Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 6 Dec 2020, 09:59 (Ref:4020903)   #3126
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Delta son had nice letter and signed Williams F1 cap arrive in the post yesterday .. A thank you from the dog owner he rescued last week .
Old 6 Dec 2020, 10:26 (Ref:4020908)   #3127
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent. Very nice gesture. Perhaps they can offer him a drive since they've lost George.
Old 6 Dec 2020, 15:04 (Ref:4020951)   #3128
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
First time today, and I find my junior partner having a birthday, I am Mogrified.

For an ex-teacher you maths is pretty poor young CD.

Some cracking photos this month, and Peter made the front cover.

Probably too late to say 'Have a good day',

Best wishes anyway,

Bob.
Ta
Old 6 Dec 2020, 19:44 (Ref:4021118)   #3129
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Licence Renewals

Evening All,

Apologies if I have missed discussion of this already .... I've not received my Race Licence renewal paperwork yet, typically it would be here some weeks before now.... have other people got theirs?

James
Old 6 Dec 2020, 19:47 (Ref:4021123)   #3130
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
ok ... ok ... ignore me .... just seen the separate thread on the subject ... clearly not just me.

I need everything done, ECG etc ... Xmas is off kids, Daddy is saving for a medical!
Old 6 Dec 2020, 19:55 (Ref:4021127)   #3131
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes making Freddie sleep in the tent just so Santa cant drop his presents off. Last I heard he had raised well over £4000.00. I hope he gets a New Years Honor from the Queen.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 09:57 (Ref:4021294)   #3132
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
So you hired an MX5 Andy! Which generation and power? In comparaison with your Caterham, you'll feel like a retired driving a Zodiac or Westie! Seriously its a very well balanced chassis, enough brakes to stop the whole thing. Take care this girl pushes you to drift her but she spins quite promptly!
So, Gerard et al, I completed my first ever stage rally yesterday in the hired MX5 Mk2. I was seeded 93/100 and finished 71/74! I think I was near the slowest or slowest on every stage but I improved on each run. There were a couple of minor indiscretions but no damage. I was really pleased with that to be honest- the conditions were very difficult and, as you can see, plenty of people didn’t finish, many because they just went off.
My car was almost certainly in the bottom three cheapest and simplest and lowest powered cars and we were on standard Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres (got to get the excuses in) so overall I was very pleased and really enjoyed it.
The entry list was interesting as there was a lot of very exotic machinery out - probably more WRC and similar type cars together in one place than has ever been seen together before, even on WRC events! Not that many budget cars at the back of the pack but there were 3 other MX5s in various states of tune, a couple of MG ZRz, a couple of Micras etc.
I recommend the circuit rally championship and similar circuit type rally events at Croft, Pembrey, 3 Sisters, Knockhill etc etc to everyone, and the MX5 is a great, cheap, fun car to drive in these sorts of events.
A very enjoyable day.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 13:27 (Ref:4021338)   #3133
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yes making Freddie sleep in the tent just so Santa cant drop his presents off. Last I heard he had raised well over £4000.00. I hope he gets a New Years Honor from the Queen.
He's raised just shy of £7,500 so far!!
Old 7 Dec 2020, 18:09 (Ref:4021417)   #3134
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
So, Gerard et al, I completed my first ever stage rally yesterday in the hired MX5 Mk2. There were a couple of minor indiscretions but no damage. I was really pleased with that to be honest- the conditions were very difficult and, as you can see, plenty of people didn’t finish, many because they just went off.
My car was almost certainly in the bottom three cheapest and simplest and lowest powered cars and we were on standard Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
I recommend the circuit rally championship/the MX5 is a great, cheap, fun car to drive in these sorts of events. A very enjoyable day.
Well you had fun, what a good news! You can add that its reliable. Well done.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 12:39 (Ref:4021564)   #3135
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Gerard.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 23:00 (Ref:4021652)   #3136
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I got this message today on email and on my eBay account,(Getting paid on eBay has changed) and then asking to give more information. I just wonder if others have had this ? It looks ok and it refers to being paid direct into my bank without going into PayPal. I still use a PayPal account for other things other than eBay and do realize that I can save money without using PP. I just wonder as I don't trust anyone these days !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Dec 2020, 23:36 (Ref:4021656)   #3137
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes Martin Lewis mentioned this on his Money Saving Expert pages. IDK what this is all about unless they're trying to become a bank. Which is odd seeing as they own PayPal.

I've just had my PayPal account locked because they decided they wanted more business information off me. To be fair I've only been with them 11 years so I suppose I'm still a new customer....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 9 Dec 2020, 01:03 (Ref:4021672)   #3138
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Yes Martin Lewis mentioned this on his Money Saving Expert pages. IDK what this is all about unless they're trying to become a bank. Which is odd seeing as they own PayPal.

No, they don't; they parted ways in 2015 and are now two separate standalone companies. Hence ebay have implemented their own 'managed payments' system and are moving all ebay sellers off paypal onto their own platform over time. USA is well under way, UK started a few months ago - but it will take a while. IIRC they're doing business sellers first.
Old 9 Dec 2020, 13:04 (Ref:4021730)   #3139
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks David I didn't know that. Explains everything.

