Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Jan 2019, 12:13 (Ref:3875239)   #2776
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Media Day is when liveries get properly revealed, and even then they could change between that day and FP1.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 12:16 (Ref:3875241)   #2777
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post

How very droll, you must be a right laugh at parties.
Right back atcha.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 12:29 (Ref:3875242)   #2778
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Plato User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
Right back atcha.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 12:52 (Ref:3875245)   #2779
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Is there a schedule for who is on the stage over the 4 days?
Old 10 Jan 2019, 12:55 (Ref:3875246)   #2780
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Think it is on the BTCC.net article
Old 10 Jan 2019, 13:07 (Ref:3875247)   #2781
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well stolen from the btcc forum

Delighted for Turks & WSR.

AJ will be confirmed in the Pirtek BMW for the 3rd car.

Motorbase, I think we’ll see Chilton, Ollie Jackson & Nic Hamilton.

BMR, Sutton and a new face to BTCC.

BTC, Smiley & a returning Mat Jackson (there’s a story behind that for another day).

PMR, Cook & Plato, with Proctor looking to find a berth in one of the few remaining seats.

Moffat in his Merc still.

No change at Dynamics

No Goff, sadly. Lloyd will be racing TCR as hasn’t got a full years budget for BTCC, leaving not many spaces available up for grabs.
I'm flattered you liked my guesses enough to share over on this forum before I did.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 13:08 (Ref:3875248)   #2782
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thursday10:00 Motorbase Performance: Car and driver unveiling (including David Bartrum & driver interview)
11:00 Ciceley Motorsport: Car and driver unveiling
11:30 Power Maxed Racing chat with Adam Weaver
12:00 AmD Tuning: Car and driver unveiling
12:30 Tom Ingram & Christian Dick interview
13:00 Dick Bennetts interview
13:30 Alan Gow (TOCA)/Andy Lane (Kwik Fit)
14:00 Alan Gow (TOCA)
14:30 Matt Neal & Dan Cammish interview
15:30 Alan Gow (TOCA)/Mickey Butler (Dunlop) interview
16:00 ITV team interview
Friday
10:00 Team HARD announcement
11:00 Colin Turkington interview
12:00 PMR: Adam Weaver & Martin Broadhurst interview
13:00 Tom Ingram, Jack Goff interview
13:30 Rob Smith, Dan Rowbottom & Cataclean interview
14:00 Team HARD – Tony Gilham, Bobby Thompson, Michael Crees, Carl Boardley interview
15:00 Senna Proctor, Ollie Jackson and Chris Smiley interview
15:30 Jake Hill and Trade Price Cars interview
Saturday
10:00 Mickey Butler: Dunlop’s 2019 interview
11:30 Colin Turkington and Ash Sutton interview
12:00 Autograph session with selected drivers
13:00 Tom Ingram, Matt Simpson, Dan Rowbottom interview
13:30 Ollie Jackson and Senna Proctor interview
14:00 Selfie session with selected drivers
14:30 Team HARD – Tony Gilham, Mike Bushell, Bobby Thompson interview
15:00 Team HARD – Tony Gilham Michael Crees, Carl Boardley interview
16:15 Andrew Jordan, Pirtek & 2019 interview
Sunday
10:00 Team HARD – Tony Gilham, Michael Crees, Carl Boardley
11:00 Mickey Butler: Dunlop’s 2019 interview
11:30 Rob Smith, Dan Rowbottom & Cataclean interview
12:15 Tom Ingram interview
13:00 Team HARD – Tony Gilham, Mike Bushell, Bobby Thompson
14:00 Andrew Jordan, Colin Turkington, Ash Sutton interview
14:30 Autograph signing with selected drivers
15:00 Selfie session with selected drivers
16:00 Ollie Jackson and Senna Proctor interview
Old 10 Jan 2019, 13:11 (Ref:3875250)   #2783
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Great thanks for that.

