Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Sep 2010, 16:52 (Ref:2759913)   #301
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz22 View Post
Actually it will be Butch and Tomy....Pruett was na
which car will be the new chassis?
Old 15 Sep 2010, 17:13 (Ref:2759929)   #302
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
which car will be the new chassis?
33 is the original car which is revamped, so in effect the new car....newer than the 75.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 17:45 (Ref:2759946)   #303
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, and the #plates won't be changed and have the pro team of Goossens and Dalziel driving the more heavily updated chassis for better result?

L.P.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2759975)   #304
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
The #33 Jag will be Gentilozzi, Drissi and Butch Leitzinger. Goossens and Daiziel for the #75.

L.P.
Alright Butch!
Old 15 Sep 2010, 18:58 (Ref:2759986)   #305
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz22 View Post
33 is the original car which is revamped, so in effect the new car....newer than the 75.
So there will be 2 different versions of the Jag then, or will the older car be updated to new spec?
Old 15 Sep 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2759996)   #306
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
Quote:
Hmm, and the #plates won't be changed and have the pro team of Goossens and Dalziel driving the more heavily updated chassis for better result?
It's a long week, Goose and Ryan will get comparative eval time in both....both cars are evolving anyway. Blank piece of paper for BL....he's fresh input. See what's what and move forward as needed from there.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2760001)   #307
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
Quote:
So there will be 2 different versions of the Jag then, or will the older car be updated to new spec?
No two cars are ever quite the same in the developmental stages of a program...it's a massive data acquisition game....we all know that....let's leave it at that.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 17:24 (Ref:2760464)   #308
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
GT1 Atlas eFX Saleen has disappeared from the entrylist (as expected) but replaced by another Challenge Porsche from Magnus Racin for John Potter + TBA and his famous twin-brother

Sad to see the Saleen go, but it wasn't a very high quality entry anyway imho and a 1-car class isn't much of a class, is it?

Still 45 cars!
Old 16 Sep 2010, 17:53 (Ref:2760484)   #309
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't know if someone mentioned it already but no Henzler in the Falken Porsche, busy in Europe? Stanton is usually Potter's co-driver at Magnus in GA but he is already listed in the Robertson Ford so I wonder who they'll pick up.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2760498)   #310
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Saleen would've been slow and rather unnecessary addition to the grid, but another boring cup Porsche doesn't really get me excited either. Honestly, is there anyone who actually cares what happens in GT Challenge? They could replace that class with seat leon touring cars, and I wouldn't notice the difference.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2760503)   #311
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The Saleen would've been slow and rather unnecessary addition to the grid, but another boring cup Porsche doesn't really get me excited either. Honestly, is there anyone who actually cares what happens in GT Challenge? They could replace that class with seat leon touring cars, and I wouldn't notice the difference.
Then why is it a multi-class series seems to peek the interest?? And the much touted (rightly so, IMO) GT-2 class can barely get around them on the straights. And there are many people involved and following the GTC class. I think, if it is a desire to watch the ALMS, one had better get used to GTC or something based from it!!

L.P.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2760554)   #312
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Don't know if someone mentioned it already but no Henzler in the Falken Porsche, busy in Europe? Stanton is usually Potter's co-driver at Magnus in GA but he is already listed in the Robertson Ford so I wonder who they'll pick up.
Henzler will be missed, but they have an ample replacement lined up.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2760568)   #313
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Then why is it a multi-class series seems to peek the interest?? And the much touted (rightly so, IMO) GT-2 class can barely get around them on the straights. And there are many people involved and following the GTC class. I think, if it is a desire to watch the ALMS, one had better get used to GTC or something based from it!!
Actually I would've thought there'd have been more 911s coming up from the Patron GT3 Challenge and other series, than what we've seen so far. Anyway. I guess I will enjoy the class if/when the R8 LMS joins the squad, but while it's a minimized version of Supercup, I have no interest. I understand why the class exists there and why great porsche drivers like Bleekemolen compete on it, but I don't excactly enjoy spec competition in multiclass sportscar series.

However, I guess LMPC is good to have there, since otherwise you'd usually have only half a dozen prototypes on the field.

I know this is OT, sry

Last edited by Deleted; 16 Sep 2010 at 20:29.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2760579)   #314
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Henzler will be missed, but they have an ample replacement lined up.
Pilet? Westbrook?
Old 16 Sep 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2760585)   #315
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Pilet? Westbrook?
Ragginger.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2761128)   #316
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slight change to the entry list, the Abruzzi is now entered as "Panoz Team" and the car's number has been changed to 50. Something happen with PTG?
Old 18 Sep 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2761255)   #317
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Maybe because of the testing rules? An active team is only allowed X amount.

L.P.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2761646)   #318
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PTG will not be running the Panoz Abruzzi. It will be run by another team.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 21:54 (Ref:2761689)   #319
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
PTG will not be running the Panoz Abruzzi. It will be run by another team.
Where did you find this out? If it's true I wonder why, perhaps the car isn't near sorted enough for PTG to want to run or could this perhaps be an issue between panoz and ptg?
Old 20 Sep 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2761841)   #320
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lizards will get Lieb for #45 and Holzer for #44,they will also help with the hybrid GT3 R.
i wonder whether falken needs Pilet as third driver.
http://www.lizardms.com/news/releases/2010/sep-20.html
Old 20 Sep 2010, 11:39 (Ref:2761850)   #321
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Long-Lieb-Bergmeister in the #45? Excellent! *rubs hands in a very Hindhaugh-ish way*
Old 20 Sep 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2761908)   #322
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
lizards will get Lieb for #45 and Holzer for #44,they will also help with the hybrid GT3 R.
i wonder whether falken needs Pilet as third driver.
http://www.lizardms.com/news/releases/2010/sep-20.html
Pilet, Lietz and Kaffer will be on International GT Open duty that weekend. So none of them will be at Petit.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 21:23 (Ref:2762160)   #323
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiend540 View Post
Where did you find this out? If it's true I wonder why, perhaps the car isn't near sorted enough for PTG to want to run or could this perhaps be an issue between panoz and ptg?
It was told to me on Saturday by someone that I don't know that well and confirmed by another person on Sunday. The confirming person is well known in the ALMS paddock. And to answer your question, I would say it is the latter of your two points.

And China is something else altogether.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2762181)   #324
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It was told to me on Saturday by someone that I don't know that well and confirmed by another person on Sunday. The confirming person is well known in the ALMS paddock. And to answer your question, I would say it is the latter of your two points.

It would be a Hankook team?
Old 20 Sep 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2762193)   #325
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Hmm, so realistically it is a money issue