Old 9 Dec 2020, 15:26 (Ref:4021755)   #3140
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
No, they don't; they parted ways in 2015 and are now two separate standalone companies. Hence ebay have implemented their own 'managed payments' system and are moving all ebay sellers off paypal onto their own platform over time. USA is well under way, UK started a few months ago - but it will take a while. IIRC they're doing business sellers first.

Yeah, I have a business account ( a hangover from when I did quite a lot of online sales from breaking Alfas), and they've been harassing me for the last few months to change over to "Managed Payments" - finally gave in yesterday and registered. They reckon for most people it will be cost-effective, although there are a few You-tube articles expressing some reservations.
Old 9 Dec 2020, 21:27 (Ref:4021827)   #3141
midgetman
Veteran

It's a big, profitable company. OF COURSE it won't be cost effective, they're BOUND to charge you more in the long run, the little guy NEVER gets a better deal.

If getting on a bit has taught me anything, it's that "streamlining", "enhancements" or any fancy word from a supplier I'm beholden to always means me paying more.

Old 9 Dec 2020, 22:32 (Ref:4021835)   #3142
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Hmmm, still wondering what to do ? what do other 10thers do ? do you pay for stuff on eBay using PayPal ? or pay with a credit card ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Dec 2020, 23:01 (Ref:4021843)   #3143
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I pay for stuff on eBay using PayPal, simply because it's easy and, of course, no cost to the buyer.

When I sell stuff on there, of course I accept PayPal too - isn't it a requirement to accept PayPal as a seller? Certainly was until recently anyway.

I tend to agree with Max however: whenever companies such as eBay - the company with some of the most Draconian rules I've ever come across - tell me that they're 'improving' things for me, it usually means it's going to cost me more, one way or another! Either that, or it's going to tie me up in even more needless red tape before I can sell my second-hand inner tube for 50 pence, most of which eBay & Paypal between them will relieve me of in fees!
Old 9 Dec 2020, 23:28 (Ref:4021848)   #3144
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Hmmm, still wondering what to do ? what do other 10thers do ? do you pay for stuff on eBay using PayPal ? or pay with a credit card ?

I always pay with PayPal which is then immediately settled by a transfer from my debit card. No fees for me and easier than setting up a payment directly from my debit card.
Old 9 Dec 2020, 23:34 (Ref:4021850)   #3145
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
This is what the email says.
Don’t forget, your payments are changing. Are you ready?
eBay will now manage how you get paid.

This means:

No more PayPal fees

You get paid directly to your bank account, not your PayPal account

We just need a few details before you can start getting paid directly into your bank account.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 02:05 (Ref:4021861)   #3146
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Paypal fees have always been a pain especially on low value items, but it remains to be seen how much better the new Ebay system is. Whenever I can when buying on Ebay I'll pay cash as its better for the seller and I don't pay until I have sight of the goods, but otherwise I'll paypal - its up to the seller as far as I'm concerned. I've never been cheated out of a deal, but maybe I've been lucky.
Old 10 Dec 2020, 08:14 (Ref:4021888)   #3147
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I buy very little from Ebay nowadays and sell even less (there's a limited market for 30/40 tear old Cars & Car Conversions magazines!). I nearly always used PayPal which is directly taken from my bank account as there is nothing in my PayPal as I don't sell anything.
I've only taken cash from a buyer once (for a camping trailer) which worked out slightly to my advantage as the winning bid price (being Ebay) wasn't a round number and I didn't have any change to give the buyer (who was more than happy to pay what he paid anyway!)
Old 10 Dec 2020, 08:51 (Ref:4021897)   #3148
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last week I bought a couple of items on eBay from someone who lives 5 minutes drive from me, so of course I went & collected & paid direct. Hasn't stopped eBay from constantly reminding me "the seller is waiting for my payment so that he can send me the item", even though they've been informed, feedback left both ways etc.

Not so long ago eBay UK - but not France - was forcing everyone into accepting PayPal, now it seems they cannot get them out of it fast enough, presumably because they no longer have fleecing rights!
Old 10 Dec 2020, 09:06 (Ref:4021901)   #3149
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Last week I bought a couple of items on eBay from someone who lives 5 minutes drive from me, so of course I went & collected & paid direct. Hasn't stopped eBay from constantly reminding me "the seller is waiting for my payment so that he can send me the item", even though they've been informed, feedback left both ways etc.

Not so long ago eBay UK - but not France - was forcing everyone into accepting PayPal, now it seems they cannot get them out of it fast enough, presumably because they no longer have fleecing rights!

this is what happens when You dont complete the purchase on Ebay and mark the item as paid. normally meaning that You either use Paypal or the new Ebay method or open the account data for a bank transfer (even if You dont use it)

the feedback system is not connected with this

RudE
Old 10 Dec 2020, 09:21 (Ref:4021902)   #3150
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
this is what happens when You dont complete the purchase on Ebay and mark the item as paid. normally meaning that You either use Paypal or the new Ebay method or open the account data for a bank transfer (even if You dont use it)

the feedback system is not connected with this

RudE
It was marked as paid by cheque (which it was).
Closed Thread