Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 11 Sep 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2757598)   #251
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still looking very impressive. Not long left now.............

EDIT - Looking at that video when they are showing the hot lap around Monaco, does anyone else think it looks a bit like Davidson's helmet in the car? Admittedly its probably Button and my eyes deceive me, but I always thought Button's helmet had less white towards the front than what is in the video. Perhaps Ant has squeezed himself into the game somehow............?

Last edited by el_cat; 11 Sep 2010 at 09:09.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2758261)   #252
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennaTheGreat View Post
Fox it's still taking your finger off a button basically, even Nigel Mansell said it about the taking your finger off the button. anyway, digging around on youbook (cheers top gear ) i found this intesting link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZeGbQ0fojo

Looks good, but I need to get a more powerful PC at some point, I've been forced to order the 360 version, as my PC is too slow.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 19:14 (Ref:2758275)   #253
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
does anyone else think it looks a bit like Davidson's helmet in the car?
It is Davidson's. No doubt at all. His is probably one of a few additional helmet designs available for players to choose in career mode.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2758333)   #254
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Put in at the behest of Ant so he can pretend to be an F1 frontrunner no doubt.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2758348)   #255
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Ouch

Perry McCarthy
Old 12 Sep 2010, 22:52 (Ref:2758422)   #256
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ouch indeed

Oh well at least there's no Vettes in this game..........
Old 13 Sep 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2758553)   #257
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Ant made a point I'd never even thought of before, where in racing sims you need to do all the setup work yourself whereas in the real world the groundwork is done by the team and practice sessions are just effectively tweaking it. Most race sims/mods provide a default setup for the car, but not individual tracks. An interesting view which made me stop and think for a minute.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 09:31 (Ref:2758597)   #258
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I used to often make that point, but simmers have fits when you mention it so I stopped.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 12:11 (Ref:2758695)   #259
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
where in racing sims you need to do all the setup work yourself whereas in the real world the groundwork is done by the team and practice sessions are just effectively tweaking it.
This is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to F1 2010. I'm pretty confident I'm a good driver, even on a game like rFactor, but I suck at the setup work. Even when I have a guide to what does what right next to me. It'll be nice not to worry about it!
Old 13 Sep 2010, 14:42 (Ref:2758763)   #260
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
This is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to F1 2010. I'm pretty confident I'm a good driver, even on a game like rFactor, but I suck at the setup work. Even when I have a guide to what does what right next to me. It'll be nice not to worry about it!
Yep that and a few other things that Ant said in that vid sounded really good.

The Cycled Production Hoppers in FM3 have shown this up, where in the old hoppers there were plenty of Champ/Legend ranked players who would obliterate the field with a crazy downloaded tune and physics bending setup (more likely bought from the market place) they now dominate a lot less in standard cars and those who are truly very good at the game only dominate by a second or less a lap rather than the frustrating 5 seconds I used to see a lot in the old RWD hoppers.

What he said about the damage sounds great too.

Look at what happened to Buttons car yesterday, he said he hardly felt the nudge from Teflonso and even with bits missing from his rear wing and diffuser he was still very competetive. If that contact had been replicated virtually in FM3 then even if he was driving a tank of a car Button would have been losing seconds a lap and would have been spun into the barrier. What Ant was saying sounded really positive especially for online racing where a slight bit of over exuberance into turn 1 or a tiny bit of lag wont wreck a race.

Perry McCarthy
Old 13 Sep 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2758780)   #261
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
I am in exactly in the same boat as you. I tend to download setups and then tweak them to suit my style. I'm glad its not just me! In fact one of my favourite Rfactor mods is the Renault Clio Cup since there is very little you can change on the cars.

I'm not usually big on racing modern single seaters but I've got to admit I am starting to drool a bit now. The wet weather effects are pretty impressive. You know you are sad when you admire the light reflections off the front tyres!
Old 13 Sep 2010, 17:24 (Ref:2758837)   #262
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudgun View Post
In fact one of my favourite Rfactor mods is the Renault Clio Cup since there is very little you can change on the cars.
Definitely! Great little mod, you on about the 2008 version?

On topic, this looks great, sadly i'll have to wait for my birthday as the girlfriend won't let me play it before!
Old 14 Sep 2010, 16:59 (Ref:2759337)   #263
staid davenport
Racer

England
London
staid davenport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
When you race at abu dhabi does it start in daylight/dusk then turn into night, as in real life??
Old 14 Sep 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2759343)   #264
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think the answer is yes to your question about the rsce you said about if on the right setting that is
Old 17 Sep 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2760869)   #265
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The TV ad is up and running 7 days left now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXfjb...layer_embedded
Old 17 Sep 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2760890)   #266
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudgun View Post
I think Ant made a point I'd never even thought of before, where in racing sims you need to do all the setup work yourself whereas in the real world the groundwork is done by the team and practice sessions are just effectively tweaking it. Most race sims/mods provide a default setup for the car, but not individual tracks. An interesting view which made me stop and think for a minute.
Quote:
I used to often make that point, but simmers have fits when you mention it so I stopped.
I've always thought of that, and to be fair to simmers, I think the majority of them think like that too. Most aren't interested in the setup, they just want a game that doesn't drive like Need for Speed.

