Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Apr 2009, 15:35 (Ref:2447086)   #301
Geva-Nelson
Racer

Netherlands
Geva-Nelson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is the class in which Francesco Pastorelli, 2007 Dutch & Benelux FF champion, made his debut in the BRL light championship. Basically these are T-cars with Focus bodies.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2451599)   #302
PULSERACING
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oxford
PULSERACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New team hopeful to enter 2010

Hi, You guys seem on form with Formula Ford. Does anyone know how to enter the series as a team owner . I contacted the website and was passed to the FF club Championship site. Its a long way off but we need to prepare now for next season. Competed in Britcar but our heart is in single seaters. Any help much appreciated.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 18:16 (Ref:2451743)   #303
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PULSERACING View Post
Hi, You guys seem on form with Formula Ford. Does anyone know how to enter the series as a team owner . I contacted the website and was passed to the FF club Championship site. Its a long way off but we need to prepare now for next season. Competed in Britcar but our heart is in single seaters. Any help much appreciated.
Try http://www.britishformulaford.co.uk/contact.htm
Old 29 Apr 2009, 17:28 (Ref:2452314)   #304
FaCr
Rookie

Finland
Vanta
FaCr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08u05 View Post
If you look back at results from last year, you can see that Getem struggle at Oulton Park, then come strong afterwards. Rogier will continue to drive the 07 Mygale, the Getem chassis will only be for Jason Down, or possibly other guest drivers. The car WILL be out this year, hopefully before the DTM meeting at Brands Hatch.
Past Tense needed there, they "Struggled", and then "Came strong". The season before last was very successful for Getem at Oulton. One blip on the radar doesnt mean they should be tarnished
Old 2 May 2009, 01:06 (Ref:2453934)   #305
alias99
Racer

alias99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any teams testing in the long break? i heard there werea few test days at rockingham during the month so id expect a few teams to be out. Looks like newgarden is racing fpa for some brands gp tack knowledge hes looking pretty. Was second i think in free practice
Old 2 May 2009, 20:39 (Ref:2454247)   #306
brakedisc
Racer

brakedisc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getem were at Knockhill last weekend.
Old 2 May 2009, 22:17 (Ref:2454275)   #307
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias99 View Post
Looks like newgarden is racing fpa for some brands gp tack knowledge hes looking pretty. Was second i think in free practice
He won both races today. Shows that the level of talent in Formula Ford this year is as high as ever, with one of the front runners dominating in a different category on his slicks and wings debut!
Old 3 May 2009, 08:34 (Ref:2454429)   #308
brakedisc
Racer

Good result for Newgarden. I was surprised when he signed for JTR instead of Jamun but he has the right chassis and I expect a real ding dong between him and Cole with Newgarden winning it.
Old 4 May 2009, 13:00 (Ref:2455158)   #309
Peter Cammish
Rookie

Peter Cammish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newgarden has 2 years in Skip Barber National, they have slicks and wings, he atcually has a lot of open wheel expereince if you look at his driver profile, he is good I noticed that when I watched him testing at Donington but he is as removed from a rookie as you can be at his age, his seat time in 07 & 08 proves this, he will certainly be in the Hunt for the FF Championship but I think a few other drivers might as well, Oulton would have been different but for the Safety Car in race 3. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
Old 4 May 2009, 13:41 (Ref:2455175)   #310
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Cammish View Post
Newgarden has 2 years in Skip Barber National, they have slicks and wings, he atcually has a lot of open wheel expereince if you look at his driver profile, he is good I noticed that when I watched him testing at Donington but he is as removed from a rookie as you can be at his age, his seat time in 07 & 08 proves this, he will certainly be in the Hunt for the FF Championship but I think a few other drivers might as well, Oulton would have been different but for the Safety Car in race 3. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
Wasn't at all surprised that Josef won the first 2 FPA rounds. I expected to him to win the third as well. Heard from another source that some FPA has always been part of his game plan for this year and in fact he did even consider going straight to F2 in 2009. Given the level of his experience (especially in Skip Barber) this wouldn't have been so outlandish.Wonder if he'll stick with FPA now that he leads the championship especially with the F2 prize money on offer?

Saw Dan and the other Kevin Mills boys plus Harper from Intersport testing at Snett on Friday. Dan looked good and spoke to Kevin who seems very pleased with him. Again I wasn't surprised by his debut (have said this in an earlier post) as many top karters seem to take to FF quite well.

