Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Jan 2019, 18:41 (Ref:3875329)   #2801
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I'm still expecting Ash Sutton in the Subaru. There is lots of effort on going to get the team on the grid. I said last year I'd be amazed if JP returned, I'm not discounting diddly at this point.

The Power Maxed stickers on the Astra are purely that prominent as the driver/ sponsor reveal isn't ready yet. Might not even be finalised, my leg is too easily pulled these days. Cookie won't be in the car supposedly, but read last sentence again.

I like the AmD Civic logo best so far, even with all the brands it doesn't look messy to my eye and the shape of the car suits the design better than the MG did. Someone make a diecast! Audi looks rather neat too. I do wonder if I'll need dark glasses when the #HARD cover comes off...
Old 10 Jan 2019, 18:43 (Ref:3875330)   #2802
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I like the AmD Civic logo, even with all the beands it doesn't look messy to my eye and the shape of the car suits the design better than the MG did. Someone make a diecast!
There's a good chance of seeing it in Scalextric form, as the moulds already exist.

Maybe they could release a 'Civic' special with all of the liveries that have been seen on the FK2....
Old 10 Jan 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3875333)   #2803
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't get this obsession with white. Modern liveries just are a bit pants, its either too busy or black and white with a tiny hint of red or blue. People always seem to love the metallic liveries ('17/18 Toro Rosso, '14 Caterham F1, Mazda DPI, Oliphant's Merc) or retro liveries, so its odd everyone thinks white is the way to go.

Andy Blackmore, the guy who does BMR's livery, has on his website that Subaru UK requested a white base. So is it just teams playing it safe for sponsors or no imagination?
Old 10 Jan 2019, 19:05 (Ref:3875334)   #2804
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So from the first day of ASI 2019 we have.

1 driver staying with his current team, 1 driver moving and a couple of interim liveries unveiled.

Hardly a flurry of announcements, the remaining 3 days are just talking heads on the BTCC stand.

Think I'll keep my car on the drive and my wallet in my pocket.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 19:17 (Ref:3875336)   #2805
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopAlong View Post
I don't get this obsession with white. Modern liveries just are a bit pants, its either too busy or black and white with a tiny hint of red or blue. People always seem to love the metallic liveries ('17/18 Toro Rosso, '14 Caterham F1, Mazda DPI, Oliphant's Merc) or retro liveries, so its odd everyone thinks white is the way to go.
Seconded, these white liveries don't get the fans excited and they don't draw much attention to the car. Would've liked to have seen Oliphant's green stick around at least partly on the Mercedes.

At the moment it's only Jordan, Moffat, Morgan and Motorbase without a predominantly white or black livery, I think.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3875338)   #2806
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Seconded, these white liveries don't get the fans excited and they don't draw much attention to the car. Would've liked to have seen Oliphant's green stick around at least partly on the Mercedes.

At the moment it's only Jordan, Moffat, Morgan and Motorbase without a predominantly white or black livery, I think.
Sadly thats just how some sponsors work! Very tight brand guidelines are a frequent problem as a livery designer...!

Also, there are some teams who like to use common spares packages across drivers, and those parts are identically wrapped, meaning many more vibrant liveries are slightly restrictive.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by jsmee; 10 Jan 2019 at 19:31.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 19:27 (Ref:3875339)   #2807
The Caretaker
Rookie

The Caretaker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys, my first post so go easy 😁.
Just got back from ASI, first trip there too !.
Seemed strange how not all the BTCC cars were together in one display🤔
Why Matt Neil was at the Dynamics stand with Dan's name on the Honda🤨
Why I walked past ITV's Loiese Goodman without noticing😯😮.
Cheers for now.
PS Have pics.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 19:34 (Ref:3875342)   #2808
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Sadly thats just how some sponsors work! Very tight brand guidelines are a frequent problem as a livery designer...!

