Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 23 Jan 2008, 22:11 (Ref:2112288)   #301
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haha, jeez download the clio!

And really dude, why no headset? You're trying to be like Knowlesy!

But yeah, I was only stopping so you could catch up
Old 23 Jan 2008, 22:49 (Ref:2112308)   #302
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What is the Clio like, tuned up to B, that you have Munkton?

I'm trying to find a good B car. I've reached the limit with my Leon setup wise. It's quick, but it needs that little bit extra. Especially from the engine.

A lot of people seem to use the Mugen Integra I've noticed, but I think that's crap to be honest.

I'm almost done on Orange Box now, so considering a return to Forza. But last time I was on, I had three or four races with bad lag and it really put me off. People were just popping up all over the place and crashing, awful.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 06:00 (Ref:2112424)   #303
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The Clio tuned up to B class is a pretty good car.

The Mugen Integra and Peugeot 206RC are the two cars that feature at the top of the B class leaderboards but they are frowned upon as "Noobish Leaderboard cars" by a lot of people as they have a clear advantage over anything else, because if you tune them right they are extreemly light and handle very well with sports tyres which then enables you to use up the PI allowance on getting the car to 700PI by adding Horsepower over handling.

Personally I set my online lobbies with a weight restriction (2055lbs-2500lbs) which rules out those superlight cars. But many other lobby hosts will ask you to "Change the leaderboard car for something else" before they let you race, or they just kick you from the room.

Good cars to tune for B class are the Astra VXR, Focus ST and the Nissan Setra.

Nicky........if you go to the market place the Renault Clio 197 and the SEAT Leon Cupra R are free to download and they work as some sort of activation that enables you see any of the other cars that you haven't downloaded as solid cars on the track rather than a weird green blob.

BTW I've been at it again on my night shift and come up with another awesome (if I may say so myself) set of vinils that I have applied to a Porsche and a Clio. I'll take some pics and upload them later on today when I've had a sleep.

Last edited by jonboy1066; 24 Jan 2008 at 06:07.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 14:14 (Ref:2112663)   #304
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Here's my latest offering, it took two Night shifts* to get right and although it's not perfect I'm very happy with the result.

Quote:
*it took two Night shifts*
By that I don't mean I just spend the last 24 hours at work painting cars on Forza, but it was done between call outs. (about 6 hours worth)
Old 24 Jan 2008, 14:21 (Ref:2112667)   #305
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Clio is alright, just a tad understeery and i have to compromise between either lots of nadling and no power or vice versa..

I can't see your cars atm JB, stupid school computers, but i'll have a gander when i get in.
I'm sure they're ace though

the Focus ST seems to be prety quick as a B car, and the Astra VXR.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 15:08 (Ref:2112683)   #306
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Decided after working a ****load of overtime last week, i'm buying myself a wheel.

Seems the MS one has been discontinued, so i bought the last logitec one they had for $100Au.

Is there 2 different logitec ones? cause i was told that they were upwards of $600. Or did i just score a bargain?

Probably not a good idea to race with me for a few days, still trying to learn this thing, and wont be able to get a proper setup til the weekend. Comes in handy buying a 2nd interior for your car haha.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 15:36 (Ref:2112689)   #307
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
JB mate, that Futurama car is the nuts!

Old 24 Jan 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2112690)   #308
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky
JB mate, that Futurama car is the nuts!

Thanks mate
Old 24 Jan 2008, 15:51 (Ref:2112693)   #309
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY
Decided after working a ****load of overtime last week, i'm buying myself a wheel.

Seems the MS one has been discontinued, so i bought the last logitec one they had for $100Au.

Is there 2 different logitec ones? cause i was told that they were upwards of $600. Or did i just score a bargain?

Probably not a good idea to race with me for a few days, still trying to learn this thing, and wont be able to get a proper setup til the weekend. Comes in handy buying a 2nd interior for your car haha.
You've made a good choice there Stealthy, I had the M$ wheel and thought that for the £82.50 $200ish AU I was being ripped off, it was total rubbish compared to my £50 Logitech DFP!

So I got my money back after a large row in the shop and bought the Logitech Drive FX online for £38, the wheel's more reliable than the M$ one, feels better, clamps to my race seat better, hasn't overheated or been recalled yet and although it's not a patch on the DFP it's good value for money and priced about right, (around the sort of price that the M$ wheel should have been IMO)

I think the $600Au wheel you're on about is the G25, which is awesome but doesn't work on 360 (yet!) but then there are rumours that M$ are buying out Logitech.....if that happens perhaps we'll get a decent wheel for the 360 that is capable of competing with what's available for PS 2 (I've enlarged the 2 'cos I can't believe that something from the last gen can be so much more superior than a next gen product)
Old 24 Jan 2008, 16:48 (Ref:2112720)   #310
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You are seriously talented with your liveries jonboy. I am afraid I simply could not be bothered to go to all that effort, not to mention my complete lack of ability at it.

Then again, your job is absolutely ideal for it as you have to kill your time! My old flatmate had the same job!