Harper looked to be struggling. Had an off and was a good deal slower than the quick Kent boys.

Too long to Rockingham!

Old 5 May 2009, 21:39 (Ref:2456121)   #311
traveler7752
Rookie

traveler7752 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I hate spoil your rant Cammish (I assume your related to Daniel - that might explain the Newgarden bash) but the skip barber cars from the states are said to be slower than a kent formula ford and that the wings produce absolutely zero downforce and actually only promote drag. I agree with the others that I was a bit unsure of his experience, but when I spoke with a few friends from the states they gave me the scoop on what the skip barber cars were like as they had driven in the series. They are a 35 year old design car running 100BPH engine.

This was most definitely the kids first go in a proper winged and powered car, so I would be careful as to what you say. Mabey research the cars you speak of a bit more before rushing to judgment........ just a thought.

Just to give you a rough idea of what the skip barber cars can do, they run a time about 20-25 seconds slower than a Star Mazda car which is also a well known series in the states that many UK drivers have taken part in.
Old 5 May 2009, 22:44 (Ref:2456146)   #312
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler7752 View Post
I hate spoil your rant Cammish (I assume your related to Daniel - that might explain the Newgarden bash) but the skip barber cars from the states are said to be slower than a kent formula ford and that the wings produce absolutely zero downforce and actually only promote drag. I agree with the others that I was a bit unsure of his experience, but when I spoke with a few friends from the states they gave me the scoop on what the skip barber cars were like as they had driven in the series. They are a 35 year old design car running 100BPH engine.

This was most definitely the kids first go in a proper winged and powered car, so I would be careful as to what you say. Mabey research the cars you speak of a bit more before rushing to judgment........ just a thought.

Just to give you a rough idea of what the skip barber cars can do, they run a time about 20-25 seconds slower than a Star Mazda car which is also a well known series in the states that many UK drivers have taken part in.
I can't see how you think Peter is ranting about Josef? He is purely mentioning the obvious. Josef is a talent but has a lot more experience than the quote above Peter suggests. He has done a full season in the Skip Barber cars which might not be F3 in appearance or down force but are still "slicks & wings" adding this to his testing in Formula Ford has helped him do well at Brands. He still has a lot to learn but is one of the best drivers in national motorsport this year.

Peter isn't "bashing" anyone and is not ranting either. I am not actually sure a FPA aero package actually gives much down force anyway
Old 6 May 2009, 07:25 (Ref:2456273)   #313
FFmygale
Racer

England
UK
FFmygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77 View Post
I am not actually sure a FPA aero package actually gives much down force anyway
Thats certainly what I had always thought! They were designed purposefully basic at the outset weren't they?
Old 6 May 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2456416)   #314
50-SIX
Racer

50-SIX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler7752 View Post
I hate spoil your rant Cammish (I assume your related to Daniel - that might explain the Newgarden bash)

Well aren't you a treat! How's about discussing things and not jumping down people's throats. I too can't really see how it is a bash at Newgarden. We all know he is quick, and did a superb job in FPA. Whether the wings provide much downforce or not, he has jumped in a car that quite a few of the other runners will have had quite a bit of running in, so a very good job all round. I was impressed since I saw him at the FF festival.

But I was also very impressed with Daniel Cammish. Considering Oulton was his first ever car race he drove hard, and wasn't phased a bit. I look forward to him and Josef progressing throughout the season and hopefully having some epic battles.

And how's about using people's first or full name if you want to address them, its basic manners 7752
Old 6 May 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2456422)   #315
Redracer77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50-SIX View Post
Well aren't you a treat! How's about discussing things and not jumping down people's throats. I too can't really see how it is a bash at Newgarden. We all know he is quick, and did a superb job in FPA. Whether the wings provide much downforce or not, he has jumped in a car that quite a few of the other runners will have had quite a bit of running in, so a very good job all round. I was impressed since I saw him at the FF festival.

But I was also very impressed with Daniel Cammish. Considering Oulton was his first ever car race he drove hard, and wasn't phased a bit. I look forward to him and Josef progressing throughout the season and hopefully having some epic battles.

