Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Feb 2005, 22:58 (Ref:1232915)   #251
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukracing
What about Josh Fisher, he will be running with the championship class guys in his national machine!
Although I rate Fisher, this I certainly doubt for a variety of reasons!
Old 22 Feb 2005, 23:02 (Ref:1232920)   #252
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if danny comes back to british f3, he'd be a complete nonce if he didn't win it against that field, it's got to be said...
Old 22 Feb 2005, 23:40 (Ref:1232962)   #253
ukracing
Racer

ukracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What reasons then?
Old 22 Feb 2005, 23:46 (Ref:1232969)   #254
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
right, unless anyone else has got a life they'd like to wave in front of everyone, HAS anyone got a list of definitive entries for the year?

oooOOOooo

Hello dearie, a little green perchance?

See you *very* soon
Old 22 Feb 2005, 23:51 (Ref:1232972)   #255
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
hmm. i'm really not wanting to be a party pooper because i do love british f3, but i think the series is greater than the talent driving in it this year. i'm not doom mongering, just saying this year's driving ability doesn't seem to be that of last years.

i don't think dirani's head is on the game, and i'm not really convinced about bruno senna yet.

that's my opinion of course.
Well it's the year of the rookie, doncha know?

As for Dirani, Senna (and maybe Dan Clarke), perhaps you'd be up for some hat eating challenge after all?

btw, Edenbridge's guy (that's not quite the right spelling) is the one who beat Senna to win the FRenault race in Macau last year. About the same amount of [in]experience, too.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 09:47 (Ref:1233272)   #256
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Quote:
if danny comes back to british f3, he'd be a complete nonce if he didn't win it against that field, it's got to be said...
Well from everything I've read so far it seems it could happen and my guess would be he'd be in a brand new Lola at Promatecme.

He was considering Japan but didn't get the seat and it doesn't look as though he's racing WS or GP2 so unless he goes Euroseries its his only option.

Wouldn't say I expect him to destroy this field. I rate Watts very highly but I think Asmer will go well this year (that Renault engine hurt him last) and I think Bridgman and Conway will be right up there.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1233392)   #257
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think to say that the renault engine was mostly responsible for asmer being pants isn't too accurate. i'm not sure it was down to it being a learning year either. what was his best result?

thing is, danny really should be destroying the field with the level of experience and speed. if it was based solely on that, then he'd be winning by miles. but i fear the amount of testing and investment that conway will bring, and bridgman... until he's stopped being his own worst enemy i can't see him making an impression on conway or watts at the top.

that's a very idealistic view though. i'm not really factoring in the amount of testing or anything. it's just based on the past few years experience rather than the pre-season preparation or anything like that.

how many teams have got their hands on their new cars yet? it seems to be left very late this year.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1233401)   #258
hmmmm
Rookie

hmmmm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
everybody now. asmer will be out at pembry. i had the seme view as you on bridgeman but he really isn't as bad as eveyone makes out. give him a chance and i think you will be supprised. plus he isn't to bad at pedalling the thing either
Old 23 Feb 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1233426)   #259
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
the thing is, there's nothing to judge him against. the fbmw field last year was largely unproven, and test times for this season coming aren't worth looking at. phil glew didn't go hugely well in renaults (and bridgman only just beat him) so my first instinct is to say midfield. i guess it depends how well he can worth with his engineer now.

as i've always said, i'm happy to be proven wrong when it comes to this sort of thing.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1233428)   #260
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Susie Stoddart and Danilo Dirani won't be out until next week.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1233436)   #261
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I really can't see Danny coming back, unless it's a very closely-guarded secret. There are some stupidly cheap deals available in the F3Euroseries now as they struggle to keep the numbers somewhere last year's figure. Makela may end up there for that reason.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1233445)   #262
Dr Venom
Racer

Dr Venom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many New F3 "05" cars turn up at snett yesterday, did they test, if so anyone know times
Old 23 Feb 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1233451)   #263
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
I really can't see Danny coming back, unless it's a very closely-guarded secret. There are some stupidly cheap deals available in the F3Euroseries now as they struggle to keep the numbers somewhere last year's figure. Makela may end up there for that reason.
Suppose we'll have to wait and see Foxy but there was rumour of it in Autosprout a few weeks back.

