Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Jun 2008, 18:05 (Ref:2225037)   #251
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks John.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 18:55 (Ref:2225075)   #252
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I can weld, any odd tools required I have space to carry also, PM me
Old 10 Jun 2008, 22:15 (Ref:2225248)   #253
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll bring my 'away' toolkit.

(Warning - Away toolkit may or may not consist of a roll of duct tape, can of WD-40, handful of zip ties and a 6-pack of emergency beers)
Old 11 Jun 2008, 07:10 (Ref:2225441)   #254
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
metric and imperial engineers persuaders

a blow torch is useful for preheating cast iron if you need to weld it, BBQ would probably do the trick also !

thick gloves for picking it up as well!
Old 16 Jun 2008, 07:48 (Ref:2229876)   #255
fasted
Racer

England
fasted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the long circuit in any of the circuit guides? If not, what is the best source of information for actually driving the long circuit. Lines, critical points, etc.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 20:52 (Ref:2230404)   #256
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans

If you get on the Morgan website there is in car film day and night from 2004. One whole lap each. If you can't find it post again and I'll check the actual website and let you know. Celia
Old 17 Jun 2008, 07:26 (Ref:2230590)   #257
fasted
Racer

England
Thanks Celia. Can`t find it I`m afraid. Perhaps you could post a link?
You don't happen to have an email address for Allan McNish. (Replies by PM, please - JT)
Eddie

Last edited by John Turner; 17 Jun 2008 at 07:40.
Old 21 Jun 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2233889)   #258
fasted
Racer

England
Thanks Celia. Will get in touch
Old 21 Jun 2008, 20:38 (Ref:2234316)   #259
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
So the world knows the situation ,A list of Teams is with entrants and I am sure it can be produced on the forum if anyone is clever enough to do it.(I'm not)
Not sure what's the sniping about the organisation , as refered to on the driver thread , as all entrants know of the cars accepted and those on reserve list and their position on that reserve list.What is the Problem with the organisation . People are withdrawing cars, changing drivers on an daily basis ,which is to be expected at this time of the year, and Dijon to come.The original list on web site gives 90% of the entry
Old 23 Jun 2008, 05:28 (Ref:2235382)   #260
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I have never participated in the event,I am only going by the feed-back from those who have,they say that it's often chaotic organisation,long hold ups between the grids etc,or is that just down to drivers not be-ing where they are supposed to be.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2235431)   #261
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Well done Terry ,you have hit nail on the head.Its the Teams and Drivers that are unable to organise themselves and need bottle feeding.I have seen the same thing happening at Spa and Ring.Whats worse it those foreign people running it and they talk in odd language.We have raced at all three LMC's and the only gripe I have had is the catering where they manage to prepare superb food when you don't want it and nothing when you do.Its 1000 odd people to look after so you need, up to a point ,be self sufficent and organised as the majority of people in Historic racing find it hard to organise a pi.. up in a brewery.Its not difficult,Grid forms on Bugatti Circuit,Rolling start, 1 min stop in middle of race ,and finish.Paddock places and pit designated.Buy petrol at end of pit.Pose at back of pit.10,000 Club Cars at cicuit of all types of machine and display of Historic Cars that cover Le Mans history.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 07:41 (Ref:2235434)   #262
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought as much John,perhaps I should be looking out for something with LM history for two years time then !As for the language problem,I know of quite a few who will not make any effort at all and just point at what they want.!!

Last edited by terence; 23 Jun 2008 at 07:44.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 17:13 (Ref:2235885)   #263
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Well done Terry ,you have hit nail on the head.Its the Teams and Drivers that are unable to organise themselves and need bottle feeding.I have seen the same thing happening at Spa and Ring.Whats worse it those foreign people running it and they talk in odd language.We have raced at all three LMC's and the only gripe I have had is the catering where they manage to prepare superb food when you don't want it and nothing when you do.Its 1000 odd people to look after so you need, up to a point ,be self sufficent and organised as the majority of people in Historic racing find it hard to organise a pi.. up in a brewery.Its not difficult,Grid forms on Bugatti Circuit,Rolling start, 1 min stop in middle of race ,and finish.Paddock places and pit designated.Buy petrol at end of pit.Pose at back of pit.10,000 Club Cars at cicuit of all types of machine and display of Historic Cars that cover Le Mans history.
so John you are actually looking for a second driver which is fast enough, a good cook, a decent barman and who speaks french and german fluently just give me a pm. by the way do you have dutch blood, you complain like a dutchman
Old 23 Jun 2008, 17:41 (Ref:2235910)   #264
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

The Dutch bit I take as a compliment and all the drivers are good at all those things.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 08:05 (Ref:2236377)   #265
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
it amazes me sometimes that some people actually make it to the circuit, let alone find there way round a whole lap back to where they started!

having said that a good team manager/preparer, or even sinlge car manager is entirely different to a good race driver
Old 24 Jun 2008, 14:06 (Ref:2236571)   #266
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bonjour, je suis un chef de cuisine avec le vin rouge et le ...................................... feck it what's French for steering wheel?
Old 24 Jun 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2236605)   #267
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Je ne sais pas. C'est tres difficile!
Old 24 Jun 2008, 15:16 (Ref:2236609)   #268
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Your absolutely correct John,it is not difficult,just a little awkward to remember such a useful sentence.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 15:25 (Ref:2236615)   #269
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ummmm, hmm.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 15:34 (Ref:2236625)   #270
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Je suis un rock star
Old 24 Jun 2008, 17:44 (Ref:2236687)   #271
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
La Plume de Ma Tante?

Rue de Conduire, I suspect.

Other than that, search Altavista Babelfish.

Hmmm. Volant is what is offered.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 19:16 (Ref:2236738)   #272
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Ummmm, hmm.
you know ze french dont ave zsteering wheels
Old 24 Jun 2008, 19:18 (Ref:2236739)   #273
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
Je suis un rock star
thgats nasty zef know everybody here (mostly gents) think voule vous couchez avec...........its good your wife doesnt read here
Old 25 Jun 2008, 10:59 (Ref:2237130)   #274
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Pardon messieurs mais je suis une petite femme qui ne compris pas le dernier poste !? Aussi le Francais pour " steering wheel" est volant. Au Revoir et Bon Chance!
Old 25 Jun 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2237328)   #275
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Merci Madame,next time I have one come off in my hands,I'll know what to call it .!!!