And how's about using people's first or full name if you want to address them, its basic manners 7752
Old 6 May 2009, 17:35 (Ref:2456638)   #316
Peter Cammish
Rookie

Peter Cammish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont really know who traveller 7752 is , but I think he has misread my e-mail, to re-confirm Josef Newgarden seems to me to be certainly one of the most talented young drivers currently racing in the UK, he also on seeing him in the paddock appeared a most well mannered young man and will almost certainly progress in the sport. Skip Barber Cars have wings, they dont appear to have slicks so apologises for my lack of research, only 32 years knowledge of the sport but a little below par on Skip Barber, I clealry need to step up, whatever regardless of how slow they are or if they have wings and slicks they will have common single seater characterisitics that a driver will be able to transfer the knowledge from to FF and looking at runners from FF who go to FPA they often seem to do well.

I was in truth answering a post regarding Josef going FPA, it seems to have been misconstrued, I would hope that people would not get that impression and cannot see how they could.
Old 6 May 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2456677)   #317
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I dont really know who traveller 7752 is , but I think he has misread my e-mail, to re-confirm Josef Newgarden seems to me to be certainly one of the most talented young drivers currently racing in the UK, he also on seeing him in the paddock appeared a most well mannered young man and will almost certainly progress in the sport. Skip Barber Cars have wings, they dont appear to have slicks so apologises for my lack of research, only 32 years knowledge of the sport but a little below par on Skip Barber, I clealry need to step up, whatever regardless of how slow they are or if they have wings and slicks they will have common single seater characterisitics that a driver will be able to transfer the knowledge from to FF and looking at runners from FF who go to FPA they often seem to do well.

I was in truth answering a post regarding Josef going FPA, it seems to have been misconstrued, I would hope that people would not get that impression and cannot see how they could.
Peter; I don't think anyone sensible on here has misconstrued your post. Both Josef and his USA scholarship team mate Coner Daly have a wealth of experience for their tender years and both are very talented and both are proving that in their respective activities this year.

Your own son Dan has made an excellent transition from karting; no surprise to some of us. I wish him good luck for the rest of this season.
Old 6 May 2009, 21:04 (Ref:2456790)   #318
187RTD
Rookie

187RTD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to stir things up a little more...

Why is Dan Cammish in the scholarship class?

Sure he lacks race experience but he has done more testing than most scholarship drivers would be able to do in 2 seasons and he drives an up to date car prepared by one of the best teams in FFord. I thought the idea of the scholarship class is for less experienced drivers with SMALLER BUDGETS.

Cammish is clearly a cheque book wielding pot hunter. He should grow some balls, join the main championship and leave the genuine scholarship runners to fight for genuine scholarship glory!
Old 6 May 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2456815)   #319
FFfan
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 187RTD View Post

Sure he lacks race experience but he has done more testing than most scholarship drivers would be able to do in 2 seasons and he drives an up to date car prepared by one of the best teams in FFord. I thought the idea of the scholarship class is for less experienced drivers with SMALLER BUDGETS.

Cammish is clearly a cheque book wielding pot hunter. He should grow some balls, join the main championship and leave the genuine scholarship runners to fight for genuine scholarship glory!
He is still a novice (the X on the back of his car is a clue) and his car will be of sufficient age to be a scholarship runner. As for joining the main championship, I think his results and "main" championship position speak for themselves. You can't blame Dan or KMR for exploiting the rules!
Old 6 May 2009, 22:04 (Ref:2456828)   #320
187RTD
Rookie

187RTD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The novice cross is only half the story!

I have the utmost respect for KMR and the way they run their team and I fully understand why they would take Cammish's money. However, if the scholarship class becomes as expensive as the main championship, the grids will get thinner and thinner because genuine privateer/small budget runners will shy away. Several excellent drivers this year wanted to race duratecs but couldn't raise the insane amounts of money required to win!

Yes Cammish has a novice cross but he has done £1000's of testing and is driving what will most likely amount to an 09 spec car.

I maintain he is a pot hunter, but if he wants to prove me wrong and relinquish his place in the scholarship class, taking his budget where it belongs, it would be far better for the championships future.
Old 6 May 2009, 23:35 (Ref:2456868)   #321
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There has always been quick Scholarship drivers racing at the front though, its nothing new. In the 2003 season you would often find James Walker, Jay Howard, Charlie Donnelly etc right up at the front in the top 3 overall in scholarship cars. Likewise Joe D'Agostino was an overall race winner in 2004, despite racing in the Scholarship class. They are just a couple of examples. Whats the problem if your a scholarship runner and in the thick of the action?!
Old 7 May 2009, 07:17 (Ref:2456979)   #322
FFfan
Racer

Quote:
The novice cross is only half the story!

