Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2016, 22:10 (Ref:3650291)   #251
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I want more action already. What time tomorrow does qualifying begin?
1800 BST.
1900 Local/GMT
Old 15 Jun 2016, 22:11 (Ref:3650292)   #252
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
I think the GT1's at one point were doing like 3:48/49s?
3:47 in 2008 iirc by the Vette GT1.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 22:14 (Ref:3650293)   #253
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
That was a bit of a dull session, wasn't it.
agree and tbh I'm not excited for the race. I'm not sure why but the extra cost package of movie channels is opened this week for me and I have just been watching tones of films in the past few days. I guess that diverted my mood for racing somehow.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 22:14 (Ref:3650294)   #254
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

How much more HP did those GT1 cars have then compared to the GTE cars now, roughly?
Old 15 Jun 2016, 22:15 (Ref:3650296)   #255
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
3:47.668
Old 15 Jun 2016, 22:15 (Ref:3650297)   #256
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
agree and tbh I'm not excited for the race. I'm not sure why but the extra cost package of movie channels is opened this week for me and I have just been watching tones of films in the past few days. I guess that diverted my mood for racing somehow.

What's dampening my excitement is the prospect for rain during the race; really hoping somewhere it's only light rain and we get a bunch of dry running. Can't remember the last time we had a completely dry and warm race at LeMans
Old 15 Jun 2016, 22:16 (Ref:3650298)   #257
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
How much more HP did those GT1 cars have then compared to the GTE cars now, roughly?
Think they were at 600+hp and weighed 1100-1200kg.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 22:58 (Ref:3650303)   #258
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do we think the Corvette, Aston, Porsche will catch up to the Ford- Ferrari?
I would have to think so right? The GTE cars are supposed to be faster than last year?

Ford-Ferrari would be fun to watch nonetheless.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 23:45 (Ref:3650315)   #259
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is the weather forecast for Le Mans over the next few days. Looks like we are in for a wet race.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=we...JuLR8ge_yrjIBQ
Old 16 Jun 2016, 01:17 (Ref:3650329)   #260
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
If either of tomorrow's sessions are dry, we might see some improvements. But I'm not hopeful. I'm betting that the green track and off and on yellow flags didn't help anyone set fast times.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 02:28 (Ref:3650342)   #261
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
My Chip Ganassi fandom is at an all time high.
You got that right! I was shocked to see the results. All of them up there.
Certainly a different performance than we are use to here.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 05:04 (Ref:3650357)   #262
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So much for anti-sandbagging ACO devices...
Well, technically both Ford and Ferrari should be having a pace advantage since they both developed all-new cars for the new regs, and these new GTE cars were supposed to be much faster than the older cars.
Frankly it was kind of hilarious when watching the LMPesque Ford lap slower than last year's cars.

As for the race itself, both the Ford and Ferrari are new cars and they haven't been the most reliable. But among them, there are 7 cars, so it is already kind of looking like LMP1 Hybrid vs LMP1 privateers...
Old 16 Jun 2016, 07:24 (Ref:3650376)   #263
Carbone
Rookie

Carbone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The track is faster of 2 seconds since 2012 with the surfacing (turn of the Tertre Rouge until the turn of Mulsanne). With the same track as today, the GT1 would be in 3'45''.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 08:28 (Ref:3650392)   #264
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
You know what, I'm beginning to wonder if it will be Porsche 1-2 and then a Rebellion!
This is my prediction. But I hope that, with a bit of luck, Toyota will do it this year.
For the time, I have seen Audi having troubles keeping the cars for a while in the pits during a practice session. Some car conception problems ?
Old 16 Jun 2016, 10:23 (Ref:3650422)   #265
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
I hope that is true they can adjust the BOP before the race because if they don't it will be a Ford/Ferrari runaway. At the end of the Q1 the Ford is already 3.8 seconds quicker than last years pole for GTE pro.
I said it would happen as soon as I saw them and their times at Silverstone. The rest of the field have to hope that they break - which some of them will.....
Old 16 Jun 2016, 13:15 (Ref:3650464)   #266
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
So much for anti-sandbagging ACO devices...
Well, technically both Ford and Ferrari should be having a pace advantage since they both developed all-new cars for the new regs, and these new GTE cars were supposed to be much faster than the older cars.
Frankly it was kind of hilarious when watching the LMPesque Ford lap slower than last year's cars.