I'm getting ever increasingly excited about this, the more I hear about it. Fingers crossed it'll be as good as it promises!
Old 17 Sep 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2760901)   #267
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
From what I can gather, the only things to not get excited about are the lack of damage (interviews have been rather sheepish as far as the damage modelling goes) and the "live the life" concept, which i've never been amazingly fussed about to begin with.

Selby
Old 17 Sep 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2760956)   #268
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
A little vid showing the lighting model. Singapore looks good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIumWKpBsX4
Old 18 Sep 2010, 04:05 (Ref:2761104)   #269
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennaTheGreat View Post
A little vid showing the lighting model. Singapore looks good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIumWKpBsX4
Yeah Singapore looks very good, can't wait to race there, depending on if I have the time I aiming to do a full Singapore race weekend in the days leading up the actual race next weekend to get ready for the race itself.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2761230)   #270
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Yeah Singapore looks very good, can't wait to race there, depending on if I have the time I aiming to do a full Singapore race weekend in the days leading up the actual race next weekend to get ready for the race itself.
Sounds like a good idea, only thing is with me is i'm working friday when the game is released in the U.K so wont have much game time and i'm working saturday. But from sunday, 2 weeks off for F1 2010 and gallons of beer!
Old 19 Sep 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2761560)   #271
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is from elsewhere but useful insight:

I picked up my F1 2010 review code (PC) on Friday, and sunk about 5 hours into it yesterday. I can't go into too much detail for risk of breaking the embargo, but I can make a few general points:

1.) Eye watering visuals. Without doubt the sexiest racing game I've ever seen. I'm running all settings maxed, 1920 x 1080 with 4XAA, on my i5@3.8GHz, GTX 470 and 8GB DDR3, and it run super smoothly. The rain effects are sublime, but the real star of the show are the tracks. There's just so much stuff in the background that I'm often distracted by the view.

2.) Handling is not as hardcore as iRacing. While the cars have a propensity to spin if you apply too much gas coming out of a corner, they don't appear to mind if you drive them across the grass at 150km/h. I've lost count of the number of times I've cut a corner, with hardly any slowdown as a result. The force feedback also isn't quite as lovely as iRacing - it is good, but iRacing's bumps and steering feel more realistic.

3.) Car damage is quite forgiving. At times it feels almost like bumper cars - I'll often make contact with other vehicles, rubbing tires, with no penalty. I've got damage cranked to full, and full race penalties enabled. I'm more often given a penalty by the stewards than seeing any physical damage.

4.) The sound engine is superb. The screaming whine of the F1 engines are captured beautifully, as is the trackside ambiance.

5.) The AI is brutally hard. I've set it to amateur, and have come last in every race so far. It's quite strange - while the handling seems easy when set to full real, the AI is still hard when set to its most basic.

6.) Overall the game is fantastic fun. While hardcore simmers may dislike the ability to drive over grass and bump and grind with other cars, most racers will love the way the game makes you feel like an F1 driver, piloting a rocket ship on wheels.

I can't say too much more, but I thought it'd be best to get people's expectations in line with the final product. The game is 95% there as a hardcore sim - it just needs the off-road and contact behaviour to be tweaked to make it perfect for iRacing fans. Hopefully this will be moddable by the community, or perhaps Codies could be persuaded to release a "Hardcore mode" as DLC that is much more punishing in this regard.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 21:14 (Ref:2761662)   #272
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
I have found out what teams are available to use on the 7 year career, Lotus, Virgin and HRT. Just wondering if anybody else knows what teams will be available for the 5 and 3 year careers?
Old 19 Sep 2010, 21:28 (Ref:2761671)   #273
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The same likely.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2761722)   #274
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same, the more I see of late the more I'm looking forward to it (and it looks the goods and walks the walk.) My steam preload is completed and just need to cloriform the family so I can get some time to play it.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 02:28 (Ref:2761733)   #275
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennaTheGreat
But from sunday, 2 weeks off for F1 2010 and gallons of beer!
Sounds like a great two weeks, just watch out for the breathalyzer at the end of pitlane..

This comes out on Thursday for us Aussies but hopefully one store breaks and the rest will follow.