Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Jul 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3275081)   #301
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Yeah, I was a bit surprised when I saw it out there with them on...thought if they ever ran two cars it'd be a neat way to differentiate between the two.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3275103)   #302
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Some shots of the 17 from this weekend by myself.

Wow, those are great photos. She looks like she's got a lot of dirt or mud on her in the second photo. Was there an off that they didn't mention on TV?

While we're on the topic of Falken photos, does anyone else still use slide film? My dad, my brother and I shot slides at Road America last year (I intend to do so again this year), and the 17 really looks good on slide film, the colors look almost lifelike.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3275107)   #303
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Wow, those are great photos. She looks like she's got a lot of dirt or mud on her in the second photo. Was there an off that they didn't mention on TV?

While we're on the topic of Falken photos, does anyone else still use slide film? My dad, my brother and I shot slides at Road America last year (I intend to do so again this year), and the 17 really looks good on slide film, the colors look almost lifelike.
Not that I saw...I spent most of raceday around Big Bend and the Esses, I had been there all weekend and was absolutely spent by then.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 02:57 (Ref:3275189)   #304
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

On very rare occasions, yes I shoot film but never motorsport. It is much too difficult and expensive.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 14:27 (Ref:3275403)   #305
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As usual, Team Falken went out of their way for the fans. I arrived late with my family and was still given the time for a tour and more. Mind you I arrived as the team were finalizing the race-prep and autograph sessions.

In particular I want to thank Joyce for giving my children a wonderful tour. Joyce and Kelly are great ambassadors for Falken.

My family thanks you for your generosity.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3275416)   #306
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
As usual, Team Falken went out of their way for the fans. I arrived late with my family and was still given the time for a tour and more. Mind you I arrived as the team were finalizing the race-prep and autograph sessions.

In particular I want to thank Joyce for giving my children a wonderful tour. Joyce and Kelly are great ambassadors for Falken.

My family thanks you for your generosity.
Our pleasure! I'm glad you were still able to get a tour! Autograph sessions are always a crazy time. I hope the kids enjoyed it!

We had a couple forum members come by. Hope you all had a good time and stayed cool!

And no, our Porsche did not go off course during the event.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 15:23 (Ref:3275417)   #307
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Some shots of the 17 from this weekend by myself.

These are great! Mind if I take one to put in our post race blog with the other fan photos?
Old 8 Jul 2013, 15:45 (Ref:3275423)   #308
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
These are great! Mind if I take one to put in our post race blog with the other fan photos?
Don't mind at all!
Old 8 Jul 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3275438)   #309
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Derrick is wearing a lot of hats these days, how is that affecting the ALMS program? Are Ed Carpenter's cars run out of the same shop?
Old 8 Jul 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3275476)   #310
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Derrick is wearing a lot of hats these days, how is that affecting the ALMS program? Are Ed Carpenter's cars run out of the same shop?
It doesn't affect the ALMS program at all. Derrick simply traded one IndyCar job (managing Ed's team) for another (IndyCar President of Competition). He's still dedicating all the time necessary to managing the Falken Tire team. He also has great people set up underneath him so that he's not always needed for every little day-to-day item. Ed's team is still running out of the shop, just like many other teams rent out space in local shops in Indy.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3275482)   #311
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This may have been a question asked before, so apologies if it has, but what do you guys at Falken make of the WEC? You've said before that Le Mans itself proves a little bit of a stretch for your resources, but with one round in North America and possibly two, how would you feel about competing with the world's best?
Old 8 Jul 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3275535)   #312
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
This may have been a question asked before, so apologies if it has, but what do you guys at Falken make of the WEC? You've said before that Le Mans itself proves a little bit of a stretch for your resources, but with one round in North America and possibly two, how would you feel about competing with the world's best?
Currently, all of Falken Tire's North American sports car resources are in the current ALMS program. If the powers that be decide to continue the program after 2013 once the Series merge, the cost of running will be significantly higher than what it is currently, and the new tracks, regulations and competition will require even more time in research, testing and development. Right now all that is for sure is the 2013 season in American Le Mans.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 23:13 (Ref:3275623)   #313
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
...how would you feel about competing with the world's best?
I think you're selling Falken (and the rest of the ALMS GT class) a bit short. Team Falken Tire is already racing with some of the world's best!
Old 8 Jul 2013, 23:59 (Ref:3275643)   #314
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I think you're selling Falken (and the rest of the ALMS GT class) a bit short. Team Falken Tire is already racing with some of the world's best!
+1
Old 9 Jul 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3275655)   #315
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That statement was no detriment to the ALMS and I would agree with you that the ALMS is as good as, if not better than the WEC in GT. It's a point of debate, for sure. But still, it would be nice to race against some World Champion contenders, no?
Old 9 Jul 2013, 00:59 (Ref:3275659)   #316
kevin993
Rookie