As for the race itself, both the Ford and Ferrari are new cars and they haven't been the most reliable. But among them, there are 7 cars, so it is already kind of looking like LMP1 Hybrid vs LMP1 privateers...
Corvette and Aston have new cars as well.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 13:19 (Ref:3650466)   #267
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Corvette and Aston have new cars as well.
Perhaps, but not new models and the changes aren't at the level of the Ferrari and Ford. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Corvette has proven it can run for 24 hours, the Ford and Ferrari are more of a question mark.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 13:43 (Ref:3650474)   #268
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Aston Martin, new model? Crikey! A very rare event, has there been a transit of Mercury in Newport Pagnell?

Posted from Le Mans on some magical electronic device XT-43-F
Old 16 Jun 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3650495)   #269
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Only thing that makes the Ferrari newer is the engine.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 15:12 (Ref:3650502)   #270
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If the 2008 GT1 cars had the LM asphalt runoff shortcuts of today they probably could have done 42 to 43 or something.

Anyway, quick reactions from yesterday:
P1 - intriguing and problematic running
P2 - questionable driving standards
GTE - utter joke

Excited to see the final sessions today at the front. Toyota is pleasant surprise. Hope CLM lasts...
Old 16 Jun 2016, 15:21 (Ref:3650509)   #271
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, let's hope CLM lasts.

Last year I started by thinking they were a joke, but they proved they are real racers that fight like hell regardless of the problems they face. They got my respect.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 15:25 (Ref:3650514)   #272
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cruise strategy avoiding problems probably suits them for the best, but at least their spare situation seems to have improved over last year. Hopefully they make it ok.

There was great positive CLM interview on ES last night.

Rebellions were encouraging too, and without issues (again unlike majority in LMP1). Spells good for sat-sun... anyway mystifying how #12 still continues to lack behind 13
Old 16 Jun 2016, 16:18 (Ref:3650541)   #273
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
If the 2008 GT1 cars had the LM asphalt runoff shortcuts of today they probably could have done 42 to 43 or something.

Anyway, quick reactions from yesterday:
P1 - intriguing and problematic running
P2 - questionable driving standards
GTE - utter joke

Excited to see the final sessions today at the front. Toyota is pleasant surprise. Hope CLM lasts...
What runoffs make you go faster? Exit of Porsche curves is the only area imo that'd let them run a better line. Now they have sausage curbs at the ford chicanes that probably negate any advantage gained there.

I doubt Rebellion finishes on the podium. The factory cars will have built up so much of an advantage that if they encounter small issues their gap to them will be sufficient to stay ahead. If not, I expect everyone to have their fair share of problems, including Rebellion. Those unforeseen circumstances can befall anyone.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 16:23 (Ref:3650545)   #274
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
What runoffs make you go faster? Exit of Porsche curves is the only area imo that'd let them run a better line. Now they have sausage curbs at the ford chicanes that probably negate any advantage gained there.
Everywhere they go past the white line to runoff (ie almost every corner)? They wouldn't use them if there wasn't advantage to be gained. They can brake later -if not go flat out - in places that required patience before. Cormer exit speeds have grown for Mulsanne too, amongst elsewhere
Old 16 Jun 2016, 16:26 (Ref:3650546)   #275
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
I doubt Rebellion finishes on the podium. The factory cars will have built up so much of an advantage that if they encounter small issues their gap to them will be sufficient to stay ahead. If not, I expect everyone to have their fair share of problems, including Rebellion. Those unforeseen circumstances can befall anyone.
What about the post-Spa working hybrid rule change?

I don't expect "small issues" to help the Swiss either, just as they have never before really either, but terminal issues or lengthy garage visits are still more likely than before IMO (plus only six cars ahead)