So is the Autosport stage, solely for BTCC stuff? No LeMans, F1, WRC?
Old 10 Jan 2019, 13:11 (Ref:3875252)   #2784
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well stolen from the btcc forum

Delighted for Turks & WSR.

AJ will be confirmed in the Pirtek BMW for the 3rd car.

Motorbase, I think we’ll see Chilton, Ollie Jackson & Nic Hamilton.

BMR, Sutton and a new face to BTCC.

BTC, Smiley & a returning Mat Jackson (there’s a story behind that for another day).

PMR, Cook & Plato, with Proctor looking to find a berth in one of the few remaining seats.

Moffat in his Merc still.

No change at Dynamics

No Goff, sadly. Lloyd will be racing TCR as hasn’t got a full years budget for BTCC, leaving not many spaces available up for grabs.

Swap Jackson and Goff in this story otherwise seems about right, Proctor probably in the MG
Old 10 Jan 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3875254)   #2785
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Plato User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
I'm flattered you liked my guesses enough to share over on this forum before I did.
I hope your right is all.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3875257)   #2786
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Great thanks for that.

I'm not certain - but that list is just the BTCC-related activities.

A lot of them will be at the BTCC Stand, with probably the interviews being done on the Autosport Stage.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3875264)   #2787
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So by the looks of it there’s no more driver announcements scheduled for the weekend?
Old 10 Jan 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3875265)   #2788
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
So by the looks of it there’s no more driver announcements scheduled for the weekend?
Looks like a Team HARD announcement due tomorrow... must be a sponsor as the CC on their stand is plain black.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 10 Jan 2019, 14:10 (Ref:3875267)   #2789
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Not advertised as scheduled.

But Proctor, Goff, Trade Price Cars, Neal, Cammish and Sutton all might have news when they are featured....
Old 10 Jan 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3875269)   #2790
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Ah yeah good point.

Another thing, are my eyes playing tricks on me or are the rear wings more substantial this year? The end plates seem to stand out more and they seem further from the rear of the car?
Old 10 Jan 2019, 14:45 (Ref:3875275)   #2791
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Ah yeah good point.

Another thing, are my eyes playing tricks on me or are the rear wings more substantial this year? The end plates seem to stand out more and they seem further from the rear of the car?

Old 10 Jan 2019, 14:47 (Ref:3875277)   #2792
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Off to the opticians I go!
Old 10 Jan 2019, 14:52 (Ref:3875278)   #2793
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Off to the opticians I go!
In general, the endplates have contrasted with the liveries so far, which might make them appear more prominent.

Then you get images like this that highlight how big the wings (and wheel arches) actually are on an NGTC:

Old 10 Jan 2019, 15:02 (Ref:3875280)   #2794
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://www.btcc.net/2019/01/10/team-...ollie-jackson/
Old 10 Jan 2019, 15:08 (Ref:3875281)   #2795
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Great thanks for that.

Nope. The schedule posted previously is on the BTCC stage. The series has a separate stage. http://www.btcc.net/2019/01/09/btcc-...international/

The Autosport stage has a different schedule, encompassing all sorts of disciplines. I can't seem to find that schedule anywhere online, other than on the live YouTube video itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQLaf9yjMBM
Old 10 Jan 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3875287)   #2796
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
News is coming fast in the BTCC. Of course teams unveiling their cars at the AI helps
Old 10 Jan 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3875311)   #2797
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm assuming the BTCC stage isn't being streamed at all?
Old 10 Jan 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3875322)   #2798
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PMR and BMR have no driver names ....

and surprised Adrian Flux livery as supposedly Plato left for a FWD drive
Old 10 Jan 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3875326)   #2799
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I have a fresh box of kleenex on stand by.
Not Tesco value? 🤣
Old 10 Jan 2019, 18:40 (Ref:3875328)   #2800
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
PMR and BMR have no driver names ....

and surprised Adrian Flux livery as supposedly Plato left for a FWD drive
The BMR car isn't on the BTCC stand. It's with Milteck, and is being displayed as the 2018 car - so other than having to swap the championship logos, there is no reason to change the livery of the car.