Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Jan 2008, 17:45 (Ref:2099398)   #251
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You might need to check your NAT setting on your router, Forza seems very particular about it. If it isn't set to "open" then you'll need to go into your router and fiddle.... Can't remember how you do that though.

Go to network test on your 360 to check your NAT.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 18:23 (Ref:2099417)   #252
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, and then stare at the NAT setting and wonder how the hell you change it because you are stuck with a BT router.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 19:33 (Ref:2099460)   #253
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Yes, and then stare at the NAT setting and wonder how the hell you change it because you are stuck with a BT router.
if in this predicament, stay away from all blunt and sharp objects, particularly hammers and mallets
Old 4 Jan 2008, 22:36 (Ref:2099553)   #254
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've also heard that xBox Live has been playing up worldwide for the last 10 days.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 22:41 (Ref:2099557)   #255
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Apparently so, I think COD4 was to blame for it!

Although it has seemed OK to me for the last week. There was a period of two or three days where you could not get on properly at all.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 22:57 (Ref:2099572)   #256
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently it was Ubisoft servers flopped or something and cocked it all up. But yes, was extremely irritating.

btw: You're right about COD4 being wayyy too short Knowlesy
Old 4 Jan 2008, 23:02 (Ref:2099576)   #257
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Beautiful while it lasts, but very short. Can be done in an evening on normal.

There is always veteran difficulty.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 23:09 (Ref:2099582)   #258
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Pfft, Hardened is annoying me, i keep getting killed inside the TV station...
Old 4 Jan 2008, 23:13 (Ref:2099586)   #259
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Just got to take your time really. And hold your breath.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 08:58 (Ref:2099772)   #260
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.F.
Ok I've just set up live and been playing call of duty 4 with no problems for hours now.I got slightly bored of that and decided to give forza a go,I didn't think it would be any harder to get racing than it was to get killing...Not so.I can't seem to join a quick match and if I set up a race myself I sit here for a half hour watching nobody join.Any one have any advice? And if you're interested I have a 5 lap R3 race at road atlanta waiting for players right now
Send me a FR and i'll race you when i'm online.
Old 7 Jan 2008, 01:10 (Ref:2100973)   #261
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sweet,what's your sign in name
Old 8 Jan 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2101795)   #262
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.F.
sweet,what's your sign in name
Sorry lol

iSTELTHYi
Old 8 Jan 2008, 14:04 (Ref:2101867)   #263
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Missed a nice race last night, STELTHY! Had you been able to make it and avoided tearing up your car, I think a pretty strong finish would have been on the cards in Room 2 - only P1 and P2 finished without major damage!
Old 9 Jan 2008, 01:59 (Ref:2102293)   #264
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny side up!
Missed a nice race last night, STELTHY! Had you been able to make it and avoided tearing up your car, I think a pretty strong finish would have been on the cards in Room 2 - only P1 and P2 finished without major damage!
I was working. Was only halfway through my shift when you guys started, so there was no way i would've made it.

Just hope next time i have that day off.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 09:08 (Ref:2102403)   #265
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hey Knowlesy good to finally meet up with you last night, now you just need to find your Comms LOL

Sorry about the Scaglietti smash up at Sunset I was completely out of control when I hit you and couldn't take any more avoiding action.

P'raps next time we race I'll have had a few less lagers LOL
Old 9 Jan 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2102513)   #266
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
You could send some my way, then try again with the Keoniggseggs!

Old 9 Jan 2008, 19:47 (Ref:2102837)   #267
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah it was good racing you all jonboy.

To be fair I was crap last night. Hadn't been online in ages and we were driving cars I haven't driven before. I sucked big time, although I got podiums each time out somehow. Dunno what happened with the Ferrari, just went on the kerb and it snapped completely sideways... I think I caught the back of your car as you passed, I was just gassing it to stay off the wall to be honest and so I didn't move further from the track as I guess you expected. My fault I would say.

Last race was definitely my fault! I followed some other guy into a wrong turn at Mugello (we turned off onto the long track instead of turning right onto the pit straight) and I mashed Rockmunky as I rejoined too quickly (in a rage). To make matters worse, he pipped me to second place at the line.

I also found out in some races today I have no decent cars for any class.

I have my comms but no charger for it....it's bugging me a lot, because it was always plugged in next to my TV and it's been lifted. Wonder if my mate has it. I ran out of battery playing PGR4 the other night.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 9 Jan 2008 at 19:51.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 19:01 (Ref:2103672)   #268
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Some new liveries...finally got round to having a go.

2002 Ford Focus WRC livery, work in progress (have only done most of the sides, a bit of the roof and a little bit of the back). The big hi-res photos are showing up some glitches in the Martini strikes, which are a pain in the arse to recreate..

And my Shell Pennzoil SEAT. Simple but pleasant.
Attached Thumbnails
c69740b0-b327-4972-9286-9470cc135408.jpg   7a565052-a8c3-474c-8d73-b8bab3231564.jpg   8d0b18e1-5ca6-461d-8add-d1d5c0a68a31.jpg  

9fe48ca4-f854-4fa7-9d12-b7f9a62e2866.jpg   24f456f2-71b7-465f-a351-351f0bd63af9.jpg  

Last edited by Knowlesy; 10 Jan 2008 at 19:06.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 20:05 (Ref:2103712)   #269
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do the logos come in the game?

They look nice.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 20:27 (Ref:2103737)   #270
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The motoring logos are already in, you have to make any others yourself. If you are trying to make an accurate livery, a lot of the logos are a bit inadequate really. For example, the Texaco decal is in a huge white box and only really useful on a white car.
Old 11 Jan 2008, 17:19 (Ref:2104343)   #271
MonkeyMagic
Rookie

MonkeyMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The motoring logos are already in, you have to make any others yourself. If you are trying to make an accurate livery, a lot of the logos are a bit inadequate really. For example, the Texaco decal is in a huge white box and only really useful on a white car.
Yeah I'll never understand that, same for the BILSTEIN logo, its in white in a big clear blue square..........we should have been given the possibility to modify the logos in shape and color.
Old 11 Jan 2008, 20:23 (Ref:2104416)   #272
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like any trademark owning company would allow that.
Old 12 Jan 2008, 17:44 (Ref:2104829)   #273
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

There should surely be some alteration allowed. For example, the Pirelli logo on the Focus I'm making - the only one available on the game is the red logo in a yellow box. The Focus needs a blue logo with no box. Why this wouldn't be allowed, I have no idea.
Old 12 Jan 2008, 17:47 (Ref:2104831)   #274
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Speaking of the Focus, it is coming along reasonably well. I'm bloody useless though, so it is taking an age. I still have logos to make and some tidying up to do (e.g. the Martini 'strike' transition from the side of the car to the bonnet). But the basic livery is starting to take shape at least and I should be finished by 2012.
Attached Thumbnails
9d2904b7-78d6-4e7d-b712-7aeb2f3851a2.jpg   250fd9b4-f517-43d8-a34b-bf03f06f5197.jpg   207194ba-0ed2-4080-9af9-d040fd2dddfb.jpg  

05040222-33e9-4a25-b1d2-a00940a6752e.jpg   57860946-7a57-4c5b-bd85-cf98bb890884.jpg  
Old 12 Jan 2008, 22:54 (Ref:2104955)   #275
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Quote:
There should surely be some alteration allowed. For example, the Pirelli logo on the Focus I'm making - the only one available on the game is the red logo in a yellow box. The Focus needs a blue logo with no box. Why this wouldn't be allowed, I have no idea.
Yeah, it would be ncie if the logo's were pure logos, with a transparent background so they could be applied against anything.

Would make things easier..