Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 16 Apr 2015, 19:14 (Ref:3528040)   #3026
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokata View Post
By the time they get to Le Mans they may have found a few more seconds, and not be too far away from the 3rd quickest P1 car.
That won't be much good if they can't get out of the pits. Or they only need an issue around the far side of the circuit and they could be out with a car as early as the Zeod.

I really hope Nissan turn up. I'd rather see them testing even though I don't think Le Mans is the place to do it.
Old 16 Apr 2015, 19:29 (Ref:3528042)   #3027
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they are testing right now

please see the link below

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/webcam/camera12.shtml

the car is lapping around 1minute/lap
Old 16 Apr 2015, 19:58 (Ref:3528048)   #3028
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last lap around 58 seconds… this is very funny
Old 16 Apr 2015, 20:01 (Ref:3528050)   #3029
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pitted now I think.

I caught a couple of laps around 57-58 there. It's fun "spying" on them isn't it? At least they're putting a few laps together. Impossible to say whether they're fast or not.
Old 16 Apr 2015, 20:06 (Ref:3528051)   #3030
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
This is real cool.

Mr. Darren Cox I don´t know if you now about this... but this is very very interesting.

I´m in a "#EatSleepRaceRepeat" mode myself
Old 17 Apr 2015, 14:45 (Ref:3528244)   #3031
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
On gtplanet forums, some user was following the webcam feed and jotted down some rough lap time estimates from using a tree as a reference. He mentioned the lmp2 was doing :56 laps and the gtr doing :53's.
3 seconds per lap faster than an LMP2 car on a :53 lap would mean about 5-6 seconds on the WEC tracks. That would still put them about 4-5 seconds off the other factory teams, but that's not too bad considering where they were some weeks ago.

Of course, that is assuming that the LMP2 car was going full speed.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:24 (Ref:3528263)   #3032
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
3 seconds per lap faster than an LMP2 car on a :53 lap would mean about 5-6 seconds on the WEC tracks. That would still put them about 4-5 seconds off the other factory teams, but that's not too bad considering where they were some weeks ago.

Of course, that is assuming that the LMP2 car was going full speed.
I'm pretty sure I read that the P2 car was there to test some Academy drivers so what speed it has is pretty up in the air.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 15:58 (Ref:3528286)   #3033
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I thought it was the Greaves car and team that were using the test track alongside the works squad? I think Cox said who was in the LMP2 on MWM but I'll be damned if I can remember it now.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 16:19 (Ref:3528294)   #3034
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I thought it was the Greaves car and team that were using the test track alongside the works squad? I think Cox said who was in the LMP2 on MWM but I'll be damned if I can remember it now.
Gaetan Paletou has been driving. Not sure if he's done all the running. Gaining P2 experience and setting some kind of benchmark I suppose.

I wonder how much Nissan have spent on trans-Atlantic flights in the last six months?
Old 17 Apr 2015, 19:49 (Ref:3528334)   #3035
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Nissan's press release, and heres the photo gallery from the test
Old 17 Apr 2015, 20:08 (Ref:3528342)   #3036
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

That moustache adds at least 20bhp.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 20:12 (Ref:3528343)   #3037
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
They also mention unofficial claims nissan will be in the 2mj class.....will be interesting to see how they finally achieved that.....sounds like the front tyres were being eaten by doing all the harvesting and deployment chores alone......sounds like they had to come down on the energy class just to make the tyres last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan
"Interestingly we could stay on the wets for a long time in drying conditions so that gives us a lot of confidence."
http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...=07f449c0ad&e=

It's a press release, so it may be nothing but hot air, but you wouldn't expect them to say that about an area where they are actually struggling.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 20:17 (Ref:3528345)   #3038
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It sounds like they've made some decent progress. No suggestion that they continue to have any fundamental issues. I'm cautiously optimistic that they're going to be OK (relatively speaking) at Le Mans.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 20:38 (Ref:3528351)   #3039
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Sounds like the car is actually taking good care of its tires. That will be a good thing for Le Mans, the more stints on a tire the better.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 20:58 (Ref:3528354)   #3040
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Thanks!

Nice rooster tail the car has in the wet. It looks very graceful to me like indicating that the car really moves through the air (and water) very well.

It is going to be interesting to hear from the Audi, Toyota and Porsche drivers if there is a large difference in the air while being behind this car compared to the other P1's.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3528355)   #3041
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Encouraging signs hopefully. Let's hope they can keep pushing and put in a solid showing for Le Mans.

I've got used to the look of the car now and I think visually it looks brilliant, especially with a bit of dirt on it. I just hope they can keep them running long enough to get dirty in June.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 21:09 (Ref:3528357)   #3042
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/on-track...660255792.html

Lots of interesting info here.

2MJ class pretty much confirmed. They aim for 8 next year and the hybrid system is going to be driving the rear wheels.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 21:41 (Ref:3528366)   #3043
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting that this is supposed to be the LM aero package, but it does not feature the rearwing lights as the regulations requires.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 02:24 (Ref:3528415)   #3044
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Interesting that this is supposed to be the LM aero package, but it does not feature the rearwing lights as the regulations requires.
Probably they have bigger fish to fry right now, but the rules specify them to be in the rear wing endplates, which are always skinny things on all the cars, which means the lights are little LED's and wouldn't be very noticeable if they weren't in operation.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 10:15 (Ref:3528451)   #3045
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatanut View Post
Probably they have bigger fish to fry right now, but the rules specify them to be in the rear wing endplates, which are always skinny things on all the cars, which means the lights are little LED's and wouldn't be very noticeable if they weren't in operation.
They have a lot bigger problems than the LED rear wing endplate lights. That is what makes it strange not to have this made and working in the initial design, instead of having another thing needed to be done, before it can race.

It is clearly not installed on the test car:
Old 18 Apr 2015, 13:19 (Ref:3528490)   #3046
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Perhaps they really were planning to run without the wing? It won't have been fully designed if it was a last minute addition, and they've had bigger issues since then.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 15:16 (Ref:3528512)   #3047
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo View Post
Perhaps they really were planning to run without the wing? It won't have been fully designed if it was a last minute addition, and they've had bigger issues since then.
The intent to be wingless at LeMans was absolutely a goal. The rear wing as on the car is running minimal downforce. It's just a little nervous at the rear on medium to low speed cornering, high speed stuff is fine.

They are building speed now...come LeMans, I think they will be bugging the P1 leaders.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 18 Apr 2015, 16:14 (Ref:3528529)   #3048
Nissan LMP1
Rookie

Nissan LMP1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
The intent to be wingless at LeMans was absolutely a goal.
Can you stop acting like you work there or know something!
Old 18 Apr 2015, 16:58 (Ref:3528541)   #3049
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan LMP1 View Post
Can you stop acting like you work there or know something!
Acting? Who's acting?

It was intended, the rear wing was adopted as they felt it was needed to balance the car.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 18 Apr 2015, 17:01 (Ref:3528543)   #3050
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I always thought that the Nissan's front end design reminded me of something, and i think that I found it, the Brabham BT44, 45 and 46

Those Brabhams had a similar nose-mounted radiator architecture with the rads being mounted as far back as possible, and even had pullrod front suspension like the Brabham types mentioned did.

BT44:

BT45:

Standard BT46:

Closed Thread