Hope Makela stays in the UK, I rate him very highly. Surely if the Euroseries are "giving away" drives so to speak these drivers won't be stupid enough to jump ship and run over there after them? Cheap deals normally mean uncompetitive seats or half a jobs? Yes you might have a deal, you might be able to race but why bother if your going to compete for 20th place every week *cough*Tom Kimber-Smith *cough*. Especially if your a driver as good as Valle is. Up against ASM, Manor and Signature your not going to have a chance anyway.....

Last edited by Gaz; 23 Feb 2005 at 12:51.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1233468)   #264
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
There were 16 cars present in total:

Championship Class

FORTEC: Mike Conway, James Walker, Ronayne O'Mahoney
CARLIN: Christian Bakkerud, Keiko Ihara, Charlie Kimball
HiTECH: Tim Bridgman
MENU: Stephen Jelley
T-SPORT: Ryan Lewis
RRR: Bruno Senna, Dan Clarke (neither went on track)

National Class

P1: Salvador Duran
PROMATECME: Charlie Hollings
ADR: Jonathan Kennard, Juho Annala
EDENBRIDGE: Lou Meng Cheong (still building the car for most of the day)

No idea about times, but they would have been irrelevant. The conditions were shocking - the first red flag was caused by lack of visibility due to a min-blizzard! There was sunshine at times, but it never dried out and remained bitterly cold.

Weather permitting, things will be better at Pembrey tomorrow and on Friday.

Last edited by strider; 23 Feb 2005 at 13:03. Reason: typo!
Old 23 Feb 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1233472)   #265
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
Hope Makela stays in the UK, I rate him very highly. Surely if the Euroseries are "giving away" drives so to speak these drivers won't be stupid enough to jump ship and run over there after them? Cheap deals normally mean uncompetitive seats or half a jobs? Yes you might have a deal, you might be able to race but why bother if your going to compete for 20th place every week *cough*Tom Kimber-Smith *cough*. Especially if your a driver as good as Valle is. Up against ASM, Manor and Signature your not going to have a chance anyway.....
Totally agree, Gaz. That's why I said TK-S should be doing National Class BritF3 this year and ditto Makela. He might turn up with Fluid, but the chances look less now than they were a couple of weeks ago.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1233482)   #266
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
in makela's defence, it's either f3 euroseries, or british f3 national class, both in relative terms running at about the same place in the field (one admittedly with a potential title at stake), i know which one i'd be looking at more seriously. especially if it was a good deal (logic says the national class, but racing drivers aren't logical are they?).

i've just had a think about the rest of the racing at that sort of level and higher and the only one that i'm not sure who's going to win in is gp2. that's the way it's supposed to be, i suppose.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1233619)   #267
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Id rather do Renaults than National F3, or just spend a year testing F3 cars.
Old 24 Feb 2005, 13:05 (Ref:1234434)   #268
Dr Venom
Racer

Dr Venom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found this on the F3 website, any pictures of this F3 "underwear"

"The 2005 British F3 International Series got underwear on Tuesday 22nd February with its first official test day at Snetterton"
Old 24 Feb 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1234452)   #269
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the PR person is new this year, give them time to master the art of the spellchecker...
Old 24 Feb 2005, 14:35 (Ref:1234517)   #270
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Trouble is, the spelling is okay, it's the word that is (possibly) inappropriate...
Old 24 Feb 2005, 14:37 (Ref:1234520)   #271
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
Id rather do Renaults than National F3, or just spend a year testing F3 cars.
Then you're missing the point of National F3.
Old 24 Feb 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1234530)   #272
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Trouble is, the spelling is okay, it's the word that is (possibly) inappropriate...
My guess (possibly incorrect) was that "underwear" was suggested to replace a spelling error or typo and blindly accepted as correct...
Old 24 Feb 2005, 15:26 (Ref:1234564)   #273
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Then you're missing the point of National F3.

Spend lots of money, win a meaningless championship, and not learn anything you couldnt learn another way?
Old 24 Feb 2005, 16:56 (Ref:1234620)   #274
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
Spend lots of money, win a meaningless championship, and not learn anything you couldnt learn another way?
I'd hardly think Gary Paffett, Robbie Kerr and Adam Carroll would see it like that Russ!
Old 24 Feb 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1234626)   #275
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
National F3 is certainly a good training ground for drivers without a doubt, it is also closer to F1 in terms of setup and so on...unless i have been misinformed