I have the utmost respect for KMR and the way they run their team and I fully understand why they would take Cammish's money. However, if the scholarship class becomes as expensive as the main championship, the grids will get thinner and thinner because genuine privateer/small budget runners will shy away. Several excellent drivers this year wanted to race duratecs but couldn't raise the insane amounts of money required to win!

Yes Cammish has a novice cross but he has done £1000's of testing and is driving what will most likely amount to an 09 spec car.

I maintain he is a pot hunter, but if he wants to prove me wrong and relinquish his place in the scholarship class, taking his budget where it belongs, it would be far better for the championships future.
I can empathise with the point you make, being closely involved with a driver who couldn't raise the Duratec budget for this year so racing in FF National "Kents" instead. But as I said as long as KMR/DC are competing within the rules, even if as you suggest not the spirit, of the scholarship class then they are doing nothing wrong.

You sound quite vitriolic about this; is it because of personal involvement yourself? To be honest budgets even for the Scholarship class of Duratec are huge because the teams all do a lot of testing and that's where most of the money goes. Until testing is controlled and restricted and budgets are "capped" (grand delusions of F1!!) then this situation will continue.

I still think think KMR & Cammish are doing a good job. There are more experienced drivers in his own and other teams and much bigger teams on the grid that they are competing very well against at the moment.

Its no good being bitter or jealous of others who have more than you and so can progress up the ladder. Motor Racing will always be a rich mans sport. We can all wax lyrical about other drivers getting further up the ladder with less talent and more money but that will just eat away at you. Either best to do the best job you can with the resources you have available or walk away and get on with the rest of your life!
Old 7 May 2009, 08:41 (Ref:2457040)   #323
Redracer77
Veteran

Quote:

Being Dan's manager I am in the best position to reply to this post. If you mean Dan testing 6 times before the start of the season then yes he has done a lot of testing. I know guys in club racing that have done more.....

If you knew what both myself and Dan's father did behind the scenes to raise the budget for Dan to be able to race you wouldnt put posts like that on this forum. We have pulled together a portfolio of companies that are helping fund our deal. Peter like many hard working fathers is not rich by any means but he works very hard to put his son in the best position to progress and his passion for motorsport is amazing. Sponsorship is possible if you know who to speak to and know what your doing.

Why should dan not race in the Scholarship class? Just because he is quick he should not race? Why did Boyd bother racing in FF last year as it was unfair that he was the quickest...maybe he should have stopped half way through the season so he could let other people have a chance....Get real

Dan is in his first season of racing in an 08 car so fits the class structure for the class so he is in his right to go for both championships.

You are obviously connected with or are a driver who races in the scholarship class and is upset that you/he/she was hoping to get some wins to raise some budget. I am sorry about that but that is racing. You race to the rules and race to win.

Good luck for the rest of the year. There is a long way to go with a good mixture of tracks, so different winners will happen during the year.
Old 7 May 2009, 09:01 (Ref:2457049)   #324
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reading the debate here I can't help thinking that what's needed in this country is an entry level series for karters and newcomers to motorsport alike that offers them a chance to learn and showcase their talents on a single, affordable, but level playing field.

I propose a spaceframe single seater series, without wings or aero devices, open to all chassis manufacturers and built to strict safety guidelines which can be purchased new as a rolling chassis with gearbox for, say, £15000.

The specification would ensure the cars are easy to set up but still with enough variety for the talented driver and engineer working together to make a real difference.

To this we could fit an engine from a popular mass-produced car, allow strictly controlled blueprinting and balancing only, and a control ecu to ensure performance is as equal as possible.

Tyres would be controlled, single make and durable for at least 200 miles with minimal performance drop off from new. They must be usable in both wet and dry conditions.

The whole series, including entry fees and rounds nation-wide, should be achievable within average annual earnings of say £25,000.

Who knows, if the series took off it could be spread worldwide, and once a year we might have a one-off race with more than 150 entrants to decide the champion of champions. Even F1 teams might take notice of the winner!

Just an idea.

Is any road car manufacturer up for the challenge?
Old 7 May 2009, 09:07 (Ref:2457053)   #325
brakedisc
Racer

"Being Dan's manager I am in the best position to reply to this post."

This is where it has all gone wrong. We are talking about the first rung on the single seater ladder here and we have a drivers manager responding to a post. You will be telling me next that you do it out of the goodness of your own heart.

Said it before and will say it again, "there are two many people trying to make money out of UK FF racing."

Tags
formula ford