Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Aug 2014, 17:54 (Ref:3441982)   #251
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It has been a few pages since we looked at the potential Proto entries for 2015, so here we go. Feel free to add anything I forget:

DP's
1 - Action Express (2nd car possible)
1 - Taylor
1 - Spirit of Daytona
1 - Marsh
1 - Ganassi (2nd car possible)
1 - Shank
1 - Old Shank Car (NAEC?)

P2's
2 - ESM
2 - Speedsource
1 - Andretti (2nd car possible)
1 - Oak (2nd car possible)
1 - Rahal
1 - Krohn (NAEC?)

Other
1 - Deltawing

It looks like the overall numbers will still be in the range of 12 (give or take a couple) for the full season with a few other cars likely showing up for the NAEC.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 17:57 (Ref:3441984)   #252
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Starworks HPD-Riley should show up as well if everything goes according to plan, I'd think.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3441985)   #253
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Starworks HPD-Riley should show up as well if everything goes according to plan, I'd think.
Thanks, forgot about that one. So maybe full season we could be looking closer to 14?

DP's
1 - Taylor
1 - Spirit of Daytona
1 - Marsh
1 - Shank
1 - Starworks

P2's
2 - ESM
2 - Speedsource
1 - Rahal
1 - Krohn (NAEC?)

Other
1 - Deltawing
Old 6 Aug 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3441986)   #254
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about GAINSCO? Think they can come back.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 18:25 (Ref:3441989)   #255
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
What about GAINSCO? Think they can come back.
I am thinking if they do it will be in a car with a CF tub. Stallings was pretty overcome by Memo's injuries.

L.P.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 19:10 (Ref:3441995)   #256
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Red dragon P2 would be neat
Old 6 Aug 2014, 19:39 (Ref:3442007)   #257
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Thanks, forgot about that one. So maybe full season we could be looking closer to 14?

DP's
1 - Taylor
1 - Spirit of Daytona
1 - Marsh
1 - Shank
1 - Starworks

P2's
2 - ESM
2 - Speedsource
1 - Rahal
1 - Krohn (NAEC?)

Other
1 - Deltawing
Has OAK confirmed that they are returning in 2015?
Old 6 Aug 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3442014)   #258
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Has OAK confirmed that they are returning in 2015?
I am not sure. They are bringing a second car for petit this year, but that doesn't necessarily indicate a presence next season. I'm guessing if certain drivers bring the $ then they will be there. They have shown their competitiveness on the us tracks with the Morgan and the Ligier seemed to work well at Le Mans so I think they have a pretty good sales pitch to potential drivers and teams looking for a car.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 21:18 (Ref:3442031)   #259
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Exactly Joe, I suspect that these guys will have a say: http://www.gustavoyacaman.com/sponsors.html

Here's hoping, they've really added to the series this year. Pity Pickett gave up before we got the real three-way scrap with the Oreca, Morgan and HPD, but here's hoping for next 2015.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 21:19 (Ref:3442032)   #260
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If I were running in this series and had the budget to field two entries, I'd had one P2 and one DP to diminish the BoP effects. Or at least P2 for the full season and dayton pruto for NAECs
Old 6 Aug 2014, 21:56 (Ref:3442036)   #261
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it is hard to win tracks like Daytona in a P2.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 22:06 (Ref:3442041)   #262
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Without OAK this year, this series would have been a lot different, and I know I would have tuned out for good after Sebring.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 22:27 (Ref:3442048)   #263
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What happened to 8 star? Weren't they supposed to be buying a Ligier?
Old 6 Aug 2014, 22:37 (Ref:3442051)   #264
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedSmile View Post
What happened to 8 star? Weren't they supposed to be buying a Ligier?
Venezeulan oil money going to motorsports dried up.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 01:06 (Ref:3442087)   #265
Bill38
Rookie

Bill38 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Muscle Milk's Program

What has happen to Pickett's Muscle Milk P2 program? I thought they were going to get back into the TUDOR series.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 01:13 (Ref:3442089)   #266
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill38 View Post
What has happen to Pickett's Muscle Milk P2 program? I thought they were going to get back into the TUDOR series.
Dead and buried, team dismantled and brand sold.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 01:22 (Ref:3442090)   #267
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill38 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Dead and buried, team dismantled and brand sold.
Yeah, think he had been working on selling the brand and getting out of MuscleMilk since last year as quick as they were gone. And without him controlling the brand the racing was going to be purely out of pocket. Hormel doesn't seem to have a sportscar presence in any series, Spam must not be a big seller to the wine and cheese sportscar crowd.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 01:48 (Ref:3442095)   #268
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, think he had been working on selling the brand and getting out of MuscleMilk since last year as quick as they were gone. And without him controlling the brand the racing was going to be purely out of pocket. Hormel doesn't seem to have a sportscar presence in any series, Spam must not be a big seller to the wine and cheese sportscar crowd.
Hey, Hormel makes a lot more than Spam! In fact, looking at that list is making me strangely hungry....
Old 7 Aug 2014, 15:08 (Ref:3442245)   #269
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Schmidt Peterson Motorsports pursuing P-2 entry ....

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/10723...rototype-entry

L.P.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3442247)   #270
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards
"If you look at putting the Indy 500, the 24 Hours of Daytona, Sebring and even Le Mans together, it's a pretty exciting package that goes beyond a typical sports car or IndyCar program."
Yessssss please.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3442273)   #271
BullMan
Veteran

I hope we can A) see all of these planned HPD coupes out there next year, and B) see a P2 besides the HPD coupes out there next year.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3442279)   #272
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This reminds me a lot of Acura's approach in 2008.

Get the best teams and drivers you have at your disposal on the grid.

Actually kind of excites me... now where are the Penske Porsches?
Old 7 Aug 2014, 17:45 (Ref:3442282)   #273
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post
This reminds me a lot of Acura's approach in 2008.

Get the best teams and drivers you have at your disposal on the grid.
Except this time it is entirely a customer program. If Andretti and Schmidt can get an HPD in TUSC next year that is great, but I'm wondering why these teams, and Rahal to an extent, are thinking now is a good time to enter prototype racing? Is the new HPD chassis really what is driving this? Is it purely a commercial exercise that they think they can make money on?
Old 7 Aug 2014, 21:48 (Ref:3442329)   #274
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Except this time it is entirely a customer program. If Andretti and Schmidt can get an HPD in TUSC next year that is great, but I'm wondering why these teams, and Rahal to an extent, are thinking now is a good time to enter prototype racing? Is the new HPD chassis really what is driving this? Is it purely a commercial exercise that they think they can make money on?
They can win overall (theoretically) and they don't have to field a P1 car. The barrier to entry was much higher in the past if they wanted to contend for wins in a US sportscar series.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 09:28 (Ref:3442973)   #275
Deleted
Veteran

Apparently there will be some 'major' USCC & CTSCC news today 11am CT, presumably/maybe calendar related.