus rumour from as I hadn't seen it mentioned on here. Don't see any reason for them to change from the Infiniti considering they've only just built it and have Hawken's car as a rolling repairer!
Old 5 Nov 2015, 07:39 (Ref:3588302)   #263
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Alternatively, it was mentioned a few pages back the Dynamics had sold one of this year's cars. Could be that although the car has been sold it will still be run by TD, same as 888 did with Marc Hynes.
I think it might be Matt Simpson in the 3rd car run by the team.
Budget is not a issue.
Old 5 Nov 2015, 07:51 (Ref:3588305)   #264
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If that's from Touring Car Times, then they never mention sponsors names, it's always West Surrey Racing, Tony Gilham Racing etc
I had thought about this.

BTCC.net listed 'Honda Yuasa Racing' alongside '888 Race Engineering'. Suggests no done deal for 2016 yet for MG to me.
Old 5 Nov 2015, 09:48 (Ref:3588317)   #265
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The BTCC list, when compared to last years enty list, suggests a number of changes - along with a lot of continuity.

2015 2016
Team BMR Team BMR
Team JCT600 / Team IHG WSR
Handy Motorsport Handy Motorsport
Welch Motorsport Welch Motorsport
Dextra Racing Dextra Racing
Laser Tools Racing Laser Tools Racing
Power Maxed Racing Power Maxed Racing
AmD Tuning.com AmD Tuning
Infiniti Support Our Paras Racing Support Our Paras Racing
RCIB Insurance Racing Team HARD
Honda Yuasa Racing Honda Yuasa Racing
Eurotech Racing Eurotech Racing
MG 888 Racing 888 Race Engineering
WIX Racing WIX Racing
Exocet AlcoSense Rob Austin Racing
Speedworks Motorsport Speedworks Motorsport
Houseman Racing Houseman Racing
Motorbase Performance Motorbase Performance

Which tells us that....
RAR, WSR and HARD have dropped/lost their sponsor in their team name from last season.
Infinti and MG have been dropped as manufacturers from their respective team names.
Motorbase has still to add a sponsor to its name.
BMR has not added RCIB to its team name (yet).

It might not mean much for WSR, as they had split sponsorship last season but common TBLs. Interestingly though, all 3 Team Dynamics TBLs are listed as Honda Yuasa - suggesting a common sponsorship across all three cars.
Old 5 Nov 2015, 10:32 (Ref:3588323)   #266
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
but that list is the name of the TBL holders which are not always the same as the team entry names.
Old 5 Nov 2015, 10:46 (Ref:3588327)   #267
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
but that list is the name of the TBL holders which are not always the same as the team entry names.
Does that mean the TBL's are held by Honda/Yuasa then, and not Team Dynamics?
Old 5 Nov 2015, 10:46 (Ref:3588328)   #268
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or you all could be reading to much into the names on the list, as it was just what a journalist has put in an online article for sake of representation.
Old 5 Nov 2015, 11:59 (Ref:3588341)   #269
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Aiden Moffat has been confirmed for another year
Old 5 Nov 2015, 13:27 (Ref:3588353)   #270
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Aiden Moffat has been confirmed for another year
It's already on The List
Old 5 Nov 2015, 17:36 (Ref:3588383)   #271
porsche962fan
Veteran

wish the situation regarding the AMD TBL would be cleared if I remember last time it was a "guest entry" and now it's a full TBL ?
Old 5 Nov 2015, 17:48 (Ref:3588390)   #272
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Last year they had a guest entry, only valid for limited rounds and non points scoring. Now they have a full entry valid for all rounds and scoring points. I thought that was already clear.

There could still be additional guest entries under the same restrictions
Old 5 Nov 2015, 17:54 (Ref:3588392)   #273
porsche962fan
Veteran

sounds interesting , will be interesting if they go with 2 Audis
Old 5 Nov 2015, 19:54 (Ref:3588421)   #274
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
It seems a little hasty to have already issued the TBLs. I mean, I would think its great for those teams to have their entries confirmed (effectively) however it then removes any possibility of a new team entering between now and the start of the season. If I remember, the 888 MG deal of 2012 was only completed in January of that year. I'm not suggesting there is a big queue of massive teams or manufacturers waiting at the door, but it just removes any possibility now for 2016.
Old 5 Nov 2015, 20:05 (Ref:3588422)   #275
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
It seems a little hasty to have already issued the TBLs. I mean, I would think its great for those teams to have their entries confirmed (effectively) however it then removes any possibility of a new team entering between now and the start of the season. If I remember, the 888 MG deal of 2012 was only completed in January of that year. I'm not suggesting there is a big queue of massive teams or manufacturers waiting at the door, but it just removes any possibility now for 2016.
Just because the current list of TBL's issued details who currently has them wouldn't stop them being loaned or sold (in agreed by TOCA of course). Plus a team that hasn't got manufacturer backing would certainly consider ditching their current cars if the right deal came along. So while I agree it takes some of the intrigue away, it isn't set in stone.

Who's to say that BMR, 888 & RAR aren't going to bring new cars with manufacturer backing, it wouldn't change the TBL list would it

Last edited by Jiiiiiiim; 5 Nov 2015 at 20:07. Reason: Typo