Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 27 Feb 2011, 02:06 (Ref:2837359)   #276
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
He's trying to break some kind of record, isn't he? Seven years now since he started racing in F3. Get a career, man!
Don't knock him for keeping on plucking away at it, if thats all he can do this year then why not? I'd rather see him in an F3 car than doing nothing at all, he's better than a large number of young guys racing around in all different kinds of formulas with daddy's money. Ricardo Teixeira has a pretty decent career, yet look at what sort of results he was (not) achieving in British F3 at the same time as Asmer...
Old 27 Feb 2011, 02:10 (Ref:2837360)   #277
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'll second all of that. If you don't have the money to do bigger and better things, you do the best you can with what you've got and we know Marko is a very good F3 driver.
Old 27 Feb 2011, 03:26 (Ref:2837365)   #278
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I'll second all of that. If you don't have the money to do bigger and better things, you do the best you can with what you've got and we know Marko is a very good F3 driver.
I meant in something else, sports cars and such. You know, get paid to race.
Old 27 Feb 2011, 10:09 (Ref:2837416)   #279
blindfold
Rookie

blindfold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
Ricardo Teixeira has a pretty decent career, yet look at what sort of results he was (not) achieving in British F3 at the same time as Asmer...
Does paying people to drive a car count as a career??
Old 27 Feb 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2837418)   #280
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I seam to see Jimmy's point. But it's up to Asmer... 90% of driver would pack it up and find a job, set up a business, start career in rallies, etc...
When I saw that news, My question was why bother?! Only answer I came to was, because he likes racing...
Old 27 Feb 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2837458)   #281
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindfold View Post
Does paying people to drive a car count as a career??
this is the most hilarious post ever in the context of single seater motorsport as a whole
Old 27 Feb 2011, 13:01 (Ref:2837470)   #282
blindfold
Rookie

It's whats known as sarcasm. Someone suggesting that Ricardo Teixeira has a 'career' in motorsport is hilarious.
Old 27 Feb 2011, 17:05 (Ref:2837513)   #283
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Oi mate, Ricardo was able to pay for two test sessions in F1. If he keeps Sonangol backing, and it's good enough to cover season of F1... may be (!), we may see him in F1 next year.
Still, HRT did not sign driver yet...
Old 28 Feb 2011, 00:23 (Ref:2837723)   #284
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
It's whats known as sarcasm. Someone suggesting that Ricardo Teixeira has a 'career' in motorsport is hilarious.
Yeah its dead funny. Becuase its true. If you thought I was somehow suggesting that Ricardo Teixeira is good, you need to learn English. Of course people paying counts as a career, example: Teixeira! His career is based on money. Shall I list other drivers who have had a sustained career in motorsports via sponsorship or shall I assume you know about motor sport and the way it works?

Last edited by runshaw; 28 Feb 2011 at 00:30.
Old 28 Feb 2011, 00:27 (Ref:2837725)   #285
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
I seam to see Jimmy's point. But it's up to Asmer... 90% of driver would pack it up and find a job, set up a business, start career in rallies, etc...
When I saw that news, My question was why bother?! Only answer I came to was, because he likes racing...
Didn't you just hit the nail on the head Alex K, because he likes racing?

At the end of the day, isn't that what all these drivers are about, the thrill of racing a single-seater into turn 1 at 140mph, the smell of petrol and burning rubber, wheel to wheel, all aiming for the same piece of tarmac at the apex? Yeah, I think so. That is what thrils me.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2838445)   #286
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The first official tests of the season are being held at Rockingham today and tomorrow.

Results: http://www.tsl-timing.com/bf3gt/2011/110917bf3.pdf (might be a bit messy)

Live Timing: http://www.tsl-timing.com/bf3gt/LiveTimingBF3GT.html

Report: http://www.fota.co.uk/news.php?actio...Article&params[id]=1462

Only 17/18 cars on track so far, which isn't mega exciting.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 22:08 (Ref:2838733)   #287
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Litespeed is missing. Mega exciting test sessions today at The Rock. It seems to me Hitech may be challenging for title (with all six Carlin drivers), best of the rest... am surprised by Fantins speed. Is Christo signed?
Old 2 Mar 2011, 01:58 (Ref:2838838)   #288
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
I hope Christo continues into the championship to do a full campaign, it would be good to see. Will T-Sport bother to do the Rookie class if no one else is? At least last year they had two almost equally matched drivers.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 18:41 (Ref:2839193)   #289
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
Will T-Sport bother to do the Rookie class if no one else is?.
I'm sure that T-Sport will continue as long as their is a driver to fund the ride. Assuming Hylkema is the only entrant, it wouldn't surprise me if he were to withdraw after putting the title beyond the reach of any theoretical new entrant.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 19:19 (Ref:2839210)   #290
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Report of day 2 of the Rockingham test. Magnussen perked up a lot!

There's a link at the end to the times in full.

It looks like VW have a monopoly. Bring back the best of the Mugen-Honda!

The failure of the Rookie Class is due to poor marketing and, in my opinion, the change of name. If you want to learn how to go motor racing the Rookie Cup is a much better investment than F2.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 09:30 (Ref:2839511)   #291
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Doubt NBE would bother with old Mugens since they have VW contract.
Old 3 Mar 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2839795)   #292
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any chance another 'rookie class' car will join the grid. Otherwise we already know the first single seater champion of 2011: Bart Hylkema.
Old 6 Mar 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2841148)   #293
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I heard a rumour that Hitech might produce a Rookie Class car. I hope so for obvious reasons.
Old 6 Mar 2011, 21:17 (Ref:2841168)   #294
blindfold
Rookie

Is this what they're reduced to without Grubmuller's money?!
Old 7 Mar 2011, 07:13 (Ref:2841304)   #295
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi-Tech are now a very different team to when they won the championship with Asmer. Very few of the engineers and mechanics are still there.
Old 7 Mar 2011, 17:50 (Ref:2841639)   #296
blindfold
Rookie

Tom Blomqvist chooses German F3...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89780
Old 8 Mar 2011, 22:28 (Ref:2842369)   #297
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is this what they're reduced to without Grubmuller's money?!
To be fair a number of the higher order teams have ran National (or its various incarnations) Class cars as and when demand has been there such as Carlin, Fortec, Double R, Promatecme and Alan Docking Racing. As such I don't see it as Hitech's efforts are being 'reduced'.
Old 8 Mar 2011, 22:34 (Ref:2842374)   #298
formula_fan
Racer

formula_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at all of the testing times I can't help but think what an error everyone else has had by not signing up with Carlin. That team have got it nailed and could be on for a 1-5 in the championship.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 01:08 (Ref:2842438)   #299
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm guessing Carlin's seats are the most expensive so not everybody could afford to go there... it would be the obvious first choice for any driver.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2842556)   #300
brakedisc
Racer

brakedisc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Pye signing with Double R. Just what they needed to move the team forward. I suspect with the right effort from all concerned he could win the Championship.

Tags
formula three