Well, I got my Focus finished today, bar some minor touching up required on th Martini 'strikes'. I'm happy to sell it as it is.

I changed it slightly to a 2002 Monte Carlo/McRae livery. Pretty pleased with it, close up it has some minor niggles, but it's nice enough for me. I think it looks a lot better in-game than in these crappy game photos to be honest. I've stuck one up for auction, to see how it goes anyways.
Attached Thumbnails
156e8639-e1bc-4c78-8337-7f94ee67574c.jpg   aaa6bb6f-6c5a-4bcc-98fa-30abbb65b02c.jpg   b90364a0-a418-47b0-85c4-a44788ac8ad1.jpg  

c6f24726-792d-4fa1-8afc-6b19577e2d3d.jpg  
Old 24 Jan 2008, 18:32 (Ref:2112796)   #311
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Finally got an Xbox360 for home and now playing Forza 2 - Exactly what the doctored ordered.

Quick question. I dont think I've changed any setting, but this morning it came up with a warning box saying 'Settings on the console prohibit me from downloading user-created content'. Any ideas what that could be.

Has anyone created a Ten_Tenths logo?
Old 24 Jan 2008, 20:42 (Ref:2112848)   #312
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go into network options, then xbox live settings, that should fix it.

Got a few good online races in today, still learning, so sorry about those taps Knowls! Painted a few cars, I will improve, I made a sort of Martini style job on my lancia, but more in the style of 2001 Focus.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 20:55 (Ref:2112858)   #313
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

No problem, it happens.

When you setup an online lobby though, make sure you set it up as a career race. That way you can earn cash.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 21:00 (Ref:2112860)   #314
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha yeah, at Muggelo, i seen you go off into the wall, and im like, wtf! then that other guy goes off an then yous both leave, an then im in the lead, and im like, wahey, money! Then I realised there were no credits available....
Old 24 Jan 2008, 21:08 (Ref:2112866)   #315
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Mugello was weird. Everyone crashed out (as in lost connection), and I was alone. I drove to the end and I collected the credits. I didn't crash at all, that will just have been lag.

It was lagging like crazy and I benefitted from it (for once!).
Old 24 Jan 2008, 21:11 (Ref:2112869)   #316
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
hmmm, pretty sure you signed out...
Old 24 Jan 2008, 21:17 (Ref:2112873)   #317
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
Go into network options, then xbox live settings, that should fix it.
Cool, thanks for that, apparently there was an update last month and changed some of the privacy/family settings
Old 25 Jan 2008, 14:27 (Ref:2113379)   #318
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Top races there chaps (apart from my major blunder at Sunset, same place as last time almost!). I really need some decent cars for the other classes, I only have B cars and R cars. R cars I like best, more of an equal ground, but some people can't drive them which makes them pointless.

And yes, your scathing remarks at the end were noticed, I will definitely get my headset sorted this week. No, really, I will! Stop laughing!

Did anyone else have problems with lag at some races?
Old 25 Jan 2008, 14:35 (Ref:2113383)   #319
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Yeah Lag happens when you get 4 Brits in the same room as 2 Aussies, just a time delay thingamy. Good to get 4 Ten Tenthers in the same race at the same time.

This is as close as we got for a group pic, after this Stealthy took a wrong turn (and me with him) which spread out the field somewhat, Looking forward to doing it again.

KNOWELSEY GET YOUR COMMS SORTED!
Old 25 Jan 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2113387)   #320
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1066
This is as close as we got for a group pic, after this Stealthy took a wrong turn (and me with him) which spread out the field somewhat, Looking forward to doing it again.

KNOWELSEY GET YOUR COMMS SORTED!
Yeah i rekon i might put a big L on the back of the car, so people know i suck with the wheel haha. Keep in mind, rubins racin

Next time we should kick anyone without a mic
Old 25 Jan 2008, 16:06 (Ref:2113431)   #321
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
Has anyone created a Ten_Tenths logo?
Well I just couldn't resist could I:

WHO WANT'S ONE?

Just send me a Friends request if you're not already on my list and a cheap car (suggest a Mini) and I'll apply the logo to the car and send it back for you to harvest and use on any of your cars that you want.

Rockmunkey, you should already have a donor Mini from the UKOG arrangement so you know what to do matey.
Old 25 Jan 2008, 16:28 (Ref:2113447)   #322
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
I've just noticed that the 8/10 bit has been overlapped so I've sorted it out now.
Old 25 Jan 2008, 16:37 (Ref:2113453)   #323
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY

Next time we should kick anyone without a mic
And anyone without a decent car!

Blimey, didn't realise you were alongside me at Silverstone jonboy, I was too busy trading paint with STEALTHY! That's a cool pic though.

I could do with a tenths logo if you're feeling kind?
Old 25 Jan 2008, 16:43 (Ref:2113455)   #324
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Fun stuff earlier gents.
Tenths logo? Sure why the hayell not!

Good to see Knowlesy has taken on board our comments...

KNOWLESY GET YOUR COMMS SORTED!!!!
Old 25 Jan 2008, 16:53 (Ref:2113464)   #325
Knowlesy
20KPINAL