Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 11 Dec 2021, 20:22 (Ref:4088360)   #3201
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
BTW everyone my team is Delta Motor Sport. Established in 1990. There is another lot at Silverstone who pinched my name. This has been discussed on here in the past.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 08:22 (Ref:4088418)   #3202
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
John, I dunno how restaurants and other places play the passport game but here it becomes rather weird. Yesterday 11 December I was refused to sit in a restaurant just because they anticipate the 16 th date or even January dead line. Not forgetting that, again, its a real pain in the neck to have the third jab done (now fixed but took a long while).

Good thing is that relying on Moderna vaccine puts you on the top of the list, very few people wanting it! Strange days…
Old 12 Dec 2021, 08:33 (Ref:4088421)   #3203
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
BTW everyone my team is Delta Motor Sport. Established in 1990. There is another lot at Silverstone who pinched my name. This has been discussed on here in the past.
Yes my apologies for misspelling Motor Sport.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 09:28 (Ref:4088427)   #3204
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
John, I dunno how restaurants and other places play the passport game but here it becomes rather weird. Yesterday 11 December I was refused to sit in a restaurant just because they anticipate the 16 th date or even January dead line. Not forgetting that, again, its a real pain in the neck to have the third jab done (now fixed but took a long while).

Good thing is that relying on Moderna vaccine puts you on the top of the list, very few people wanting it! Strange days…
Interesting, Whilst I've been avoiding large getherings, I had moderna, have gone to work continually throughout, a few gigs and the odd pub and not had it (yet)

Can't find anywhere very local for a booster. Don't really want to go to Brighton.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 11:27 (Ref:4088448)   #3205
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Don't really want to go to Brighton.
I understand this Joe! Each morning or so I have a coffee in a bistrot near my location. The owner is supposed to check consumers' statut but I know he had no jab yet!

My first thought was to wait a bit for the third injection but a valid passport will be mandatory from 15 January for restaurants, cinemas and more important for me, race meetings. Not a real choice if you dont want to jeopardize or play russian roulette with your health they say…

Reading the gov' recommendations is puzzling like have a covid jab in the left arm and anti-flu in the right one, same day… Go figure!
Old 12 Dec 2021, 12:25 (Ref:4088459)   #3206
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Reading the gov' recommendations is puzzling like have a covid jab in the left arm and anti-flu in the right one, same day… Go figure!

Gérard, I do believe that it is following medical advice. I say that because I have to have regular injections of some things because certain parts of me have been chopped away and I need certain boosters to maintain my levels. So, the medical practice that I use keep a record of which arm is used for each one and then the next time they use the other arm; same applied to the Covid and flu jabs.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 13:09 (Ref:4088475)   #3207
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Gérard, I do believe that it is following medical advice.
Something I do follow for various reasons, should have the two jabs next week. I dont think any vaccine can be as bad as the virus itself.

I dont even try anymore to understand how they manage the passport thingy here, bearing in mind that on the list they already have "people" like Mickey and Spongebob! Till now, I saw no bar tender checking the passport and the ID as should… Hence some smiles, when a lady looking "very much experienced" presents a QR code showing thirty years old…
Old 12 Dec 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4088774)   #3208
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Gerard, I think the novelty of the health passports is wearing off now & places are not so much, but that may depend upon the frequency of gendarmerie visits! Last Sunday we had lunch in a salle de fetes at a Christmas Market & passes were not needed. The people doing the catering are opening their own restaurant shortly so may have to change their ways! Today we had lunch in a restaurant for Michele's father's 91st birthday & they did check them their. Last weekend we went to a concert by the Orchestra National de Lille in Arras & whilst passes were checked there certainly wasn't any social distancing - quite the opposite!

We had no problem booking boosters & we will be going next Friday. It won't quite be six months since the second but I suppose it doesn't matter. We had Astra Zeneca before & I hope it is the same again, but who knows?
Old 12 Dec 2021, 16:34 (Ref:4088775)   #3209
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes my apologies for misspelling Motor Sport.
Somebody apologising TO Delta for their spelling? That's a first!
Old 12 Dec 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4088779)   #3210
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Interesting, Whilst I've been avoiding large getherings, I had moderna, have gone to work continually throughout, a few gigs and the odd pub and not had it (yet)

Can't find anywhere very local for a booster. Don't really want to go to Brighton.
Don't your local pharmacies do it?

That's where we go, & it is easy - just book an appointment & turn-up on time, no waiting, no messing.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4088781)   #3211
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
I understand this Joe! Each morning or so I have a coffee in a bistrot near my location. The owner is supposed to check consumers' statut but I know he had no jab yet!

My first thought was to wait a bit for the third injection but a valid passport will be mandatory from 15 January for restaurants, cinemas and more important for me, race meetings. Not a real choice if you dont want to jeopardize or play russian roulette with your health they say…

Your last comment surprised me as I was under the impression there should be three weeks between the two jabs. However, having had the booster, do you really need the flu jab? Don't think I would bother.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 16:46 (Ref:4088788)   #3212
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Don't your local pharmacies do it?

That's where we go, & it is easy - just book an appointment & turn-up on time, no waiting, no messing.

I think that originally only a couple of Boots were set up to do them (I was lucky that one of them was local to me and I had them there), and I am not aware that any other pharmacies were licenced to do them. My booster was done at a fairly near medical practice that is part of the group that I now go to.