kevin993 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For what its worth, Falken has a lot of visibility at the Nurburgring 24 hours each year. The brand has a lot of promotional visibility. Granted it isn't the WEC or LM, but it is a big stage with a lot of the big players and does get visibility in front of a lot of happy Germans!

Happy to post a few photos when I figure out how to make that work...
Old 9 Jul 2013, 04:00 (Ref:3275711)   #317
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
That statement was no detriment to the ALMS and I would agree with you that the ALMS is as good as, if not better than the WEC in GT. It's a point of debate, for sure. But still, it would be nice to race against some World Champion contenders, no?
From an ALMS fans perspective, it would be cool if it were LM but we don't see any of the other WEC races... not even the highlight packages we got with the LMS. I read articles the week after a WEC race but I am more disconnected from the European teams now than ever. Outside of LM, I don't know enough about it to have an educated discussion.
Old 10 Jul 2013, 04:31 (Ref:3276180)   #318
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
I'm working on a sort of a model car project for one of my brothers, doing a Falken Tire livery on a 1/32 scale 80's 911. I've found a color close to the blue, but I can't seem to find anything near PPG Summer Green.
Do you know the formula number of the color? The local parts store doesn't carry PPG, but if we have the number we can color match it.
It's not really important, so please don't go to too much trouble!
Old 11 Jul 2013, 01:21 (Ref:3276405)   #319
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
I'm working on a sort of a model car project for one of my brothers, doing a Falken Tire livery on a 1/32 scale 80's 911. I've found a color close to the blue, but I can't seem to find anything near PPG Summer Green.
Do you know the formula number of the color? The local parts store doesn't carry PPG, but if we have the number we can color match it.
It's not really important, so please don't go to too much trouble!
I do have it on file, but the paper work I have says the information is confidential. I'll ask the bosses and see if it's something I can provide for you.
Old 11 Jul 2013, 01:41 (Ref:3276410)   #320
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
I do have it on file, but the paper work I have says the information is confidential. I'll ask the bosses and see if it's something I can provide for you.
Whatever their answer is, thanks for looking into it!
Old 11 Jul 2013, 02:15 (Ref:3276416)   #321
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Figured I'd share my toy .
Old 15 Jul 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3278000)   #322
FalkenALMS
Racer

Wolf is hosting a Q&A on twitter right now (@Wolf_Henzler). If any members have any questions about our program or Porsche, feel free to tweet him.
Old 15 Jul 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3278002)   #323
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Figured I'd share my toy .
Looks beautiful! Do you take it out to race or does it stay on display?
Old 15 Jul 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3278003)   #324
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wolf is hosting a Q&A on twitter right now (@Wolf_Henzler). If any members have any questions about our program or Porsche, feel free to tweet him.
Wolf on twitter? Nice! Now you just have to get him on Instagram
Old 16 Jul 2013, 04:06 (Ref:3278210)   #325
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Looks beautiful! Do you take it out to race or does it stay on display?
i race it every now and then, but mostly displayed with my alms stuff.