Also, there are some teams who like to use common spares packages across drivers, and those parts are identically wrapped, meaning many more vibrant liveries are slightly restrictive.

so the sponsors want coverage yet if they all have similar restrictive livery designs there is limited coverage of sponsored car

catch 22 situation

such imbeciles
Old 10 Jan 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3875344)   #2809
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Fair enough; from what I've seen you do a very good job
Old 10 Jan 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3875345)   #2810
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
so the sponsors want coverage yet if they all have similar restrictive livery designs there is limited coverage of sponsored car

catch 22 situation

such imbeciles
You could always employ Chris James as your driver, guaranteed to get lots of TV airtime as he heads to the scene of his next accident.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 19:44 (Ref:3875346)   #2811
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
You could always employ Chris James as your driver, guaranteed to get lots of TV airtime as he heads to the scene of his next accident.
or this way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz3_I8_V-WM
Old 10 Jan 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3875348)   #2812
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caretaker View Post
Hi guys, my first post so go easy 😁.
Just got back from ASI, first trip there too !.
Seemed strange how not all the BTCC cars were together in one display🤔
Why Matt Neil was at the Dynamics stand with Dan's name on the Honda🤨
Why I walked past ITV's Loiese Goodman without noticing😯😮.
Cheers for now.
PS Have pics.
Because floor space is limited and it's a bit pointless putting both dynamics hondas there
Old 10 Jan 2019, 19:54 (Ref:3875349)   #2813
The Caretaker
Rookie

The Caretaker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Because floor space is limited and it's a bit pointless putting both dynamics hondas there
Ah! Makes sense. Cheers.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3875361)   #2814
mark_l
Veteran

England
Quote:
John Thorne in the Insignia at Silverstone in 2011.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 22:07 (Ref:3875369)   #2815
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

catch 22 situation

such imbeciles
There are very few sponsors paying for a full car coverage. When they do, you see variations in colour.
Pirtek, shredded wheat, mac tools and norlin are examples of this.

When a team has received backing from a number of sponsors, then it makes sense to have a white base, and the sponsor's logo then only has a certain amount of space allocated.

If McDonald's (for example) wanted a red car, they'd have to pay for full car livery. Otherwise they'll probably get a red box, with yellow arches, all placed against a solid background colour.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 22:20 (Ref:3875370)   #2816
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
There are very few sponsors paying for a full car coverage. When they do, you see variations in colour.

When a team has received backing from a number of sponsors, then it makes sense to have a white base, and the sponsor's logo then only has a certain amount of space allocated.

If McDonald's (for example) wanted a red car, they'd have to pay for full car livery. Otherwise they'll probably get a red box, with yellow arches, all placed against a solid background colour.
Also white paint is lighter and has better aerodynamic properties
Old 10 Jan 2019, 22:45 (Ref:3875373)   #2817
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Hence the regular use of black front wings on the Mercs and formerly on the VWs?
Old 10 Jan 2019, 23:03 (Ref:3875377)   #2818
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

When you say yellow arches, do you mean that the bits covering the wheels will be painted that colour?
(Actually, I think that could look good, a red car with yellow wheelarches…)
Old 10 Jan 2019, 23:09 (Ref:3875380)   #2819
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bear in mind some cars will have a white base because drivers are still chasing sponsors who may determine the ultimate end colour of the car
Old 10 Jan 2019, 23:16 (Ref:3875382)   #2820
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Bear in mind some cars will have a white base because drivers are still chasing sponsors who may determine the ultimate end colour of the car
Computeach Racing anyone?
Old 11 Jan 2019, 07:23 (Ref:3875427)   #2821
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Drivers and teams in some cases!
Old 11 Jan 2019, 09:59 (Ref:3875448)   #2822
Evantra
Veteran

England
Max Coates will stay in the Clio Cup, and will be run by HARD, alongside Hammerton

Last edited by Evantra; 11 Jan 2019 at 10:27.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 10:35 (Ref:3875457)   #2823
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Max Coates will stay in the Clio Cup, and will be run by HARD, alongside Hammerton

Coates stuck his car up for sale with 2 rounds of Clios to go, must have had a real kick in the teeth from somewhere!
Old 11 Jan 2019, 11:09 (Ref:3875466)   #2824
porsche962fan
Veteran

looks like Jack Goff will not be on the grid
Old 11 Jan 2019, 11:44 (Ref:3875472)   #2825
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
looks like Jack Goff will not be on the grid
shame i had him down for 2nd Norlin car