A lot of jabs are being done in pop-up units that are travelling around the area. There has been one in my local supermarket's car park a few times over the last couple of months or so.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 17:39 (Ref:4088841)   #3213
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Somebody apologising TO Delta for their spelling? That's a first!
I am watching you John. Great shame i did not make time to swing by and see you. Sorry. I have a little job to do for the guys at Croix so I could of fitted a visit in and done both jobs. Happy Christmas.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 17:41 (Ref:4088843)   #3214
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Your last comment surprised me as I was under the impression there should be three weeks between the two jabs. However, having had the booster, do you really need the flu jab? Don't think I would bother.
A lot of people I know had both the booster and flu jab at the same time. I did not! and guess what. I got flu." Numpty".
Old 12 Dec 2021, 18:30 (Ref:4088895)   #3215
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Well I wouldnt say three weeks but between five and seven months! "They" say that the booster and flu jab are quite different. What is fascinating to my eyes is that, living in the same country but in different areas, the interpretation of official rules/recommendations/laws changes quite a lot. Between scientists and politics, knowledge and understanding, what a mess we have here! Seems the situation is much better in the UK. As always…
Old 12 Dec 2021, 19:05 (Ref:4088912)   #3216
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I am watching you John. Great shame i did not make time to swing by and see you. Sorry. I have a little job to do for the guys at Croix so I could of fitted a visit in and done both jobs. Happy Christmas.
Don't worry, I was only joking!

It would be good to see you if you do get over here. I can guarantee a cup of M&S Extra Strong tea, maybe even a Kwossant!
Old 12 Dec 2021, 19:08 (Ref:4088914)   #3217
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I went out for a few drinks with friends on Thursday. Yesterday I got pinged by the NHS, currently waiting for the PRC test kit. So no travels for me this week.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 19:27 (Ref:4088937)   #3218
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Tonight was a kind of Xmas eve, just… well just because. Had a "jab" of Deutz champagne, really worth because you never know what tomorrow may bring!

Cheers you all!
Old 12 Dec 2021, 20:09 (Ref:4088979)   #3219
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems to me that it is rather unfortunate that the Moronic (check for the anagram) version of the current endemic has become all-pervasive (and seemingly usefully benign) at the same time that our Prime Minister needs some distractions to attempt to prevent people looking more deeply into his double standards. And other aspects of his personality.

Unfortunately for him the arrival of child number 7 (detectable) has not been adequately sympathy generating in the media to prevent people digging into his "standards" - or maybe trying to find them.

Combining the "level" of lockdown with the latest set of alleged "symptoms" should have the entire country closed in a week or two. That might suit Boris well. Not so much the people who provide the funding to keep things running - unless they are already ahead of the game.
Old 12 Dec 2021, 22:41 (Ref:4089063)   #3220
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whether Boris is competent, morally sound, two faced or any other character defect, I just wish the media, rival politicians, the BBC, social commentators, Uncle Tom Cobley and all, would concentrate on trying to save the nations health and wealth, and stop playing party politics.
It seems to me that behind the huge cloud of vilification Boris is doing a pretty fair job in extremely difficult circumstances. But then I grew up during a World War when people put the country first, so perhaps I am just an Old Fogey.

On another note has anyone else spotted that the

Labour Party is headed by Sir Kier Starmer.
The Liberal Party is headed by Sir Ed Davey.
The Conservative Party is headed by plain old Boris Johnson.

Ironic?
Old 13 Dec 2021, 08:45 (Ref:4089146)   #3221
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ironic, Bob, but irrelevant given Bojo's background, and I think you'll find that Labour (I'm not particularly a supporter, for the record) has supported most of the government's covid measures, when quite a few of its own backbench haven't. And that's me done on this as I tend to get very edgy when we introduce politics to our Motor racing forum, banter or otherwise!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 13 Dec 2021, 13:34 (Ref:4089228)   #3222
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Whilst echoing John's concern about bringing politics into our motor-sport themed area (there are plenty of other venues where political virtue-signalling can thrive), I would suggest that implying that the Omicron outbreak is a distraction is somewhat undermined by the huge numbers of cases elsewhere in the world. France for example seems to have about 3 times our number of new cases, according to the Times today, and whilst Macron is also somewhat under pressure, I wouldn't suspect him of manufacturing a health crisis.......
Old 13 Dec 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4089248)   #3223
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
France for example seems to have about 3 times our number of new cases, according to the Times today, and whilst Macron is also somewhat under pressure, I wouldn't suspect him of manufacturing a health crisis.......
I wouldn't either Richard. But, there are always side effects to this kind of situation, people tending to look for protection. And the way they manage the passport is somewhat puzzling, one day you're in, the other you're out or will be soon. From five months for the booster we went to seven or so. We are lucky that many pharmacies took the thing seriously, offering free vaccination even on Sundays when they're supposed to be closed.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 14:21 (Ref:4089251)   #3224
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

We had no problem booking boosters & we will be going next Friday. It won't quite be six months since the second but I suppose it doesn't matter. We had Astra Zeneca before & I hope it is the same again, but who knows?

Here it was a clear policy that those who had had AZ for the first two (as I did) should have Pfizer for the booster. Supposedly protection was dramatically improved by the mix...... although I have seen one report today saying that having only the double AZ jabs gives very little protection against contracting the new variant - although protection against serious illness is probably possible.
Old 13 Dec 2021, 15:32 (Ref:4089263)   #3225
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Ironic, Bob, but irrelevant given Bojo's background, and I think you'll find that Labour (I'm not particularly a supporter, for the record) has supported most of the government's covid measures, when quite a few of its own backbench haven't. And that's me done on this as I tend to get very edgy when we introduce politics to our Motor racing forum, banter or otherwise!
Quite right to John, it is amazing what some people get worked up about, and politics is a minefield of feelings, waiting to be trodden on.

I very, very rarely even look at the Formula 1 forum, but I can imagine it is a pretty hairy place to be at the moment.

I'm off to the Picture Parade, we hardly ever get worked up there. The Puzzle bit is a different matter altogether.