Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Jun 2010, 15:52 (Ref:2707428)   #251
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The rear of the Ford GT #60 is crushed. I wonder if the engine is wreaked.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 15:52 (Ref:2707429)   #252
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Mechanical issue for #70, that's why it's stranded out on track.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2707430)   #253
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
it looks like both fords caused the red flag, they are the only ones not in the pits
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2707431)   #254
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
dude read the timing sheets, the peugeut is below last years pole, and the track isnt rubered yet, and its only practice, Audi has not shown with he R15 anything near the Peugeuts pace, I guess it was peugeut tht was sandbaging all the tme
Yes i read the timing sheets!
But it's the first time the R15+ is at Le Mans!
It's the 4th time the 908 is there!
Who do you think has most setup work to do, and therefor can't run flat-out laps?.
Sometimes you have to analyze the data you receive instead of eating it raw!
Old 9 Jun 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2707432)   #255
MihokS5
Racer

MihokS5 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm impressed with the Pugs pace and don't know what to think of the R15 at the moment. The car seemed promising at Spa and PR-how could it be so off again at this circuit??
Old 9 Jun 2010, 15:55 (Ref:2707433)   #256
Martin90
Racer

Netherlands
Martin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMartin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
we're less than two hours in the session, would seem a bit too early for me to draw conclusions (even though the pugs are lightning fast).
Old 9 Jun 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2707437)   #257
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Audi has been to Le mans gazilion times, there is minimal setup work to do, and they have to run all out, because these are the only dry weather tsting they will get, and who says peugeut is running all out

people need to face that AUDI doesent posses god like qualities, and they can be beaten,
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2707438)   #258
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I totally agree. You knew beforehand that Peugeot would have the upperhand in the beginning of the session. Their initial setup is more sorted out than Audi's.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:02 (Ref:2707439)   #259
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Green,Green,Green
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:03 (Ref:2707440)   #260
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JLOC is back out, and rebellion #12 has spun off.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2707441)   #261
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Audi has been to Le mans gazilion times, there is minimal setup work to do, and they have to run all out, because these are the only dry weather tsting they will get, and who says peugeut is running all out

people need to face that AUDI doesent posses god like qualities, and they can be beaten,
First off, i cheer for Peugeot, despite the fact im Dane! (i do also cheer for Tom K)

But the experience Audi have from their other years can not be used on setting up a brand new car, which will react totally different on the track.
The fact that this might be the only dry session, only means its more important to set the car up, that driving flat out, as you might not get another chance to do you dry setup!

I know Audi isn't god at Le Mans, but c'mon!, it's the first session, nothing more!, you can't but judgment already!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
I totally agree. You knew beforehand that Peugeot would have the upperhand in the beginning of the session. Their initial setup is more sorted out than Audi's.
Thank you
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2707442)   #262
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jag finally showed up on timing.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2707443)   #263
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
Possibly next year ACO should make the GT1's faster. And also getting more team across from the WC.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2707444)   #264
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
#8 Audi has just been eaten alive on the straight by two Peugeots.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2707445)   #265
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
I may be a little premature but I am kind of happy to see peugeut smahing qualifing pace at the first pracice, even after all the regulations to slow them down, what we are seeing is one verry fast car, and I doupt audi will be faster, maybe in perfect conditions with the best driver, but still only just as fast

IMO with a brand new car, audi should have been in front, by alot
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2707446)   #266
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
#8 Audi has just been eaten alive on the straight by two Peugeots.
Audi is either sandbagging until the very last minute or this will be a very long weekend for them...
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2707447)   #267
EsbenT
Rookie

Norway
Sandnes
EsbenT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon the Audis are concentrating on their setup for the time being. There is no doubt, however, that the Peugeots are the ones to beat and are looking the strongest at the moment,
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2707448)   #268
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
All the factory Peugeots below the 3:24 barrier, Lamy has trumped Montagny and Gene has done a 3:23.6-ish.

Also, Strakka are definitely going to lose P2 if Nick Leventis keeps overdriving.

P.S. The Lambo is faster than the all-am Prospeed Porsche.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2707451)   #269
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Lamy locks in a 3:22.350
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2707453)   #270
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
I may be a little premature but I am kind of happy to see peugeut smahing qualifing pace at the first pracice, even after all the regulations to slow them down, what we are seeing is one verry fast car, and I doupt audi will be faster, maybe in perfect conditions with the best driver, but still only just as fast

IMO with a brand new car, audi should have been in front, by alot
Then you have a lot to learn about Le Mans!
It's perfectly okay to express your opinion, but don't mock anyone when you can't back it up with prober facts.
A brand new car is almost never as fast as a proven car in the first session at Le Mans!, just look at the 908's first Le Mans, and then you will understand it.
Again, you have a lot to learn about Le Mans, but keep our mind open to all possibilities and follow this forum close, and you will learn. But not by mocking others!
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2707456)   #271
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Peugeot 1-2-3-4.

However... Allan McNish is getting in the #7 Audi, so expect fireworks.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:19 (Ref:2707458)   #272
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Peugeot 1-2-3-4.
*hums the Marseillaise*

McNish taking over the #7 now...
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:20 (Ref:2707460)   #273
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Then you have a lot to learn about Le Mans!
It's perfectly okay to express your opinion, but don't mock anyone when you can't back it up with prober facts.
A brand new car is almost never as fast as a proven car in the first session at Le Mans!, just look at the 908's first Le Mans, and then you will understand it.
Again, you have a lot to learn about Le Mans, but keep our mind open to all possibilities and follow this forum close, and you will learn. But not by mocking others!
dude, i am sorry if i insulted you, relax and enjoy the peugeut show
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:20 (Ref:2707461)   #274
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peugeot 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Sandbagging for Audi should stop now with McNish getting in the #7
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2707462)   #275
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
And the last remaining Ford is off...