Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Sep 2014, 04:12 (Ref:3456797)   #251
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok so substitute Jamie Whincup in my post for Warren Luff, Steve Richards or Steve Owen, probably considered amongst the best main game co drivers available.

My point still stands.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 04:28 (Ref:3456799)   #252
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
ok so substitute Jamie Whincup in my post for Warren Luff, Steve Richards or Steve Owen, probably considered amongst the best main game co drivers available.

My point still stands.
your point is valid, however does it matter?

Good drivers are going to hook up with good teams, because they will actually want to win the race and they often have a link to a team anyway
Old 23 Sep 2014, 04:33 (Ref:3456801)   #253
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Given how many copilots were looking for ambulance money after running longer than expected at Sandown, you have to wonder whether there is a risk in them being busy on the Dumlop series stuff , when payday is Sunday..
Old 23 Sep 2014, 22:46 (Ref:3457021)   #254
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
your point is valid, however does it matter?

Good drivers are going to hook up with good teams, because they will actually want to win the race and they often have a link to a team anyway
Of course it matters. What's the point of having a championship race where a ring-in can do more laps than the championship driver, and in doing so elevate the championship driver in the standings, which is not based on the championship drivers merit?
Old 23 Sep 2014, 22:58 (Ref:3457024)   #255
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Of course it matters. What's the point of having a championship race where a ring-in can do more laps than the championship driver, and in doing so elevate the championship driver in the standings, which is not based on the championship drivers merit?
Same rule applies in the Bathurst 1000 also. Main game driver only has to complete a third of the race

At Sandown many of the co drivers did as many laps (or very close to) as the main game driver.

I dont think there are that many awesome drivers sitting there waiting to fill in in the Bathurst 250. and if they are they are going into car that are already front runners.

and really so what if it lifts 25th in the championship further up the grid, good for sponsors .

IF the sereis was worried about this it would not have reverse grid races which has significantly more effect.

You are also forgetting that this is what the teams want also
Old 24 Sep 2014, 00:40 (Ref:3457033)   #256
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
13 & a bit laps is one third distance, so more or less the same rules that the main game enduros operate under.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 05:20 (Ref:3457081)   #257
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
You're forgetting that the lead driver in the main game is usually the best, with the 2nd drivers generally the best of the rest, and generally better than main drivers in DVS. Big difference.

So we base this rule on the assumption that a good driver won't go for a crap seat? Sounds logical to base a rule on an assumption.

What if John Bowe has a young but for-the-moment ordinary bloke under his wing in decent machinery, and jumps in as his co-driver, does 28 laps and totally smashes the field. Not impossible seeing the comments some people still make about JB being quick.

Is young but for-the-moment ordinary bloke entitled to be credited with the win, when young but for-the-moment ordinary bloke is the championship contender, and only did 1/3 of the laps with hired gun dragging him to the top?
Old 24 Sep 2014, 05:35 (Ref:3457087)   #258
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
You're forgetting that the lead driver in the main game is usually the best, with the 2nd drivers generally the best of the rest, and generally better than main drivers in DVS. Big difference.

So we base this rule on the assumption that a good driver won't go for a crap seat? Sounds logical to base a rule on an assumption.

What if John Bowe has a young but for-the-moment ordinary bloke under his wing in decent machinery, and jumps in as his co-driver, does 28 laps and totally smashes the field. Not impossible seeing the comments some people still make about JB being quick.

Is young but for-the-moment ordinary bloke entitled to be credited with the win, when young but for-the-moment ordinary bloke is the championship contender, and only did 1/3 of the laps with hired gun dragging him to the top?
Im not saying you dont have a point, but does it really matter, the original assumption was on main game drivers taking part (which is not allowed) but with it only being enduro drivers the point really doesnt matter (if it helps you cant get some championship winning WTCC driver to come and race either)

It is one race out of the championship will have minimum affect on the championship , as you are talking about back markers (who probably dont have a front running car anyway so wont be challenging for wins)

The same think thing applies in the Aust GT championship and NZ Supertourers. Happens in the 12 hour race as well Average drivers get boosted by top name drivers and end up with their name on a trophy.
That's how Motorsport works when its not the top level.

There are also plenty of Bathurst 1000 winners who are not heros but have a win (think Nick Pearcat or the guy that did one lap) Thats how enduros work
Old 24 Sep 2014, 06:48 (Ref:3457096)   #259
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Your comparisons are irrelevant (and i'm surprised you're comparing V8SC to GT's. That will get the chins wagging in the GT threads)

- Percat and Mulholland were the co-drivers of the regular/better driver
- GT in Australia is a gentlemans racing empire were good drivers are hired to co-drive

Neither are the 2nd tier "development" category. This is supposed to be about developing drivers, not giving them free kicks
Old 25 Sep 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3457663)   #260
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fairly similar rules to a lot of sportscar events. It's not so much that the one driver must do a third of the race, but that no driver can do more than 2/3rds.
Old 26 Sep 2014, 06:16 (Ref:3457743)   #261
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like Mr Macrow has a ride for the Dunlop series round at Bathurst...

Old 26 Sep 2014, 10:10 (Ref:3457783)   #262
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Looks like Mr Macrow has a ride for the Dunlop series round at Bathurst...

Whose car is that??
Old 26 Sep 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3457786)   #263
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
Whose car is that??
Looks like an ex-Kelly Racing unit from here..
Old 26 Sep 2014, 10:34 (Ref:3457790)   #264
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car Lestrup had been driving? Looking at the splitter in the back of the photo
Old 26 Sep 2014, 11:36 (Ref:3457801)   #265
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure it is the second R-Sport car.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 28 Sep 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3458311)   #266
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Seems that Erebus shifted their Dogecoin plans to Erebus Academy pilot Mr LeBrocq..

Old 28 Sep 2014, 23:41 (Ref:3458468)   #267
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to THR Developments and there purchases of the ex Kelly Racing cars (2 Cars i think).

I thought they were looking at entering one in for Bathurst. But what about there grand plans on a complete series assault...
Old 29 Sep 2014, 12:54 (Ref:3458569)   #268
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What makes Jack the driver of the #DogeV8? Did they get some sort of deal done?
Old 29 Sep 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3458723)   #269
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, seems Erebus have guided the funding towards Mr Le Brocq's campaign.
Old 1 Oct 2014, 07:57 (Ref:3459104)   #270
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The new Tecalemit livery...

Old 1 Oct 2014, 12:33 (Ref:3459163)   #271
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Take out the white and it reminds me of an Irwin livery.
Old 4 Oct 2014, 03:18 (Ref:3460060)   #272
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
New pilot for the #27 MWM car..

Old 6 Oct 2014, 04:13 (Ref:3461104)   #273
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
More one-off sponsors..
Old 6 Oct 2014, 07:24 (Ref:3461139)   #274
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
More one-off sponsors..
I just saw the EMS truck in town with only the B trailer, maybe they are bringing Dumbrells car by container

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 6 Oct 2014, 18:17 (Ref:3461386)   #275
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
I just saw the EMS truck in town with only the B trailer, maybe they are bringing Dumbrells car by container

How about an air drop out the back of the Herc on Conrod? That'd be a nice entrance.